How to change the default ssh port on solo4k

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 2,236 times. The last Post () by flemlion.

• Hello guys,

Yesterday i opened the ssh,streamproxy,transtreamproxy ports to manage and stream. from my modem router i saw much unwanted visitors trying to connect to my solo4k receiver "bh 3.0.2h" via ssh and OpenWebIf content. I decided to change the default ports to reduce these attacks.
    everything is ok till i tried to modify the default ssh port from 22 to 2222.
    which I passed 4 hours on forums...google searching how to modify it.

Finally, if you want changing the default ssh port just add following line on /etc/default/dropbear file then reboot your receiver.
    DROPBEAR_PORT=2222

Regards
    Makikou

• If it's only the port that is visible on the internet you want to change, you can change the port forward on most routers.
    There's no need for the internet visible port to be the same as the internal one.

You can let you internet router forward external port 1234 to you solo4k port 22 for example

• master G

Added the Label Article

VU+ SOLO 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!