Motor question

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,338 times. The last Post () by scouse645.

• I have noticed lately that when i send the dish to another sat it takes longer than usual to lock on to it, my long and lat are fine and the dish alignment is ok, i have had the motor about five years, it's a dark motor, could the motor be on it's way out? forgot to ask if it is the dish any recommendations.

• Does the dish travelling time take longer to get to desired sat ? if so maybe it is the motor if the dish seems to travel ok then maybe check your LNB, is your dish alignment till ok so your signal is strong.

just a thought :)

Vu Solo 4K Running OpenBlackhole 5.1

MultiSat

Panasonic 55" 4k OLED Model TX-55902B

• after 5 years the chances are the motor is on its way out, you done well getting that long mine lasted about 3 years before it started slowing down till it eventually stopped.
    I moved to a 8 port diseq switch best thing i ever done

110cm Triax Dish multi arm 13,16,19, 23, 28 east fixed 90cm thor

• After installing a new motor and lmb i'm still having the same problems, which is it's not locking onto the channel quick enough, compared to what it used to be, for instance sats close together are ok but if i go from 19.2 to 0.8 it takes a while to lock on the channel, just to add the long and lat are fine, the same as i have always used, anyone think of anything i'm missing?

• Depending on which image you use,,

go to tuner configuration -> (in my case OPENPLI on a DUO2) ->scroll to bottom of list-> extra motor options-> YES

->horizontal turning speed: 2.3º ps

vertical turning speed : 1.7º ps

turning step size. 0.360º

worth a look bud...

• I have the same problem, wow really strange seeing this thread

I thought it could be cam related so i installed NCAM 1.1 today on my Mutant HD51 (tried gcam but could not get it to work or oscamemu 11384) on OpenATV 6.0

Previously i had been using oscamemu 11365

it usually takes around 45 secs to lock onto the channel if i change sat ie 0.8 to 30w

Once it locks the sat everything is fine

I have found a work around, I just select for example BBC One then quickly jump to BBC Two and it locks instantly

It only started happening about 8 weeks ago, what got me thinking it could be cam related is the GCAM thread where posters are stating channel switching is instant

Anyhows i purchased a new LNB this week (trying everything to work it out atm), its a very good LNB for the money: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1724…geName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• hi there anybody help have 2200 hh motor some reason move s ok lights up green but I add lnb wire to under motor goes I have tried some wire lnb ands still same has this motor 7years is time for new one doing my nut in lol

• Being as i started this thread i thought i would tell how it was sorted, i changed my sat receiver from a mutant 2400 to a vu duo2, locks onto channels straight away when changing sats, the setup is exactly the same as before, problem gone:)

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!