Updating KodiLite Addons and General Coding Matters

There are 163 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 22,830 times. The last Post () by pcd.

• Hi Friends,

Some of you have shown interest in what makes a KodiLite addon work and also want to help with adapting and updating.
    I have therefore started this thread where we can discuss coding matters.
    For someone with python experience - it will be quite simple.
    But others with little or no coding experience are also welcome to join in.

The main KodiLite plugin is a very simple replica of Kodi for enigma2.

The basic method is that KodiLite first sends a python command to the default.py of the addon.
    Inside the addon - default.py does some calculations either by itself or using other parts of the addon.
    The results of the calculations are then output to print statements. KodiLite main plugin then reads
    these outputs and takes action. The action may be to show a video or to send another python command to the addon default.py.
    It is as simple as that.

For those not familiar with python command - I attach a python script Demo.py.
    Unzip and put it in folder /tmp. Then give the console command :-

python /tmp/Demo.py 2 6

The reply will be the multiplication result 12. You can put in any other two integers to test.
    Please look in the text of Demo.py. The python command executes each line from the top.

I also attach a small addon which tests an iptv link of a Turkish childrens' channel.
    Please test it and look into the code. I attach the e.log from my test which shows the python commands used.

I look forward to your comments.

Regards, pcd.

• Hello Nitro123,

Thank you for your pm offering to help with updates. We will do this with actual examples.

Please find the latest version of Kodi addon plugin.video.raitv (perhaps using google). Then run it with KodiLite. If there is error - post the error.log.

• Hello Nitro123,

Thank you for your pm offering to help with updates. We will do this with actual examples.

Please find the latest version of Kodi addon plugin.video.raitv (perhaps using google). Then run it with KodiLite. If there is error - post the error.log.

How do I know which is the latest version of the addon I wrote in google plugin.video.raitv and there's so many versions.

• If I understood right then Kodilite it's basically a plugin that allows you to run some converted Kodi addons without running the official Kodi UI. Is that right?

I assume that this would use way less system resources than running the real Kodi, isn't?

• If I understood right then Kodilite it's basically a plugin that allows you to run some converted Kodi addons without running the official Kodi UI. Is that right?

I assume that this would use way less system resources than running the real Kodi, isn't?

Yes. But also the official Kodi cannot be installed in most set top boxes using enigma2.
    Furthermore, many Kodi addons stop working and need updating. If requested we will, if possible, update them for KodiLite.

Edited 2 times, last by pcd ().

• Ok I installed kodi to my pc and download raitv the version 2.0.0 and worked perfectly on pc.

When trying to play on box get a error.

The error says xbmc not found. xbmc.py, xbmcaddon.py, xbmcgui.py and xbmcplugin.py are in /scripts/script.module.main. They are the files through which the addon passes its reply to the plugin(KodiLite). The addon cannot see these files ( or any script module) until the usual top lines are added to the addon. So - please look in the old plugin.video.raitv default.py and copy the top lines from :-

import sys, xpath, xbmc

to

print "Here in default-py sys.argv B=", sys.argv

and put them in any addon you test in default.py below any lines starting with # like :-

# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

Then test again.

xpath.py makes the script modules visible to the addon.

• Yes got raitv addon working after doing this default.py thing.

Thax PCD

Edited 2 times, last by Nitro123 ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!