Dsayers Picon Updater

There are 34 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 10,637 times. The last Post () by dsayers.

• Hi D,

Sorry for this long post... I reFlashed my box yesterday with latest OATV6.

I ftpd you plugin and ran it without my mv commands but it failed to write any picons to the SkyQ picon folder. Normal picons worked fine.

The error message said something like:

Mv: unable to rename /picon no such file or directory

I think this is due to one or two reasons - I think in your code you may need a '/' after 'SkyQ' in your final mv command - so should read:

mv -f /picon /HDD/SkyQ/

Or else the directory 'picon' needs to be created In SkyQ so it can be overwritten. Although I can't see why??

From memory I think I may have created a 'picon' directory manually in SkyQ when I was tinkering on earlier image which explains how I got it to work. Also the script only appears to work if you run it from the plugin menu - if you run just the script (from job manager) it fails to download either picons sets!!

• Well the original and most other xpicon code/scripts use XPicon/picon folder. Metrix users this... Kraven uses this... I think Rossi's skins uses this. Maybe this should be your default. If others want to break protocol it's there problem to fix.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• I'll look at the SkyQ command. For it not working in job manager that will be because the ipk has an older script the plugin downloads the latest script then runs it after that aslong as I haven't added new picons it should work in job manager.

• Ok it was the opkg remove command I changed the size of the large picons to download but didn't change the remove command so if you ran the plugin first it ran fine but if you ran it again with no change to the ipk to download it couldn't re download the ipk as it still existed on the system so ive now edited it to suit hopefully that should sort it.

KiddaC can you please tell me the actual size of the large picons I started using 220x132-190x102 but now changed to 220x132-220x132 but im not sure if thats correct thanks. Ill look at changing to xpicon

• Thanks - I'll try rerunning it.

Is the new version available now to download?

• Yes just run the plugin the plugin will download the new script

• Hi,

Think I've spotted a hiccup.

After re-running plugin I ftpd in to SkyQ and could see all the picons showing as symlinks. There is s new folder called 'logos' now in there which houses the picon images. I'm just wondering if this will happen each time you update and start to eat the space on your HDD?

Are you seeing this too?

• Have this working like a charm now!

Your plugin doing the downloading and a Cron job moving picons to my preferred location on USB pen drive.

Thanks for all your hard work D! This is a lot nicer than Rats picon downloader.

• Plugin updated on post 1.

This now uses one plugin and you now have the options for either SNP or SRP within the same plugin and update wget is no longer needed.

Users using old plugins can either uninstall old and install new or keep old versions as the scripts are still downloaded from the same source.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!