I cannot receive SAORSAT from 9east ka band on Solo2 but can on Uno!! help

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,273 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• This has just foxed me. I am setting up a solo2 with Openpli4.1 and using a motorised dish along with a fixed dish on 9east for saorsat. As I can receive 9east SAORSAT no problems on a Uno using BH2.0.7 I assumed same would apply to Solo2 but blow me it just wont pick them up.

I chaNged the sat.xml from uno to solo2, and as a final resort I used the channel settings from the uno in the solo2 so that all the details for SAORSAT was already there but nothing not a glimmer.

Is this a bad tuner or can it be image dependent? Or am I making a basic error?

Puzzled and for the moment gutted.

Help??

merry xmas all

• Could be image dependent alright.. Make a full backup of what youve got set up now on openpli.
    Lash on a BH image or a backup and set it up just for soarsat and see what happens..
    Merry holidays to you too bud !!

• I had that same problem about a year and a half ago (maybe a bit longer)
    The uno supported blind scan (had no problem with saorsat) where as the solo2 didn't at that time (no signal).
    It was running blackhole then, now it's running openvix.
    I still have the uno working with it (running openvix still) and haven't tried the solo2 since.
    I'll give it another go tomorrow or the day after and post my findings.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, just tested it and Saorsat is working on my solo2.
    Would attach screenshots but no internet in my garage for screenshot grab.

Details:
    Ka type lnb (obviously)
    Type of scan : user defined transponder
    System : DVB-S2
    Satellite : 9.0E Eutelsat
    Frequency : 10765
    Inversion : auto
    Symbol rate : 25000
    FEC : 1/2
    Polorisation : vertical.
    Modulation : QPSK

Running:
    openVIX
    Version : 3.2
    Build : 025
    Kernel : 3.13.5

• Sorted and it was dead easy. For some reason I was usIng 10766 and once I changed it to 10765 it worked on openatv and openpli and it already works on BH and as above it works on vix so that's sorted. So simple but a right bind when it is not that obivious.

• Hindsight is a wonderful thing but finding out for the first time is the best !!!
    Glad you got it sorted bud but jealous I can´t get that signal from my location !!!!
    will close thread now..

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!