Ubuntu question+dvb-s2

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 1,468 times. The last Post () by TH3-J0K3R.

• ok so i had some hardware fail so was forced to update my server
    so decided to integrate a dvb-s2 tevii 464 to my sff i just bought
    i was going to install ubuntu 14 or 16 but have noticed that the tevii 464 s2
    has stopped working after UBUNTU 12.04 LTS

something about the driver hanging anyone able to help me install onto 16 or 14

its something to do with v4l-dvb drivers and a older kernal more suited as i can see card in TVH but cant scan nothing :(

there is some stuff online in german but hey my english reading aint that good never mind german lol :)

german ubuntu site below

Code
    https://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic/tevii-s464-dvb-s2-wird-nicht-erkannt/

i have it installed in 16:04 and it tvh sees the card ok but jut cant scan for some reason

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

Edited 5 times, last by Honcho ().

• update ,

when ever i installed Tvh it would cause fatal boot after rebooting system just boot to main screen log in then go blank after cpl mins
    so i reinstalled 16.04 and redone oscam again following the tutorial provided by RIP you know who with the modded script and installing
    manually as shown on page 36,

now i have installed VDR without any re-boot issues cant ind what version tbh and kodi 15.1 final would pref 16.1 but alas i went for stable version as was trying to single out the reboot fail
    issue , now my issue is that cant seem to be able to change the channels.conf manually or even scan on 28.2 to generate a new one either , snd off cousre not be able to pick up the dvb-s2 card to watch live tv

would pref to use VDR as its easiest to sort chan list on , use TVH on my wetek but obv just update my list via plug in and then exsport the E2 list via wetek app easily enough but for ubuntu i pdnt think there is a autu update cron job anymore so vdr can use the online E2 to VDR config and and cpl edits sorted,

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• master G

Added the Label DVB Linux Support

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!