Add wifi driver to mag250, Possible?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,370 times. The last Post () by katiec33.

• HI
    I have bought a wifi adaptor Realtek RTL8188EU Wireless LAN 802.11n and I have linux drivers. How do I install these drivers on the mag250 so the dongle works. I get adapter not connected. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Stephen

• Thanks for the info Jokosat. I tried everything like that , but the Mag250 refuses to recognise the dongle. " adapters not connected" that's why if I manually installed the wifi dongle I was hoping to get it to work. But there is no way to install a driver on mag 250. I can't even find a way to browse to a file on a sub stick to install a driver. I'm sure there must be a way

• Check in GOOGlE ,which dongles work with Mag 250. Also if the MAG is to far from the router can not connect with internet . My box with the dongle WIFI is about 2 meters from the router . The connection is OK .when i move away 4 meters i got 'not conneted ' ..Or you can use ethernet option with cable ...
    p.s Is the dongle find and recognize your router ??/

Edited once, last by chifut: ps ().

• hi chifut strange , my mag is about 8m from router with door close work perfect . with small areal usb wifi buy on ebay in section cloud ibox for 7£.

- - - Updated - - -

and i test with sharing internet from my mobile phone and work good 1m.

• Get AURA HD wifi stick, tried and tested a lot of times all 100% and make sure in network settings u use wifi auto DHCP :) then reboot.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!