Enigma2 MainmenuConf Plugin

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,736 times. The last Post () by pcd.

• Attached plugin MainmenuConf can be used to show the main Menu as horizontal icons or as a horizontal animated list.

Tested with openpli and openatv images. Please ask if you need it for other images.

Install the plugin as usual for ipk plugins. The plugin will install a skin Blue-HD and the plugin MainmenuConf.

Method of use :-

1. After plugin is installed - install skin Blue-HD - restart enigma.
    2. Configure mainmenu type in plugin MainmenuConf (horizontal icons, animated or normal vertical list). Save.

Regards, pcd.

• pcd

Hi Pcd,

How busy are you nowadays. I was just looking around the net for a horizontal menu for enigma2 for a future plugin and I remembered this old one you did a few years ago. If you install blue hd skin first and then your plugin, it still seems to stand the test of time without too many crashes (Pressing numbers crash it).

I have had a good look around the source code of this plugin and I get most of what it's doing, but wondered if you fancied a new challenge of writing a new menu component instead of overwriting the original menu.py screen.

I am going to attempt to do something like this myself. But as you seem more skilled than me in this department I thought I would ask you first.

I am thinking something along these lines. These are just ideas off the top of my head. Just thinking out loud.

Vertical Menu (with selected element text and selectionPixmap enlarged)
    <screen name="vertical-menu" ...

<widget name="vertical-menu" .... selectedTextScale="2" vMenuSelectionSize="200,100" vMenuSelectionPixmap="graphic.png" itemHeight="80"

vMenuSelectionPixmap, finds the current coordinates of current selection, then float the new pixmap and label over the top. (center aligned). Or something like that.

Elements are spaced out based on itemheight and cut off accordingly like current menu

a bit like the current sky q menu style.

f82f5b078d29f867.png

Horizontal menu (with selected element text and selectionPixmap enlarged)

<screen name="horizontal-menu" ...

<widget name="horizontal-menu" selectedTextScale="2" numberOfItems="5" hMenuSelectionSize="200,100" hMenuSelectionPixmap="graphic.png" itemHeight="80"

menu items are spaced out based on the number of items.

Grid Menu (with selected element text and selectionPixmap enlarged)

<screen name="grid-menu" ...

<widget name="grid-menu" selectedTextScale="2" numberOfColumns="5" gMenuSelectionSize="200,100" gMenuSelectionPixmap="graphic.png" itemHeight="80"

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• I installed pure2 and had a look at their code. It uses a custom menu.py screen. Then the modules to do the different menu styles are hidden away in a .so file.

So thats no use for a nosey.

I think most examples I have seen of this seem to be very similar coded to your version anyway.

As i said earlier I was hoping to be able to do a custom component for skins without overriding the original menu.py

i.e the component would take the current menu titles, and layout them out depending on the option chosen in the skin code. Like your plugin does but not relying on a plugin.

I looked into this briefly but didn't get very far with it.

By grid, I mean like you get in panel plugins.

d895d1adda37e.png

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Hello KiddaC

I have posted plugin Exodus here :- Enigma2 Plugin Exodus

I have put in skins Iconmain and Gridmain in the plugin and some more (not used or tested yet) in ExtraSkins.py. You can use the skins from any plugin class (see class Exodus for example) by only

changing the start arguments and def okButtonClick in the skins. Please improve these skins as I did not have much time. I will be away for a few days but will give you help when I can.

To use the Gridmain option - go to Config and change thumbpic to 'yes'. Regards.

• master G

Changed the title of the thread from “Enigma2 Plugin MainmenuConf” to “Enigma2 MainmenuConf Plugin”.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!