Slyk Onyk Support

• Hi KiddaC. Been using your onyx skin for sometime and think it's great. Recently updated to the 1080 version and tried the movieplanner mod on openvix 5.1 build 24

PY files copied (box goes into a boot loop if I do nothing else prior to a reboot)

If I copy them then go into the planner settings it compiles / creates the pyo versiona.

However I see no option in the planner settings to use or select this extended list ..

Am I missing something.

Cheers

• reboot your gui after copying across. I dont use vix bit i know many that do and use this mod. I think i would have been informed by now if it was broken. I am not saying it isn't broken ;). Full instructions are in my dropbox on how and where to change it.

I am sure one of the 1080 vix lads will post to say whether its working or not. I know the 1080 openatv definitely is as i installed it this week on a fresh build.

Please login to see this link.

** If you like my work, please click the like button. It may mean nothing to you, but it means a lot to me. **

The post was edited 1 time, last by KiddaC ().

• Thanks for the quick reply KiddaC. I have tried numerous times now on my et10000 / 5.1.024 openvix. Basically the PY files don't compile on reboot or restart of GUI on mine :( so the box never completely comes back to life after a reboot. It stays at the splash screen and the LCD screen states booting.. renaming the -old.pyo files and reboot is my only way back in.

• I am sure one of the 1080 vix lads will post to say whether its working or not. I know the 1080 openatv definitely is as i installed it this week on a fresh build.

Movie Planner mod works fine for me in the 1080 skin, OpenVIX 5.1.024 on Mut@nt HD2400. I did experience the same boot issue once, but since I did a USB flash and settings restore, it's been perfect.

• Not to take over any support from KiddaC here. But when an python.py file dont get compiled in OpenVix it means that something is wrong in that file

or in the skingui.pyo. BlackHole and OpenVix never complete the compilation of .py files if there is an issu.

When downloading the Moviplanner mod by right click and save link as, you get an txt file not an complete .py file

So you need to open file and remove all text and save as .py

Or you can open the file in the browser and copy the content an paste in to an txt file that you save as .py

Both BlackHole and OpenVix are very picky when it comes to .py files that they have the right format to be compiled in to .pyo files

I have taken the liberty to attached the 2 files for his MoviePlanner here so you can test them.

If i step over the line here KiddaC just delet my post :)

• Hi Seagen,

Fantastic you were spot on, right click and save gets you a file full of html code. (and each nearly 300kb in size)

opening in the browser demonstrates just how malformed the original downloaded .py's were !

Opening the files within the browser / clicking download / direct download and the "open with notepad (or wordpad) then saving the file from there (Taking off the appended .txt extension..) and voila

All compiled / rebooted and working as described. Thank you so much for your time replying and saving my sanity.:thumbup:

• i really don't understand where you are getting a right click from.

The files are in my dropbox. You just need to click the download button????

Please login to see this attachment.

** If you like my work, please click the like button. It may mean nothing to you, but it means a lot to me. **

The post was edited 3 times, last by KiddaC ().

• Hi KiddaC basically I was a rookie on this occasion and did not initially use the dropbox download button / I merely right clicked on the file name itself and used the save as option in the browser. Doh.

Annoyingly it looked like it had worked . Lesson learnt.

Cheers for the great work / movieplanner mod was worth the hassle .

• Ha ha ha there you see KiddaC never let an old guy open his mouth before he learns to read ;)

I am so sorry have never notice that button i am so sorry :) i will do better in the future i promise you my friend