Complete Vermin Zgemma setup guide

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,341 times. The last Post () by ChromaEdge.

• Admins, moderators....this is the most appropriate place i could find for this post but if there is another place please delete this line and move accordingly, Thx

Okay so this is a setup guide for a Zgemma H1 for Vm for now.....will also work with H2H and other models....... but will add Sly as it will be similar but with a few ammendments

This guide was made because when i had to set my box up i was given variouse tutorials and links took me over 8 hours but i got it done as information was all over the place.....then i realised all this info in one post step by step will be very benificial so this is the result of that.

Big shout out to our Admins, Moderators and all the helpers ==== Master G, Prophet, Oktus, Mach1, Honcho, abu baniaz and anyone else that i missed out ======

So we are going to do this the easy way which will take you under half an hour and not 8 hours how i did it first.

Pre steps

1: get a usb stick 4gb or 8GB as once used we will then use this usb stick for our box's external memory.
    2: format in windows fat 32
    3: make sure you plug in a lan cable from your router as we will use this to start with

1: As this is based on a working backup of any Enigma image for your box, download one of your choice

2: extract it and there will be a folder called Zgemma copy that folder onto your formated usb stick

3: make sure receiver is switched off....put that usb stick into the back of your recivers USB port.....yes it is there under the networking port if the back port doesnt work the new dual core models will have a usb port in the front behind the flap

4: switch receiver on and receiver should say usb the flash and will sit there with flash for about 5 mins...dont do anything once it has flashed it will reboot to new interface and software

5: go to menu>>>setup>>>system>>>storageDevices>>>initialis ation>>>Select your drive>>>Red to initialise>>>> Exit all

6: Menu>>>Setup>>>Vix>>>Swap File Manager>>>Press Blue to create 256MB>>>>long Wait>>>Press yellow to auto start>>>Press Green to Start>>>Press red to close>>>exit all

7: hold power button for 3 secs and select restart

This is the part you need to do first befere searching for services.... download file zilla and install it

https://filezilla-project.org/

8 download the cam files in which your lines will go this will take your N line from the link below also download another file that will come in handy later aswell from 2nd link

http://www.filedropper.com/mgcamfiles
    http://www.filedropper.com/backdrop

9: there will be 2 files in there when you extract mgcamfiles...MG_cfg and newcamd.list......The one we want to put our line in is Newcamd.List, So open it up and there will be 2 lines in there that will read

CWS = vm.server.com 12000 user-10980 168248 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
    CWS = tv.server.com 10100 user-7321 1285612 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

10: delete the bottom line completely and then the remaining line delete after CWS = , so are left with CWS = only

11: now add your line to this line so it reads CWS = server.name.com port user password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

12: once done save it by closing

13: now to get this line onto the box we will ftp it using out file zilla program we downloaded and installed earlier but before we do we need to connect box to our router

14: we will use lan cable connection for this bit as its easier so go to menu>>>setup>>>System>>>Network>>>DeviceSetup>>>Ad apterSettings>>>

as you have no wifi plugged in there should only be on selection and that wil be lan and you will already be in it.

Make sure use interface reads = Yes
    Use DHCP = Yes

make note of I.P address

15: open up file zilla and in the ip section type your i.p in user type root and leave pasword blank in port put in 21 or leave empty and click quick connect

16: once connected you will see all the folders on your box in the right hand side of the program

17: browse to usr and then keys and drag those 2 files from mgcames folder we extracted earlier and added our line to earlier (MG_cfg and newcamd.list) to this folder if there are same 2 files already present you will be asked to overwrite click yes for both. once done disconnect and close file zilla.

18: exit out of everything and hold power button for 3 seconds and reboot box

19: Go to menu>>>Setup>>>Service Searching>>>Tuner Configuration>>> Highlight Tuner A which is the sat tunerand siable for now as we are not using byy right arrow until it says not configured...Press green button then exit

20: select tuner B by pressing okay and make sure config mode says enabled>>>In network ID enter your network I.D from the link below

cable netids

21: Used Service Scan = Provider

22: Provider to scan = Virging Media (6952)

23: Press green to save then red to close then red to close again

24: Go to auto bouquets maker then providers make sure Kabel = no>>> virgin uk = yes>>>virgin uk area = Net I.D select by going left or right arrow

25: make sure all the ther options are saying yes apart from swap channels then press green button then exit.

26 go to automatic scan it will start scanning channels and once done press okay. you should still be in services searching menu if not go to Menu>>>Setup>>>Services searching Menu then go to auto boquet maker and start scan...once done exit all

27: for the EPG go to Menu>>>setup>>>system>>>epg>>>settings>>> set to external HD press green button OK

28: Go to Cross EPG>>>storage devices and set to external HD or flash not internal, GReen button ok

29: Go to update Rytec providers and then go to update xepgdp providers and it should download your providers.

30: go to xmltv providers and untick everything in there and make sure rytec virgin Media is ticked only and green button for save

31: Go to open TV providers>>> Start Order and you should only have rytec virgin media in there green utton save

32: go to download now and wait while it downloads this could take 10ish mins. Once done save if there is any save option and exit all the way out and hold pwer button on remoot for 3 secs and reboot.

33: upon boot go to fav section by pressing fav button and select a hd or paid channel and it should clear if not

34: press blue Button and select softcam manager

35: make sure mgcamd 1.38 or what ever version is highlighted and ticked green

36: press yellow button to restart and obnce it restarts your channels should clear

Last but not least if your not happy with the Alien head boot screen and want to change that we can do that now...The 2 rar files you downloaded earlier one was named Backdrop...unrar that...ad there should be 3 files in there named

Backdrop.mvi
    bootlogo.mvi
    bootlogo_wait.mvi

go to file zilla client and connect as you did earlier to your receiver via its ip address...On the right hand side in your receiver folders look for USR and then Share and coppy those 3 files into the share folder and close filezilla.

Reboot receiver and it should load with new boot screen but this can be ammended even more to your taste and for that theres a guid or 2 here on the forums.

I did the best i could here im sure i could of gone into further deatil in other bits but for now this should be upto date and get your VM line and services working.

I will write a seperate one for Sly which will have less steps or very similar only need a few things editing.

If i missed out anything please do add and i will copy and add to post.

• Official Post

The mg-cfg files that been have linked to have the logging option enabled.

Code
    L: { 03 } 172.16.1.1 28007 /tmp/mgcamd.log

STB will try to connect to 172.16.1.1 This ends up flooding some networks and stopping the internet. Router has to be restarted.

Ideally that value should be changed to a valid ip address or disabled

Code
    L: { 00 }

• Ahaaa...Could this be a cause for glitching and breakig up picture as it might be interfering with the internet? and preventing line clearing? also after changing it to 00 can the ip after it be deleted or removed? or leave it there and just set 03 to 00

• Both the following will achieve teh same result

Code
    L: { 00 } 172.16.1.1 28007 /tmp/mgcamd.log

Code
    L: { 00 }

For those for whom it applies ( some routres will grind to a halt, others won't, internet connection to all devices connected to the router. Not just the receiver.

Thank you i will change the links to ammended files as time has expired for me to ammend will get in contact with admin

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!