New Dm800 clone

There are 99 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 14,071 times. The last Post () by daftlad.

• Can some one help me please I
    Want to buy a dreambox looking at 800 hd satellite is that right one to buy as there is diff ones around ie cable ect can some one advise me thank u regards Tom

Mate if you want to get a 800 hd then get one as your a novice to dream it will be no harder to learn than any other dreambox and your on the right forum for help when you do get one...... take the plunge you wont be sorry.

• Official Post

Mate if you want to get a 800 hd then get one as your a novice to dream it will be no harder to learn than any other dreambox and your on the right forum for help when you do get one...... take the plunge you wont be sorry.

As the man said, buy the box you want and stick here, we will help you all the way. Many on here will agree with this.

• Thanks to all of u I no it's mite sound like a silly question but are clone dreambox as good as the real thing and does all the software ie patching and flashing use for both weather colne or the real deal thanks by the way to all you guys for all your kind help gripper

• Thanks you guys I thank u all for ur help and support to gripper what equipment do I need for flashing etc and patching got a spider box now not happy with it been after a dream-box for a while now and am going to get one

• Clone and genuine dreamboxes both have good/bad points it boils down to how much you want to spend the software works equally well for the clone and genuine dreams and all you need to flash either box is your browser and your chosen image hope this helps.

• the cooling fan is the only problem with the dm 800 clone you should remove the power from the motherboard!
    all fans will die after a few months!
    and if you put in a harddisk just cool your box with a laptop cooler on usb!
    they can be bought at DealExtreme: Search for usb cooling fan (200 products in 19 categories)
    they ship for free!! (am i aloud to post a link?)

Links are fine as long as they are helpful to the post, not obscene, illegal or to competitors sites.

Vu+ Solo, VIX 1.2 with CCcam2.2.1 - 1.2 Mtr Fibo gregorian, (53E - 58W). A couple of DM800's and a DM500 on a fixed 60cm dish

• Great thread ppl, I've just ordered a 800hd from the same place, nice to see good reports, was a little worried and will be back to ask questions no doubt lol.
    Red.

• Last week I received a bill from DHL for the VAT!
    This is several weeks after the box was delivered.
    VAT=?5.49 + Admin Fee ?10!!!

As a heads up to anyone that gets a bill off DHL, the ?10 admin fee is for businesses. It's ?1.25 for personal.
    So query the bill which you can do online and they reduce it.

• Finally got my tracking number for my dm800 yesterday 2 weeks after purchasing. Im currently tracking it and its just Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONG.

When you guys got your tracking and it began leaving hong kong, you dont happen to know how long it took do you? It's getting delivered to Llanelli south wales, i see dai is an ospreys fan so im guessing you live close to me. Just wondering if i should be expecting it anytime soon as it doesn't give an ETA on DHL.

I just hope i dont get charge silly fees for importing.

Thanks lads

• It got to Bristol about 2 days later xmas eve at 6:30am but it stayed there untill the 30th due to bad weather and xmas break. Its worth the wait good luck.

It cost me ?10 quid havent paid it yet mind.

Mine was marked as repaired tunners.

You got electic down there now ;-)

If its not broke --- fix it anyway.

• They must have charged the ?1.25 admin. God knows how they determine whether to bill for business or personal.

A lady from dhl phone me and I said a friend took them over for repair and that they were for home.

If its not broke --- fix it anyway.

• It got to Bristol about 2 days later xmas eve at 6:30am but it stayed there untill the 30th due to bad weather and xmas break. Its worth the wait good luck.

It cost me ?10 quid havent paid it yet mind.

Mine was marked as repaired tunners.

Thanks for that mate, hopefully i may get it by the end of the week if im lucky. Top man!

• Reading all the above post regarding the clones ive had one for just over two years purchased from a guy in the huddersfield area, it has no fan built in i think it may have been one of the first with boot 69 sim, I have it sitting on a couple of small blocks to get airflow under and i have had no problems really with it, only time it gets warm to hot is on hd chanells , however when not in use put on fta non hd and into standby, Also noted in a previous post it does still work in standby as server,anyway this might have been of interest, so have fun and enjoy your new toys,
    A Dreambox is what it says ,it can be a pleasant dream or a nightmare.
    Daftlad

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!