Complete WETEK PLAY OpenATV oscam DVB-C setup Guide

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,648 times. The last Post () by 1999gtv.

• ModsNote = if this is in the wrong place please move to appropriate place and delete this line. Thx

After spending 50+ hours trying to get my box to work with info all over the place i decided to write this turtorial to make it east for new comers that coveres everything step by step all in one place .

Big shout out to Honco, Mach1, MasterG, Prophet, Abu Baniaz, xbmcflix, robijay and anyone else i missed

As i installed the image on nand i will base this on that...

First of all get your self a 8gb usb stick and a lets say a 2GB sd card format both of them windows fat32 default should do the trick. Also for the folk who have a play remote the one that comes with a openelec will not work so can use an android remote from their phone called enigma 2 remote download it from play store and will help you set that up too.

FROM THE BOTTOM LINK DOWNLOAD THE FOLLOWING = enigma2-plugin-softcams-oscam_10660_cortexa9hf-vfp-neon.ipk

OpenATV Softcam Collection & Feed For WeTek Play

1: go to this link and download one of your choice or if you familiar with images get your own you wish to use on sdcard...i used openatv

WeTek Play Enigma 2 Images for NAND install

2: extract the rar file and put the following files on root of sd card

factory_update_param.aml
    openatv-5.1-wetekplay-20150915_nand = (this will be the name of your image)
    recovery

3: put sd card into your box and at the bottom press the upgrade button and plug in power supply

4: Keep holding the upgrade button untill yo see an android green man with a bluish line underneath showing installing then let go...wait for it to complete and your box will reboot into your new openATV image

5: You should be presented with a screen with a remote asking you to run through setup which you can do choose hdmi 720 or 1080 according to your prefrence when then language after than choose cable tuner enter your netid which can be downloaded here

After that Choose provider and then virgin 6952 should do the trick if your ntl if your c&w use cable brute force its in there just go left or right search for it now press green to saveand then when it gets to network choose lan or wifi and set that up...Uptill here your basic standard non enigma remote will work now go to menu set system networking device and write down your ip.

6: Download enigma 2 remote from play store on your android phone and open it top right hand side is a small round button press that then under hostname or ip enter your ipand press okay now you shold have a full fledge working enigma remote to help and run the box untill you get yourself a proper enigma remote

7: go to menu setup service searching and choose automatic scan and your box will start picking up cannels while its doing this.... Now unzip the file you downloaded from drop box unzip that and in that will be a file called oscam.server edit that according to you line settings and save

[reader]
    label = cable_uk
    protocol = newcamd
    device = XXXXXXXXX:XXX,46000 =your line and port
    key = 0102030405060708091011121314
    user = XXXXXXXX = your user name
    password = XXXXXXX = your password
    disableserverfilter = 1
    fallback = 1
    caid = 1841
    ident = 1841:000000
    group = 1
    audisabled = 1

8:When scanning has finished press ok exit exit all the way to main screen....The usb stick that you have, put in your pc and copy over the oscam file enigma2-plugin-softcams-oscam_10660_cortexa9hf-vfp-neon.ipk you downloaded earlier and copy it to usb...Then put the usb stick into the back of your receiver up will pop up a menu sayin install ipk something along those lines press ok and then okay to check green tick next to it then green button to isntall. once installed exit all the way and reboot box.

9: When box is booted open up the ftp program you downloaded and put in your ip address in the ip section and under user put root and connect...IT will connect to your box on the right hand side it will show you the files of your box in there will be a folder called usr double click that then a folder called keys double click that and copy the 4 files from the xip file you downloaded earlier and edited to this folder they will be called

oscam.user
    oscam.server
    oscam.conf
    oscam.dvbapi

10: once done close ftp program go to your box main screen press blue button select softcams and then softcams panel another menu will come up go right or once once under can and your oscam 10660 will show....press green to start.

11: open up your browser type in your box ip which will be your wetek ip:8888 and a control panel for your box will open up look for cable_uk under proxies and click that and its menu page will open under caid enter 1841 and underneath is a big box called ident enter 1841:000000 scroll down and make sure connect on init is ticked scroll down and press save....scroll back to the top and top right hand side press restart and okay and wait for it to restart...go to box select channel and it should be clearing.

12: go to menu plugins then green button download plugins then under system plugins scroll down to autobouquets and install

13: go to menu setup service searching autobouquets and configuer press okay then providers and select virmin then select your net id then press green button then start scan and it should download the bouquet.

14: as above go to plugins then system plugins and download cross epg

15: make sure your 8gb usb disk is plugged into the abck of your box then go to menu, setup, system, storage devices, initialisatin and select your 8gb usb stick and press red to initialise.

16: go to menu >>>setup>>> epg>>>crossepg>>> here make sure your 8gb usb stick is plugged into the back of your box and slect configuer and on top make sure it says your usb disk name and not internal flash....and then green button for ok

17: scroll down to update rytek providers and update xepgdb providers...

18: go to xmltv providers and make sure virgin media is checked only and press green to save and under the other 2 providers nothing is checked now croll to download and it will download and save youe epg to usb stick and your all good to go.

There you go folks simple steps follow them and you will get this fdown within the hour not like 50 how i did it :D

Any questions please feel free..if i missed out aything let me know or if i see i missed anything i will ammend.

• yeh with ABM iv never needed to do a full scan iv always just installed the plug in then run it try it and let us know how you get on , that would cut out about 15 minutes of scanning

it would also be a good idea to switch on the virgin cable epg setting then it would auto update with out crossepg when placed on the pvr-epg channel

• nice guide :) very easy to follow, if you fire up some screen grabs ill make a PDF version ;)

- - - Updated - - -

might also wanna add DVB-C to main thread name to @Admin/Mod

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• dont think we can tbh ;)

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• Followed your guide edited the files a little (changed caid and other small details) and now my Wetek with openatv on sdcard is working beautifully with uk satellite. Nice guide easy to adapt to my needs I had wasted hours trying to get a decent set up, using this guide I was up and running in under an hour including burning a fresh image to card. Top work fella and appreciate you posting the guide.

• How did you set your reader up, followed most of this using oscam on dm800 the reader recognising the caed but not showing the entitlements

• I followed this tutorial to install OpenAttv to Nand.

However I got to the part where it updates, and it just keeps updating in an endless loop.

The android sign comes up with a blue bar at the bottom. It completes the update, restarts then goes back into the update again, in an endless loop.

So I had to plug it out when it completed. Turned on the box, but I only get a black screen.

Any ideas?

Anyone had similar issue?

I followed this guide to restore it, but it just does a boot loop where the Wetek Play Logo shows, then it restarts:
    https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/s...rWeTekPlay.pdf

Would it be because I have a Wetek Play OpenElec? I thought it was same as Wetek play?

• The link you posted leads to an invalid xml file. What guide should it be, is it the reset guide using rs232 cable ? Also the Wetek openelec box is different in a couple of ways Uboot is different to android version. Another difference is the Openelec box has a security sim card which will cause a bootloop if not seated correctly. It would be useful to know which restore guide you followed can you post another link. If it is the guide to reset using rs232 cable it will bootloop afterwards until you reinstall Openelec or Android as you have effectively wiped all of the OS bar the boot partition and it has nothing to boot into.

• Flashing android on the Wetek openelec should not cause too many problems I have done it before just prior to installing open atv on nand. These boxes are hard to totally brick, if you can boot to recovery by pressing the reset with no sdcard inserted and wipe cache and media then reboot and pop sdcard in and install android or openelec it should be ok. If it won't allow you to do it or still bootloops have a look at this post on Wetek forum as mine did this after I turned the box upside down to flash it http://www.wetekforums.com/v/i…ity-sim-on-wetek-openelec . Also this thread gives a different recovery image to try http://www.wetekforums.com/v/i…wto-unbrick-wetek-play/p1 PS apologies to the mods for links to Wetek site but since the Wetek forum revamp a few months back lots of the threads on there send you round in circles so searching for answers is a mare

Edited once, last by 1999gtv ().

• master G

Changed the title of the thread from “Complete WETEK PLAY OpenATV oscam DVB-C setup Guide” to “Complete WETEK PLAY OpenATV oscam DVB-C setup Guide”.
  • master G

Set the Label from Wetek OSCam to Android OSCam

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!