Aligning LNBs on a Triax Multi-Block to recieve Thor, Astra and Eutelsat 16A (16E)

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,099 times. The last Post () by Prophet.

• Hi,

I recently bought a Triax TD88 sattelite dish and a Triax multi-block LNB holder to hold 4 LNBs.

I live in Denmark (Otterup) and am trying to recieve sattelite channels from Thor, Astra and Eutelsat 16A.

The azimuth is set to 26,5 degrees.

Reciever: Vu+ Solo2

I manged to get a signal strength of 88% on Astra (middle LNB), however I cant get anything on Eutelsat 16A, which is the most important sattelite for me.
    Did not try Thor yet, but I dont imagine it will be a problem.

Here is the setup:

3f5d5deccfa99.jpg2f000dc8f0.jpg

Notice how the holder is tilted to the left. On Astra I get a better signal like this, compared to when it is straight, or tilted to the right.

The question is how far to the right I should place the left LNB, in order to get a signal on Eutelsat? There is a difference in 11 degrees, how many cm is that approximately?

The transponder I am using is:

10720.00 H DVB-S 27500 3/4

I got a signal strenght of 60% on Eutelsat with another sattelite and a single LNB. Finding it was a matter of millimeters, so I am wondering if it is even possible to recieve these sattelites at the same time, with my setup.

Thanks in advance

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!