Saving a timeshift recording?

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,458 times. The last Post () by Prioryman.

• Is it possible to save a timeshift recording?

Basically, if you have timeshift running (which records the channel in the background incase you want to pause or rewind) and see something you want to save for later, is it possible to save it so it doesn't get removed when you change channel?

• Yes press the red button and a menu will pop up and allow you to save current time shift.

Works on my VU+ Duo

Kindest regards, Prioryman

Let your interests be as wide as possible, and let your reactions to the things and persons that interest you, be as far as possible friendly rather than hostile.

• Cheers, I dont get that when I press red.
    I am running a permanent timeshift plugin, maybe that is stopping the red button. I'll have a go with it disabled.

• Strange, I'm using the newest Blackhole image for the VU+ - and the permanent timeshift plugin. Pressing the red button should give you 7 choices

regards

Let your interests be as wide as possible, and let your reactions to the things and persons that interest you, be as far as possible friendly rather than hostile.

• Sorry my mistake - the red dot - bottom of remote next to tv button

• Ok lets start from:

What box are you using

What image are you using

• The only box I have not played with. As however it's software driven and you are using the same image there should be a button to press.

I guess it's a case of pressing ever button until you find something

Sorry cannot be of any more help

• No problem. Cheers anyway.

Can you press that button at anytime and it'll ask if you want to save what's been recorded? Or do you have to pause first?

• No problem. Cheers anyway.

Can you press that button at anytime and it'll ask if you want to save what's been recorded? Or do you have to pause first?

Yes I can press it anytime and I do not have to pause. I have time paused for 90 minutes ( forgot ) then came back to TV and saved the 90 minutes whilst it was still paused in timeshifting

I have a mate calling next week with his new clone DM800 to set up for him, so I will have a good play and get back here if I find out how....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!