Best to boost my wifi

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,797 times. The last Post () by jim1985.

• Cheers for reply m8

My house is old with thick interior walls!
    I was thinking is there some kind of plugin boosters I could get that will pickup the wifi ?

I am with VM but use the superhub-2 in modem mode along with my TP-link router so I can CS

Cheers

Inspiral

- - - Updated - - -

Is anyone using something like these? With good results ???

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271427553119

If my post helps hit the Thanks ;-)

• theres yer issue right there the superhub is cack and even i modem mode its cack
    look into dumping your hub onto the older netgear modem that kinda looks like a PS3
    with the curves this can handle 350mbps and will out preform any hub with a decent router :)

the HUBS are designed to be crap there a joke and still don't work after 40 revisions of firmware !
    there real job is to capture all yer data hence why yah need to actually give vermin yer VPN details
    to be able to use one ;) but you can do the above via haxoware firmware and a true 100% clone will work if stealth ed right
    as long as onlyt the clone is on the network = no more shithub ;)

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• nah its was teh modem ony netgear they used to give out , its more curve to it

and defo not contact them lol , you will not get any help to clone your sub modem hub to the older style netgear modem ;)
    try underground modems ;) ive not looked into cable for some time but essentially y9ur wanting to dump your superhub and get al certs ect ect from it
    then with the modem (not a router/hub) in the link below as picture you install haxoware to it and the dump/certs from the superhub and as long as y9ou only have the new cloned modem online then
    you will not have a issue ;) never plug in the original sub hub and you will be fine , grab any router you want thats gona be able to serve your needs i find asus are good for coverage but yah can grab old DLINK 615 routers for much cheap and install DDWRT FIRMWARE and set a few up as repeaters via wifi to get just as good coverage on a budget ,they was vermin issued same as modem was before the SUPCRUDHUBS came and destroyed teh wifi on vermin

modem http://www.ispreview.co.uk/images/news/vm_modem.jpg

dlink 615 http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2141725.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC1.A0.H0.Xdlink+615.TRS0&_nkw=dlink+615&_sacat=0

hope this helps ;)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• Cheers for the reply again m8

That's s lot for my old head to get around I thinks??
    What's haxoware? & DDWRT m8?

Cheers

Haxoware is a custom FW that you can install on certiam modems , this alows you to be able to put the right certs in mac addys into the custom fw modem :)

DDWRT is again a cutom FW that can be installed on many many many routers , giving you more freedom to use router more efficent and better and also removing the bloatware in restrictions given in stock fw

- - - Updated - - -

aLSO CHECK OUT THIS KIT

http://www.banggood.com/Mantis…r-Extender-p-1047706.html

for this price you may aswell try it , i'd use the cat5 as my connection to whats most wanted ;) once yah have picked up the wifi and repeated it
    if you can ;)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• Thanks honcho m8
    I will give that a whirl ;-)
    I did change my router for another I had today... My wifi is a lot better but now my download speed is none existent
    I thinks I'm supposed to be getting 50mg but lucky if it's 30 on the old router?
    Today's speed test = 1mg ??? Yep 1 meg download speed ???
    Me upload was faster at 1.7 ?? What's goin on ???????

I must need to change some setting to fix this ? But what???

Never been my strongpoint messing with routers

Any help again greatly appreciated !!

Cheers

Inspiral

- - - Updated - - -

this is what im getting with the TPlink - TL-WR841N Router i am now using = pathetic

please help if possible guys

- - - Updated - - -

just updated the firmware to latest available? & the download speeds even worse???

• Official Post

Do you also get random drop outs ?? IE you need to reboot and/or renew ip address ?? If so after a long time of fighting with vermin a man will come round and play with the box at the end of the street.....
    As to your current D/load speed is that wifi or cat6 cable ?

• your router is supported by DDWRT

Code
    http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/search.php?mode=results

the link above will give you info on how to install the custom FW to your TPlink ;)

be sure to check your rev of tplink modle to ensure you install the best and correct version of firmware

there is defo something not right with your speeds though , are you using any splitters on the cable network ? if so can you try speedtest without splitters
    and hardwired to if you was wifi before , but you should not be loosing that amount of bandwith !

i always recomend DDWRT when anyone can uttilize it i find it millions times better and more sable than most stock FW out there and offcourse you can access more features with DDWRT
    to

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• Do you also get random drop outs ?? IE you need to reboot and/or renew ip address ?? If so after a long time of fighting with vermin a man will come round and play with the box at the end of the street.....
    As to your current D/load speed is that wifi or cat6 cable ?

The odd occasional dropouts m8 nothing major ? Other than Oscam needing a restart every couple of days on my CS servers
    I use comtrend home plugs not wifi m8, with my PC located in the dinning room & router is in the living room .

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Great stuff m8, I will take a look tomorrow on this as a bit pissed now !!

• hi again Guys
    just got back from a suprise birthday holiday in the sun :good morning1:
    i will take a look Honcho mate at that link you added & let you know how i get on bud

cheers

• lads ive installed the DD-WRT firmware for my model & tried & tried for last 3hrs to configure it for my setup?
    to no avail tho??

my VM-SH2 is in modem mode & has IP address = 192.168.100.1 so i set my new firmware loaded Router as Before to = 192.168.100.2
    but it is not connecting?

i use homeplugs around the house for my 2 other linux receivers away from the Router & my a PC in dining room i use & all connected b4 no problem ( just weak WIFI signals )

Obviously i am not familiar with the settings of the now DD-WRT firmware on this Router, can anyone give me any pointers plz?
    its a -> "TP-link - TL-WR841N"

cheers again

Inspiral

Edited once, last by Inspiral ().

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!