Zgemma h5.2s plus

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,910 times. The last Post () by akteon.

• Official Post

Picture

Specification

FEATURES

• DVB-S2+DVB-S2/S2X/TC/C Twin Tuner
    • Linux Operating System
    • Multimedia plug-in supported
    • Full HD 1080p
    • 1 x Smartcard-Reader
    • 2 x USB2.0
    • 100 Mbit Ethernet Interface
    • Advanced EPG
    • User-friendly linux Menu system
    • Full automatic service scan
    • Various OSD skins supported
    • Various Channel Editing Programs
    • Easy and fast software-upgrade via USB or Internet
    • 7segment display LED
    • Low deep-standby power consumption under 1 W

Specification

• 2,000 DMIPS CPU PROCESSOR
    • BCM73625 Dual core main chipset
    • More than 4.01x linux kernel
    • Enigma2 Linux Operating System
    • 3 Tuner built-in DVB-S2 + DVB-S2/S2X/T2/C
    • SD card (TF card) for recording, 8GB, 64GB, 128GB (optional)
    • HD Connection
    • AV Connection
    • Single/Dual 1080i decode
    • 1080p60 decode
    • DivX:
    • Versions 3.11,4.1,5.X,and 6.X
    • Progressive and interlaced
    • AVS decode with support fro AVS1-P2 Jizhun Profile @ level 6.0
    • HDTV Receiver MPEG-2/4 H. 264,HEVC / H.265
    • VP8-Google/ON2 codec,aka CodecX,support up to 1080p30 and 10 Mbps
    • RV9/10-RealVideo codec from RealNetworks,supports up to 1080p and 10
    • USB PVR Support of external HDD (HDD Optional)
    • 1xCardreader
    • 2x USB 2.0
    • Ethernet access 10/100 Mbit
    • 256MB NAND Flash / 512MB DDR3
    • Timeshift
    • Electronic TV programmes ( EPG ) support
    • Parental Control
    • Plugin Service
    • OSD into many languages and graphics (Skins)
    • Web interface, WEB Remote control
    • DISEqC 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 22Khz and USAL's
    • External power supply12V 2A

PACKING

• 1 x Zgemma H5.2S PLUS box
    • 1 x Remote Controller
    • 1 x Power Supply
    • 1 x HDMI Cable
    • 1 x User Manual

• Official Post

few more pics, :

b15305e84b.jpg

43e9e50de89d6dc12b7d583d.jpg

2f64e691e1b35fdc.jpg

02a19.jpg

What is DVB-S2X ?

DVB-S2X is an extension of the DVB-S2 specification that provides additional technologies and features. DVB-S2X

has been published as ETSI EN 302 307 part 2, with DVB-S2 being part 1. S2X offers improved performance and

features for the core applications of DVB-S2, including Direct to Home (DTH), contribution, VSAT and DSNG. The

specification also provides an extended operational range to cover emerging markets such as mobile applications.

download the dvb-s2x factsheet

• Given the spec says "DVB-S2+DVB-S2/S2X/TC/C Twin Tuner" and I see that there are two sat inputs and one cable/terrestrial and the port labels are Tuner A / B / C does this mean you can have just two of the three in use at once?

I'm slightly confused as to the benefits of dvb-s2x too but presume this allows you to view additional channels on 5w that are otherwise unavailable? does it open up any others that the rest of us mere mortals without s2x tuners are missing out on?

I'd hoped to hold out for the new H7S but Airdigital seem to have gone quiet about a launch date so I'm wondering if it will ever get to market?

• Official Post

Given the spec says "DVB-S2+DVB-S2/S2X/TC/C Twin Tuner" and I see that there are two sat inputs and one cable/terrestrial and the port labels are Tuner A / B / C does this mean you can have just two of the three in use at once?

I'm slightly confused as to the benefits of dvb-s2x too but presume this allows you to view additional channels on 5w that are otherwise unavailable? does it open up any others that the rest of us mere mortals without s2x tuners are missing out on?

I'd hoped to hold out for the new H7S but Airdigital seem to have gone quiet about a launch date so I'm wondering if it will ever get to market?

The H7 goes into full production in 2 weeks, (from what i have been told) If it were me i would wait for that....

The h5.2s plus is 2x sat tuners and 1 c/t tuner so it is a triple tuner, will correct the post above thanks

The way i see dvb/sX is that it allows you to vue multi stream channels,

Examples of which can be found on the following sats, (and maybe others)

45E, 21.6E, 13E, 10E, 4.8E, 5W4.9E, 96.5E, 31.5E & 12.5W...but these are not your normal channels, google is your friend..

• Thanks Jenseneverest, that's good news re the H7s - I think I'll wait although this box looks really good too. What a massive improvement on the cloudbox they started off with all those years ago :-)

Thanks for clarifying re the tuner setup, it was the specs from Airsat that I found confusing; I guess internally one tuner is Sat only and the second internal tuner is a combo (albeit with s2x for multi stream) and that both parts of the combo tuner can be used at the same time? If only I'd watched the video you posted before I'd asked it would have made sense...my bad ;-)

Looks like for motorised users having S2X is the way forward ;-)

• What is DVB-S2X ?

There is no DVB-S2X option to scan, no 64/128/256APSK modulation, no dvb-s2x FEC values, it seems that this is a simple dvb-s2 box only.

zgemma_tuner.jpg

Edited once, last by akteon ().

• Official Post

I tested with egami image. No problem scan dvbsx channels

• It doesn't work on atv or pli. Multistream is ok (tested on 5W), pvu without stream relay is ok (tested on 0.8W), but there is no option to scan dvb-s2x transponders (DVB-S2X is not equal to multistream, multistream works on some simple DVB-S2 receivers too). Loop through option is missing too.

Edited 3 times, last by akteon ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!