NAGRA to target IPTV piracy

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,367 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Official Post

While reasonably effective satellite and cable TV anti-piracy systems do exist, these are being entirely circumvented by pirate content delivered over the Internet. No surprise then that conditional access companies such as NAGRA are spreading their wings, targeting illegal IPTV and third-party Kodi addons.

Since their very inception, satellite and cable TV systems have been vulnerable to those who enjoy watching content but prefer not to pay.

Many ‘solutions’ have been developed to offer consumers the chance to watch premium content for free, or close to it, via the use of modified receivers, replacement or hacked smart cards, or more recently so-called ‘card sharing‘ arrangements.

In response, so-called conditional access companies have developed advanced systems to ensure that viewers are also subscribers. One of the more successful is Nagravision (NAGRA), a system that is deployed in set-top boxes around the world.

But while NAGRA in this particular form can go some way towards protecting content delivered through proprietary devices, it can be bypassed by content delivered over the Internet, such as via streaming sites, augmented Kodi setups, and illegal IPTV services.

To that end, NAGRA and the International Broadcaster Coalition Against Piracy (IBCAP) have announced an expanded agreement “to bring a new generation of anti-piracy technology and services” to broadcasters and distributors of international and multicultural content.

“Developing automated, state-of-the-art tools to detect unauthorized streaming – especially on increasingly popular IPTV set-top boxes and Kodi add-ons – helps ensure we can take swift and decisive action against pirates and maintain the value of the services offered to IBCAP members,” says Frederic Guitard, Vice President Media Security Services for NAGRA.

IBCAP and NAGRA have been working together since 2014, and the expansion of the agreement was welcomed by Chris Kuelling, Executive Director of IBCAP.

“The expansion of our agreement with NAGRA will help us leverage the latest technologies and expertise in content protection and anti-piracy with the aim of putting pirates out of business and replacing them with legitimate providers,” he said.

NAGRA says it will establish a lab to monitor and detect unauthorized use of content via set-top boxes, websites and other streaming platforms. The company says it will target both linear feeds and VOD content, and take action to have that content removed.

It will also take steps to identify people selling pirate services (such as Kodi boxes augmented with infringing addons and unlicensed IPTV resellers) with an aim to either educate or gather evidence for future lawsuits.

The latter option could prove quite expensive. According to figures provided by IBCAP, since 2014 the group has obtained judgments or settlements against IPTV box manufacturers, providers, and retailers in excess of $100 million.

“ISP’s, CDN’s, and domain name providers have complied with court orders and unauthorized IPTV services have been disrupted or shut down entirely,” the group says.

Crackdowns on IPTV and Kodi box suppliers are becoming increasingly commonplace, particularly in Europe. Action by the Premier League and Spanish authorities shut down a large IPTV supplier last year and fresh action against a pair of IPTV affiliated ISPs was announced just last week by Europol.

Source : https://torrentfreak.com/nagra…g-addons-and-iptv-170411/

• the game of cat n mouse runs on as always , and mac / ip all in play i notice that KODI DO NOT THINK THIS IS PERSONAL INFO/DATA look at KODI17.1 theres a section in setting that tells you know changes from 14 helix now biting in and beginning to show why there was big fall out within that group before changes came :)

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• Official Post

yes

would you know which folder to ftp the iptv it's a M3u file ?

Install this Plugin m2b

FTP the .m3u file you received to /tmp folder

Start the plugin

Scroll left or right to select the .m3u file

Select type as Gstreamer

Press Green button to convert

Red button / close

Go to your bouquets and scroll to the bottom of the list

Your converted .m3u / iptv bouquet will be there

If there is nothing listed inside the bouquet start the plugin again

Change type to livestreamer/hls and convert again

• Thanks master G I will try this plugin once I have received the iptv details from my provider.

I will try this plugin once I have received the iptv details from my provider.

I got the iptv server working but it kept buffering.

Where/how did you find your provider?

Are they on here?

Did you take out 6 months or 12 months¿?

Ask your provider why it is buffering....

Why did you hijack somebody else´s thread¿?

• where did I hijack someone else's thread from I don't have no idea?

• Oh damn posted thread in wrong place again.

You can remove my posts if you want.

Where/how did you find your provider?

Are they on here?

Did you take out 6 months or 12 months¿?

I bought server from eBay

I can give u the item number if you want to see add?

12 mouths iptv server.

Edited 2 times, last by Nitro123 ().

• Take a peek at the rules again bud.....

<2> If you are the supporter of a Pay Server DO NOT ask for support, your request will be ignored and you may be banned.

So for the next while DO NOT ASK FOR ANY SUPPORT, Do your own homework.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!