How to Root your WeTek Core

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,282 times. The last Post () by fc_candido.

• As first thing let me tell you that some DRM apps will bother you if they detect that your device is rooted, that's the reason why it doesn't come rooted out of the box since we invested much time in having a great DRM support, anyway if you need root permissions for apps (remember that if you only need a root shell you can telnet to the ip or use adb over network that is enabled by default), follow these steps.

• Download CWM, unrar it and copy its recovery.img file to the root (main folder) of a FAT/FAT32 formatted MicroSD card
    • Download SuperSU from Chainfire's website and copy the zip (don't unzip it) to the same folder where you have copied the recovery.img above
    • Insert this MicroSD card in the WeTek Core and reboot to recovery by long pressing power button -> reboot -> recovery
    • Once booted to CWM select: install zip -> choose zip from /sdcard -> and select the SuperSU zip
    • When it's done you can reboot, just remember in case of an OTA update to remove CWM's recovery.img from the MicroSD card or it won't install the update

After re-rooting would be required after a full Firmware reflash...

• I copy all the data to SD card, but CWM don't automatacaly run. Must I do anything more before this step?

• Once booted to CWM select: install zip -> choose zip from /sdcard -> and select the SuperSU zip

CWM don't automatically boot. Am I doing something wrong?

Tnx

• Tried different SS card and it worked. Tnx.

glad you got it sorted

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• master G

Added the Label Article

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!