Another 0.8.1 problem on ATV 5.3

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,175 times. The last Post () by canthackit.

• Hello
    i installed ATV 6.0 didn't like it so gone back the bosses modded 5.3, from memory i thought that crossepg came preinstlled but it nowhere to be seen, so i'm wrong there.
    no problem i thought, I downloaded the linuxsat panel and installed crossepg 0.8.1 now all i keep getting is an error message when trying to update the rytec providers "cannot retrieve rytec sources"
    i've uninstalled it an tried earlier versions of crossepg I get the same error with them, I never had the problem with the earlier install and none before that.
    anyone got any idea waht's going on?
    just to add i've even installed the 0.8.1 ipk manually still get the same error.

regards: canthackit

• Try xtmltv importer its not as familiar but itll do the job for vix customers :)

Hello mate
    but i'm not on VIX i'm on ATV 5.3

- - - Updated - - -

found another thread on the subject.
    so i've installed the 2 suggested files rytec.update.py and rytec.update.pyo.
    still aint worked.

- - - Updated - - -

at last it's took bloody hours.
    for a start been using a windows lappie, whereas i usually use a mac.
    so i've just gone through the whole procedure loaded the 2 updated files on the mac and idreamx, rebooted now crossepg is working normally.

regards: canthackit

- - - Updated - - -

Nope didn't work after all.
    just goes to loading then back to save, which i doesn't do
    i give up on this image and crossepg, going back to BH 0.6 or 3.0.2

• you cant use cross epg go into plugins and download epg inporter once done go to menu settings epg then first of all go so settings at the bottom and make sure you save to hdd not flash then come out of it back to the top epg inport and enable the time to download ect in sourses tick the ones you want and save now press manual button it will download for the first time then update every night

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!