CI+ Helper Plugin for OpenATV

There are 94 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 98,556 times. The last Post () by PaPs1.

• same content different version names 4.0-4.1-4.2-4.3-4.4 for gigabq4k

really kidding

old cihelper.bin 33kb in ver.4.4 (12,2016)

new cihelper.bin 36kb in ver.4.3 (5.2017)

and no such a directory usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\SystemPlugins\Ciplushelper or like that.

I think ur copy/paster and adding .ipk.change nothing.then why we install new! ipk any1 knows.

• I have a question about this plugin. I use OpenPLi and have an old ciplushelper v1.1 (which was a version before there were ARM boxes) that works great on OpenPLi on my HD2400. Newer versions won't install as they depend on the Boxbranding module which OpenPli doesn't use in their images (they have a policy of keeping the code as clean as possible and not put in too much extra stuff that isn't really required). As I understand from this post (posting 228) the boxbranding is called upon to decide if the processor is mipsel or ARM so it can install the appropriate files.

Now my question is why call upon the boxbranding module as the type of processor can also be obtained from the OS itself? It then needn't use boxbranding and would also install (and probably work because v1.1 does also work) on OpenPLi. It could be that I'm thinking too simple and boxbranding is also needed for other things, if so please let me know (I'm not a programmer but just a simple user). But I can also understand OpenPLi being not to keen to add boxbranding when they themselves have no further need for it in their image (and would only add code).

In short: Wouldn't it be possible to retrieve the boxtype/CPU architecture from the OS so this plugin doesn't need calling upon boxbranding? This way it would work on both oe based images as well as OpenPLi.

• Official Post

To answer your question simply there is no supporting DVB drivers in OpenPli and no hacked SSL sertificate the boxbranding is just to

identify that you use a box and image that contains those 2 illegal elements ;)

• I could be mistaking off course, but if I understand it correctly the DVB drivers are provided by the manufacturer and therefore the same ones are used in all images, and the needed certificate isn't included in the images (for legal reasons) and therefore provided by, and placed in the box, by the plugin (otherwise why would version 1.1 work on OpenPLi without any adaptation)?

• Official Post

You are right that drivers are provided by manufactor. There was though a loophole on the first set of drivers that should have been closed but

some of them where open so therfor Image builders could add there own hacked drivers. What CI+ helper does is to exploit this loophole.

But lately CI+ has been warning image makers that they will take legal action if they dont replace those first drivers.

So Team Blackhole and Open Pli has removed them from later image builds. But older recivers like Vu+ Solo2

still have access to older build images and therefor it can work for some and newer recivers like Vu+Uno4Kse dont have

older images so therfor it want work on those recivers.

And older images really dont need CI+ Helper they work with CI+ mudules as they are and then you have images like OpenATV who

Hade CI+ helper in the core build to support as many system as possible.

So until someone smartguy can hack the drivers for Arm recivers there will be no CI+ working in OpenPli 4K

• Thank you for taking the time to enlighten me on the matter.

However you stated the drivers with a loophole have been replaced by OpenPLi (and images with the loophole don't need the plugin). I currently use OpenPLi 6.1 (build 26-2-2018) which contains a DVB driver dated 27-4-2017 on a Mut@nt HD2400. A CI+ module won't work on it when having a fresh OpenPLi install (it then gives a message that the module is not supported). But... when I install the ciplushelper v1.1 (and do nothing else) suddenly the CI+ module does work and decrypt the channels.

As for the ARM support, it is my understanding that the current ciplushelper 4.4 also supports ARM devices. If I download the ipk and extract it using 7-zip I see ARM containing boxes in it.

It would also seem that because of the CI+ consortium's warnings images that had CI+ support build in the code (like ATV) have removed it. These images now also need the plugin to add the necessary CI+ support code and certificates.

It is in the interest of both the manufacturers as the image builders for their boxes be able to use CI+. Although they can't officially provide it (due to legal reasons) I don't think they will try to block any workarounds. I wouldn't be surprised if in the background they are even cooperating in helping the plugin developers with advice how to support their boxes. This way they aren't providing anything illegal while (after some user action) their boxes can be made to use CI+.

• Official Post

You have many good points but still there have to be the old drivers for CI+ to work and in the first release from Vu+ to 4K recivers those drivers where there. Like BlackHole they have removed them now in the latest build and also removed older Images from there servers.

With this in mind i dont now how other image builders go forward. But the PLI team have public stated that they are not interested in support of

CI+ in any way even if there where closed legal drivers to add to there image. They belive in 100% open source and for that we have to respect them.

There is support for some 4K recivers but then they have to use the old drivers. With new drivers the Plugin is blocked out.

• Thank you for all the clarifications. If CI+ can't be used on enigma2 boxes the manufacturers will loose a lot of customers (as more and more providers only provide CI+ modules). I would suspect the manufacturers wouldn't like this and would probably embrace a possibility for it in the grey circuit.

We'll just have to see what the future brings then, fortunately my smartcards can still be used in OScam so I don't need it (for now).

• Official Post

Its for those who have a common interface module and a subscription card and want to use that in the enigma2 based reciver like Dreambox, Vu+ and others. Since CI+ module is a cardparing system its need a certified device to be used. CI+ helper emulate that so you can use it on non certified devices.

• hi there,

how to use this plugin?

i have installed it, and i dont find where or how to setting it, to work with my viewing card.

• Hi,

Does it work with OpenPli? I tried it with my Xtrend ET8000 under openpli 6.1 and I was able to run the ciplushelper binary. Unfortunately I don't have CI+ CAM at the moment, so I can't test it.

Does it require any custom enigma2 changes (like /tmp/.listen.ciplus.socket support)?

Does it have any debug logs where I can check if it works or not?

Thanks,

• Official Post

No there is no CI+ helper for PLI and the official statment from OpenPli is that no images will be devolped to work with CI+ or any other

CommonInterface. Of cause there can be some individual who makes a plugin in the future but there are drivers missing and other stuff

that CI+ is depended on that no longer is in OpenPli

They state that CommonInterface is old way and softcam is the new so they work only with softcam devolpment support.

• No there is no CI+ helper for PLI and the official statment from OpenPli is that no images will be devolped to work with CI+ or any other

CommonInterface. Of cause there can be some individual who makes a plugin in the future but there are drivers missing and other stuff

that CI+ is depended on that no longer is in OpenPli

They state that CommonInterface is old way and softcam is the new so they work only with softcam devolpment support.

Hi,

I have checked OpenPlit source and it has the "add ciplushelper interface" commit. I know officially it's unsupported, but if you know what is missing I can compile a private build for me.

Do you know what drivers are missing (especially I'm interested for Xtrend ET8000)? Most of the drivers came with the closed source dvb.ko from the vendor and this is the same in other enigma2 products.

Thanks,

• Official Post

I am not familier with that reciver but if its the same driver for all enigma2 then just extract it from OpenBlackhole 4.1.001 image

that have the driver from version 1.0 CI+ that works without any helper and since OpenBlackhole is a project betwen Team BlackHole and OpenPli

this is the driver you need

But be aware dont share any driver in public they are licens and you can get serious legal issus ;)

• I am not familier with that reciver but if its the same driver for all enigma2 then just extract it from OpenBlackhole 4.1.001 image

that have the driver from version 1.0 CI+ that works without any helper and since OpenBlackhole is a project betwen Team BlackHole and OpenPli

this is the driver you need

But be aware dont share any driver in public they are licens and you can get serious legal issus ;)

Hi,

Unfortunately I can't find OpenBlackhole 4.1.001 image for Xtrend ET8000 :(

• Official Post

Update Version 4.5

from Images Version 31.3.2018

GB all models now on Universal CI +

• thanks to these plugins my CI module decodes multiple channels for recording ??

when I install the plug-in then we do not work anymore - all programs have a black screen, only a few programs sound.

how would I make the plugin work?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!