Information Gathering

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,458 times. The last Post () by lee989.

• Hi all, hoping this is posted in the most appropriate forum :)

Recently moved from a zgemma sat box, to a cable Vu+ Uno4K, and i've spent 2 weeks trying to get it working correctly with OSCam and failed, I kept getting loads of freezing issues, which were related to these entries in the log file:

Code
    017/05/25 21:23:03 15DE93AC c      (ecm) dvbapiuser (1841@000000/0000/28A3/89:18C6F0EEB891F99389C1791C879343C7): not found (10070 ms) by readerone
    2017/05/25 21:23:04 15DE93AC c   (dvbapi) Demuxer 1 restarting decodingrequests after 0 ms with 1 enabled and 1 disabled ecmpids!

So I switched over to Blackhole yesterday so that I could install mgcamd, and so far it appears to have been pretty stable... However I really don't like BH (especially the EPG!). I'd really like to get the box back on OpenVix (or OpenATV if I can't get OSCAM + Vix to behave).

To that end, i'm on a bit of an information gathering quest so I can try and understand a bit more about this stuff, if anyone can answer the following questions, it would be appreciated:

1. From what i can tell from info on this forum, in order to use a remote card server rather than a local card, you have to install oscam-emu and not the standard oscam?
    2. Assuming 1 is correct, can anyone confirm if the OSCAM-latest plugin in the OpenVix feeds has the emu patch already applied? It's not listed as oscam-emu but i would imagine it would simply not work at all with remote cards if the emu patch wasn't applied (whereas it did work, but it glitched and froze often).
    3. I thought that the dvbapi "stuff" in oscam was to allow remote card readers, so why do we need an emulator also?
    4. I've installed oscam-emu on BH now just to see if it's more stable than the oscam I installed on vix, not had it installed long enough to confirm, however I noticed there is an "emulator" reader preconfigured in this oscam plugin? I've disabled that reader and i'm using my own reader using the newcamd protocol instead of the custom "emu" protocol (which i presume is a dummy protocol the patch hooks on too?). So far it's working without that emulator reader in use, so what the point of it?

Some of those questions may be more obvious when the ones before it have been answered, and i'm sure i'll have more too ask as I start to understand things better!

Apologies if these are really obvious and stupid questions, but i'm hoping if I can try to understand things a little more, i'll be able to solve my problems. Any help on trying to understand all this is greatly appreciated!

On a side note: I'm not afraid of a little light reading, so if there's any documents or threads around that I should read to understand this stuff a little more, links would appreciated too (i have read the oscam config wiki pretty thoroughly, but it only makes sense if you actually understand what configs relate too [which i don't])

• Why are you using oscam-emu then disabling the reader? If you don't need the EMU patch, just use regular oscam

I think you missed the whole point of my question...

This is exactly why I asked the question 4. I setup oscam as per directions I found on another site (as thats what i used first time round) and apart from it's still freezing from time to time, it works. So whats the point of the emulator? Presumably it's for a specific purpose and maybe it's not applicable too me? Alternatively maybe the freezing would be fixed by using the emulator?

The whole point of this thread was to try and understand everything a little better, I don't know why I disabled the EMU patch because I don't really know what it is... I'm just trying lots of different things to try and solve the problem, as the only method I have of debugging the issue is "try something and see what it does".

• Official Post

Standard oscam is all thats needed to connect to a remote card server.

OSCam-emu is an OSCam addon / patch which includes emulator support (reads keys from a SoftCam.Key file).

OSCam-emu doesn`t require any reader configured, as it creates one itself, as long as the SoftCam.Key file is in the same location as the rest of the oscam configs.

Supported systems

=================

Currently only the following crypto systems are available:
    - Cryptoworks
    - SoftNDS
    - Viaccess 1/2/3
    - Nagra 2
    - Irdeto 2
    - Biss (Mode 1) [Note: only 1 key possible for a sid/pid combination, use the oscam constcw reader if you need more]
    - PowerVU (via Stream Relay)
    - Drecrypt2
    - Tandberg

SoftCam Keys

Use the attached configs.

If you have used cccam2oscam to create the reader it will have created some unnecessary values that can cause freezing.

Remove the following values from the reader:

Code
    inactivitytimeout=1
    reconnecttimeout=30
    lb_weight=100
    cccmaxhops=10
    ccckeepalive=1
    cccwantemu=0

Going from your oscam log, you are tring VM server and the ping is too high 10070 ms.

This could be any number of things, the server doesn`t have the card as local, there is some interuption between you and the server, the server is having problems, you are using a wireless network.

• Going from your oscam log, you are tring VM server and the ping is too high 10070 ms.

This could be any number of things, the server doesn`t have the card as local, there is some interuption between you and the server, the server is having problems, you are using a wireless network.

Thanks for the info, i'll try out the oscam config you provided.

Interestingly, I don't get any freezes on mgcamd. The response times are pretty similar too. It's on a wired network using homeplugs and is more than fast enough (200mbps net connection, 100mbps lan connection, box achieves around 80mbps in reality to the internet).

I'm not really sure what's going on hence why i'm trying to understand how things work better, so i can tinker with things with a bit more logic applied rather than the stab in the dark approach i'm currently using. This is why I switched to BH, in order to try and work out whats at fault. GIven Oscam is still suffering the odd freezing issue on BH as it did on Vix, but mgcamd seems to run without freezing, the problem I can only think is with oscam.

Not sure if its because the box is still fairly new, or if I just need to tweak the oscam settings more though, I know others have the uno 4k boxes working fine, which is just even more confusing.

Anyway, thanks for your reply Master G, i'll check the config settings against the info you've provided and see how that fairs :)

OSCam-EMU Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam-EMU Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!