ferrari card

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,941 times. The last Post () by glenviewjf.

• what's the feeling on ferrari card's? currently they seem to support more recent bootloaders over 2.01.

are the cards different hardware?

To be honest mate, you probably won't get the same answer from two people. I have two DM800 clones and they both have Ferrari sim's, i just bought them because i talked to the seller, and he seemed to be ok, it certainly wasn't because i thought Ferrari sim's were better.

I really don't think there is that much difference between the two sim type's, supposedly the Ferrari sim's are in box upgradeable and sim 2.01 is not, but wether that is true or not, i don't really think anyone knows. So far from what i have seen sim2.01 team has released new ssl's and patches before the Ferrari team and there also seem's to be more people patching images etc for sim 2.01 (RamiMaher/Mfaraj/PRZ). Both teams ssl's support the latest kernel version and drivers etc at the moment, but it will be pretty much certain that Dream Multimedia put fix's in the next versions, so the team's will then have to update their patches etc.
    There seems to be some sort of clone war's going on recently, and the Ferrari team appear to be the instigators, claiming that the sim 2.01 team have been sabotaging the clone forum, so everything sim 2.01 has been banned from there, it used to be a good place before all this nonsense started, and Ferrari took the place over, but now you won't get a truthful answer from anyone there.

If you own a sim 2.01 DM clone, i certainly wouldn't go and buy a Ferrari sim for it, as you won't see any real benefit from your purchase, apart from a hole in your wallet.

P.s. If you buy a Ferrari sim DM800 clone, they don't have a fan in them, as they claim that there hardware runs cooler and you don't need a fan. I can honestly assure you that you still need a fan, and you will have to go and buy one, because they still run mad hot.

• I also have two DM800's with Ferrari inside. Both with HDD and NO FAN!!
    Sure they run warm, not hot but really warm....
    No problems at all. The DM's stay stable and fast. So, no Fan, no noise.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!