HDMU latest stable backup by pauldb alien2 28.2e and cable(optional)

There are 160 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 47,398 times. The last Post () by alcomurray.

• Hi Paul. All seems to be working well, but like one of the previous posts I get a blank/black screen when trying to record two channels simultaneously. I'm using OSCAM have the twin tuner box (so have disabled DVB C tuner -set to dummy) . Satellite tuners B and C both set to simple and 28 degrees. Just seems when I try to record 2 channels, I get blank on second channel, then other (first) channel goes blank too, until I stop recording and flick channel up or down. Really want to stick with the image as it seems faster than most. Frustrated as I even manged to fix the cool TV update prompt and stop it!

• strange one that as i never had probems recording 2 channels, can i ask is if free or paid ones , you can also check, do you have a signal on both sat channels, easiest way is go to service searching theres a sat finder in there or switch one of the sats off,then try the other one

• Does it happen for both FTA and encrypted channels? If only happens for encrypted channels, what about 1 FTA and one encrypted?
    Can you record one channel and watch another channel?
    If it is encrypted channels please post a Oscam log with debug level set to 128 (dvbapi).

• Thanks Paul, Joeuser and JonnyRos. Prompted me to recheck my OScam files. Changed dreambox to duckbox and bang it works fine :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Not seen this on here and works in this image. Its a modified file for CoolTV that removes the nagging update CoolTV screen that keeps popping up. Copy it into Usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/CoolTVguide to replace current PYO file. Enjoy nag free CoolTV!

• can i ask did you change any of the files cause hdmu has never been dreambox in box type that would only happen if you ftp your own files from a mips box, you should only need to change the oscam.server file

as for the cool tv, i believe theres a 7.6 out

• Hi pauldb I am new to this and from my research you seem to be the genius out there for the help I need just bought the Alien Amiko 2+ and I am looking at getting it set up properly what's the best image to use that has Oscam working for ccline and that I can pause record and rewind also would love if I could record 2 and watch 1

• Hi Paul, yes I have a mips receiver too so copied that config to may Amiko Oscam settings. Did take me a while to work out the duckbox thing as a result. Yes I know would have been easier to edit the original file in hindsight. As for CoolTV I was getting that nag to update and preferred to stick with a version I knew worked!

• hi paul, after seeing this image i have just got my alien 2 out of the cupboard and flashed it, i have single tuner sat and cable setup, but when i try initialisation of hdd to setup swap manager etc it keeps failing the partition what am i doing wrong?

Update - got it switched to spark and formatted from there.

thanks

Edited once, last by waldo176 ().

• hi paul, after seeing this image i have just got my alien 2 out of the cupboard and flashed it, i have single tuner sat and cable setup, but when i try initialisation of hdd to setup swap manager etc it keeps failing the partition what am i doing wrong?

Update - got it switched to spark and formatted from there.

thanks

remember to switch off one of the sat tuners, other wise you may get slowdown on the menu

• Hi, I've been using Xix4eProject for a while now but seems to be freezing up a bit & have to reboot continially so decide to try this image. It's been lovely & stable but I'm finding it difficult to get cable & sat bouquets to load and see. I can see the 28.2 bouquets but not cable for some reason? I liked the bouquet setup on the Vix4 image so would i be able to grab this layout from my other box i.e copy & ftp over my files in etc/egigma2 over to this image? Hope that makes sense.

• Hey there,

In my opinion this is the best image for the Amiko Alien 2, it works fast and great. The only thing that gets to me I have to keep re-formatting my HDD every couple of weeks. Crossepg doesn't load properly until I reformat it and it works grand then. I have formatted it to Fat32 and EXT3 in Spark and I have to reformat it after a couple of weeks, I have also tried using EaseUS partition ,aster and had the same result. I tried a 32gb stick and a 500gb drive. Any ideas what I could do?

Thanks

• iv never had to reformat my drive,i presume you are mounting it via the plug in

you could try formating it in a partition manager to ext3, primary, you also have to give it a label , "record" it my memory serves me right for HDMU to work correctly,

and yeh HDMU is the fastest but does have a problem with drives due to how it mounts

• Thanks for the reply paul, could you tell me how to label the hdd to record.

Do I just connect it to my laptop and rename it or can i do it on the Amiko?

in mount manager I have it to mount on start up. I just changed mount on /media/hdd and mount on /media/hdd/movie to the hard drive because it had nothing before, is this right?

Thanks again Paul

• in a partition manager you can set a label,it just the name of the partition

also you only need to tick one of them not both, and yes mount on start up

- - - Updated - - -

This image is great,i just tried to change my skin but it keeps crashing.Anybody got any ideas on how to update new skin without crashing.

what skin are you trying to use

• [quote='pauldb','https://linuxsat-support.com/index.php?thread/&postID=386808#post386808']in a partition manager you can set a label,it just the name of the partition

also you only need to tick one of them not both, and yes mount on start up

Thanks Paul

Spark STI 7162 Images

Download Enigma2 Images and Spark Firmware for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!