enigmalight, ambilight

There are 18 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,661 times. The last Post () by pauldb.

• ok theres very little info regards using the enigmalight plugin

but going around the net and making a few mistakes, heres what i have got up to

64c2776a274a6fed464a8dc3b.jpgcd1fd7e17596d3b35fcb82d0.jpg

this is a test script i use to test the light

so what did i get

ws2812b 5m 150leds, 5v
    a 5v 6a ac/dc convertor
    a arduino uno (make sure correct one with the usb controller,the chinese clones use a different one,may or may not work)

cost 25 quid,

just got to get it to work once i do ill post all the files needed,

if any one has done this please comment

- - - Updated - - -

this is the arduino connected to the led strip

143883827f97bc7.jpg

• ok managed to get it working on the pc with a program called prismatic on the pc and a script as well ,so lights and arduino working great, problem is the alien2

i believe now it can only be used on mips machines only, so i wait for a mips machine to test

the other problem i found was the baud rate, had to switch between 2, one to install software and another to run the lights,

and a bit of a stupid error, didnt ground the arduino even though i saw it, made all the differerance

• ive had this working for a couple of years now using the older boblight plugin. the enigmalight plugin for me works just by renaming the config file. (but i prefer boblight)
    i use the arduino uno + 50 leds + psu and a vu solo2. it works perfect and has done for few years now...i use it for films and some colourfull programms like strictly. a good kinda guide for making up etc.. http://www.tweaking4all.com/ho…t-openelec-ws2811-ws2812/

• settings iv used on enigmalight

9b2c519a8fef37b46ba901.jpg
    948884936b92f69d3b.jpg
    15f92824b145dde0dc4893.jpg

used a combination of setting and found these best for me

- - - Updated - - -

Arduino:

1. install the Arduino software on your computer

2. import Library to the software neo pixel

3. open sketch and edit the number of the LEDs you have mounted.

4. If you want, you can change the Data Pin and the color order. set to 6

5. You should protect the DATA input of the LED-Stripes with a 300 OHM resistor optional,, i havent used this

6. program now the arduino

Enigmalight:

1. install "enigma2-plugin-extensions-enigmalight_0.2-rc1_all".ipk" on your linux box. (Attention, sometimes the first installation is broken, install it a second time again)

2. reboot the box

3. open the Plugin and switch to the "ConfigEditor". Use the pattern "Adalight" and search for the output "/dev/ttyACM0".

enter now the number of the LEDs to the sites (right,left,top,bottom). Picture depth from 10 is OK i used 5 but test what is best for you. Now you must define the "startpoint" of the LEDs and the count direction.

Best is, you begin in a corner, so Enigmlight has in moment a bug if you begin in the bottom middle. Color order must "RGB".

Now save your config with the green button.

4. open the enigmalight configfile (/etc/enigmalight.conf) in a linux editor. Edit the "prefix" to 53 74 65 66 61 6E . This value is always fix., with out this lights wont start

now test with the settings above this is where a lot ot testing is done to get colours right,use the setting above for a starting point

• ive had this working for a couple of years now using the older boblight plugin. the enigmalight plugin for me works just by renaming the config file. (but i prefer boblight)
    i use the arduino uno + 50 leds + psu and a vu solo2. it works perfect and has done for few years now...i use it for films and some colourfull programms like strictly. a good kinda guide for making up etc.. http://www.tweaking4all.com/ho…t-openelec-ws2811-ws2812/

can i ask what sketch you have used, i can get the enigmalight working but not boblight,would like to try boblight as ther is a android app that can be used with it

• i have both enigma light and boblight working on same img.. i think i had to change just the setting (device output) to find the usb.
    if u have it working thro enigmalight then the arduino script is correct

• thats what i cant understand the enigmalight is set to /dev/ttyACM0 ,are you saying config should be usb,any chance you can post your config for boblight,

must be something simple either special code or port speed,would like to try boblight just for the android app

• thanks the only differance is the device rate, so ill try that

- - - Updated - - -

ok not having much luck with this, maybe just a zgemma thing, just cant get boblight to work but enigmalight does,thanks for all your help though m8

Is this project still worth doing/worth it/ dead in tbe water?

• i had it working on the zgemma, upgraded to a new tv and mutant and my power supply went, never replaced it, so never tried on the mutant, but there is some new goovee lights out that use a camera,so basically anything it sees on tv works

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!