Wetek play update

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,341 times. The last Post () by Compo.

• If you are running android on your box Wetek stopped updating the play 1 android side months ago android version 4.2.2 was the last I think. Kodi 17 requires much newer version of android than the Wetek runs. I would run SPMC it performs better and is at version 16.6 as far as I know. Downside is the launcher for kodi on the custom bar will not launch SPMC so just add spmc to home screen. If you want to use kodi 17 download libreelec for wetek play sdcard version and run from card.

• Latest version is 8.01 I think, runs ok on mine. Just need fast sdcard class 10 formatted as fat 32, download the img.gz file for wetek play from libreelec site, extract it and burn to your sdcard. For burning I use free program called Etcher it is lightweight runs on linux windows etc and is easy to use and I have never had a failed burn using it

• Thanks compo, how do I go about getting android in nand.?

What You will need:

1. Micro SD

2. recovery.img and factory_update_param.aml file

3. WeTek Play Android Firmware .zip file

File preparation:

After downloading WeTek OS Firmware .zip file, copy it together with recovery.img and factory_update_param.aml to Micro SD card.

Keep in mind that you will need to edit factory_update_param.aml to match exact name of WeTek OS Firmware .zip file.

For example, if WeTek OS Firmware .zip file have name DB-J483-wetek-ota-2015-03-11_15-37-22.zip , your factory_update_param.aml will have this content:

Code
    --wipe_cache
    --wipe_media
    --wipe_data
    --update_package=/udisk/DB-J483-wetek-ota-2015-03-11_15-37-22.zip

After you successfully edit factory_update_param.aml , please turn off your WeTek Play, insert MicroSD in WeTek Play, and watch this Video:

WeTek Play - How to manually update WeTek Play Android software

http://img.youtube.com/vi/USTCmnM-7KE/0.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!