FERGUSON 153 combo stuck with "ON" the front display

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,995 times. The last Post () by fiskuss.

• HI People
    I am looking for any information if at all possible.I have bricked my 153 combo its brand new i taught i was backing up the channel list and backup image abs as i often do with my zgemma or openbox but the upgrade menu is slightly different from a openbox there is no straight dump to usb...but whatever i tried to backup didnt work as soon as i turned my box on the front display says "ON" and its a black screen with no signal meaning the hdmi 1 port is just black i changed it to 2 and then back to 1 but nothing is coming up on my tv...i downloaded the latest firmware from the Ferguson website 15072016 V1.31B1 and the EROM UPGRADE TOOL 2.0.1 2009-12-09 .
    I also got a Null Modem Cable RS232 . went through the procedure as explained here in another post .http://linuxsat-support.com/attachme...2&d=1392222869 .
    set my port : to COM 3 cause when i went into device manager i seen prolific usb to serial port was on 3 when i plugged in my usb to rs232 cable then my null cable to 153 combo box, BIT RATE : 115200 , PARITY : EVEN , OPERATE MODE : UPGRADE and i ticked INCLUDE BOOTLOADER....I then browsed for the ferguson firmware file V1.31B1 abs file which was approx 8mb in size and then hit next ( bye the way my stb was switched off at this stage while entering the information into the erom tool ) after hitting next i turned on the box and got a message " synchronising STBs Done
    please reset target
    set stb memory error
    click Back to try again

when i click back and then next without changing any of the settings and leaving the box on i get a message
    synchronising STBs
    please reset target

the box stays on this setting with nothing happening
    if i hit the cancel button at the bottom of the screen it says

Downloading....are you sure you want to cancel

but still nothing happens , nothing downloads , even if i left it there till christmas...

i read on another post to switch the box off and on again to start the flash process but i end up back at the message

synchronising STBs Done
    please reset target
    set stb memory error
    click Back to try again

ps: my head is wrecked any ideas as to what im doing wrong thanks again to anyone who reads this in advance and can either help me or any others to the route of this problem...

• Your problem may be with your usb to rs232 adaptor, they sometimes give mixed results.
    If you can get a pc/laptop with native rs232, it should work.

i read on another post to switch the box off and on again to start the flash process

This is correct but it also may be down to your usb to rs232 adaptor

• Hi, how did you solve this prblem, I have the same with Ariva 103. Strange is, the cable has been working well before,
    Thanks

Diskuss

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!