Dsayers Picon Updater

There are 34 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 10,622 times. The last Post () by dsayers.

• Dsayers Picons Updater 0.2

Plugin to download and run scripts to download Ocrams light on transparent picons from my github branch and places them in hdd (100x60 picons) and hdd/SkyQ (220x132 picons) folders

This plugin has the options for SNP or SRP Picons

Download IPK from here:

Code
    https://github.com/davesayers2014/Picon/blob/master/enigma2-plugin-extensions-dsayers-piconupdater_0.2_all.ipk?raw=true

################################################################################################################################

Please note this plugins download picons to media/hdd so you need to make sure your storage device is mounted correctly as media/hdd or it will fail to run the script please see the sub forum for your box/image for setting up mounts.

################################################################################################################################

Ftp the ipk to tmp

To install the ipk

Telnet command

opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/*.ipk

Installing via the box

Openatv

Menu... setup... software management... install local extension memory/tmp Press ok on the package press green to install.

OpenVIX

Menu > setup > VIX > Iplkg install or install local extentions then ipk installer memory/tmp Press ok on the package press green to install.

Reboot box.

######################################################################################################################

Goto plugins, Dsayer Picon Updater

You should now have the option to run SRP_Picon_Updater or SRP_Picon_Updater

127ffc0becc093c860.jpg

This should mean that you can have both standard picons (100x60) for most skins and large picons for skins that support XPicons ie SlykQ, SkyQ, Slyk Onyx plus more

You can still use this for standard skins that use 100x60 picons then you can delete the SkyQ folder or leave it on as it wont do any harm being there.

These plugins will download light on transparent picons as its the most natural colour to suite most skins

As this is still early days and beta we may see bugs etc so always make sure you have a full backup of your box see your box/image section for creating a backup

Screen shots

SNP Picon Updater

edb11e53d0e31c49b9.jpg

SRP Picon Updater

5f08e1d731f9.jpg

Edited 3 times, last by dsayers ().

• nice one was about to ask you about this

can i ask why hd though,iv found picons on hd sometimes slow box down as its accessing the drive to get the picons ,unless someone has a better answer to the picons on hd verses flash??

Not all boxes can handle the memory in root especially with large picons so ive just done it for hdd then it should work for most enigma2 boxes.

• Hi,

I'm wondering about Paul's point - is there any way you could point the move location to a USB pen drive, rather than HDD. I use one mounted in SDC1 and I have my EPG stored there and my time shift.

I have stored picons there before which is handy as when you flash a new image you keep your picons.

Is this possible?

• Not sure what you mean keep them after reflash your picons will still be on hdd and you'll still keep them as long as you don't re initialize your hdd.

Paul was on about having them on internal flash so a reflash will loose them.

Not everyone has both usb and hard drives attached so if they only have a usb it's normally mounted as hdd.

• Hi,

Thanks for reply. I've never liked keeping my picons on HDD as the drive has to stay awake and spinning all the time.

If in USB pen drive, there's no moving parts, cheaper to replace than HDD and also quicker to access as they are solid state.

Is there a way I can amend your code to point to SDC1 or even flash drive, which is where I keep mine at the mo.

• Ok try the attached scripts one to move to usb the other to move to root with the root script I have only added standard picons as I think having both in flash is not A good idea as large picons are big in memory. If your usb isn't mounted as usb just change lines 3 and 6 in the move_picons_to_usb.sh

Ftp the chosen script to usr/script on openatv and user/script on vix check the propertys are 644 or 755

Run the chosen script manually after running the piocon updater

To run the script OpenATV Menu > infopanel > plugins > Jobmanager

OpenVIX Menu > setup > vix > script-runner

• Hey D,

Why is there a '-f' before the mv command in that script?

I'm looking st changing it slightly - to move to USB, but don't understand the -f?

Can you explain?

Sorry, to explain what I'm looking to do..,

Run your downloader

Run script to move Xpicons to my USB Drive (sdc1).

Run script to move normal picons to root.

• -f to move folder I think. And it should be after the mv command

So you want normal picons on root change

Code
    echo 'Moving small picons to usb - Please Wait'
    mv -f /hdd/picon /usb/picon 
    to 
    echo 'Moving small picons to usb - Please Wait'
    mv -f /hdd/picon /picon

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!