user-skin mods for KiddaC skins

There are 25 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,467 times. The last Post () by dsayers.

• Hi I just thought I would share some plugins I have managed to skin on slyk onyx (with a nudge in the right direction from kiddac) and wanted to see what others have done.

I have decided to use skin_user.xml as this can be added to etc/enigma2 and the skin can be updated without the need to redo the main skin

So what I have managed to do is skin Dsayers CustomMix Importer and Channels Importer screen shots below

Dsayers CustomMix Importer

7475483fde.jpg

Channels Importer

086b7aa6431d.jpg

To use this simply download skin_user_slyk-onyx.xml and ftp it to etc/enigma2 and reboot box

• Dsayers custom mix plugin has now been skinned in all of my skins. So you do not need to install this skin_user_slyk-onyx.xml to skin this plugin from dsayers.

I will leave this thread open though, because it highlights the fact that you can mod any of my skins by adding in your modded screens to skin_user_(skin name).xml

Using that file any of your custom mods do not get overwritten when you update any of my skins.

If it wasn't for the modding crew when I was creating my skins, they wouldn't look like they do now. So feel free to have a play.

Your mods might even end up in my skins.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

Edited once, last by KiddaC ().

• Hi kiddac I was wondering if you could point me in right direction here. A friends wife has glaucoma and finds your onyx skin easiest on the eyes with the exception of one screen which is this one or it's alternative4c33aae5b54dd77c869691.jpg

I can alter text size of middle pane in settings. However the info on left pane and particularly the right side she struggles with and I cannot for the life of me find a way to make it larger. Is there anything I can do to alter text size on either pane. Wasn't sure if I should post here or in the main thread. apologies if in wrong place

• This is the alternative channel selection screen you are showing.

On this alternative screen you can change the size of the fonts on the left, but the font on the right might be problematic as it is bringing in all them times via my custom OnyxNextEvents2 python component. (it might work).

The screen is

.\usr\share\enigma2\slyk-onyx\

o-channel-selection.xml

<screen name="SlimChannelSelection" ....

If you open up o-channel-selection.xml in an xml editor like xml wrench (free), you will see I have titled comments for each section. So you should easily be able to find the elements to edit. For example

<!-- now programme -->

<widget source="ServiceEvent" render="Label" position="20,21" size="281,20" font="Bold;18" foregroundColor="colour2" backgroundColor="#25000000" transparent="1">

<convert type="EventName">NowName</convert>

</widget>

<widget source="ServiceEvent" render="RunningText" options="movetype=running,startpoint=0,direction=top,steptime=80,repeat=0,always=0,oneshot=0,startdelay=6000,wrap"

position="20,48" size="281,173" font="Regular;16" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="#25000000" transparent="1">

<convert type="EventName">FullDescription</convert>

</widget>

The panel on the right is this section.

<widget source="ServiceEvent" render="OnyxNextEvents2" position="1000,220" size="240,500" font="Regular;14" start="0" lines="26" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="#25000000" noWrap="1" transparent="1">

<convert type="ServiceName">Reference</convert>

</widget>

If you change the right panel, I don't know whether or not you can change the number lines or not. I would change the font size first, then experiment with the number of lines to see if it causes any problems. I never wrote this component, its someones elses code I amended for my skin. So I don't know how it fully works and I cant remember if I hard coded in the number of lines, or whether that lines variable does anything or not.

• If its just the standard channel select screen that is this screen

\usr\share\enigma2\slyk-onyx\

o-channel-selection.xml

<screen name="ChannelSelection" ....

<!-- next programme -->

<widget source="ServiceEvent" render="Label" position="1000,255" size="260,44" font="Bold;18" foregroundColor="colour2" backgroundColor="midright" transparent="1">

<convert type="EventName">NextName</convert>

</widget>

<widget source="ServiceEvent" render="Label" position="1000,296" size="260,22" font="Regular;18" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="midright" noWrap="1" transparent="1">

<convert type="EventTime">NextStartTime</convert>

<convert type="OnyxClockToText">SlykQStartTime</convert>

</widget>

<widget source="ServiceEvent" render="Label" position="1000,341" size="260,218" font="Regular;15" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="midright" transparent="1">

<convert type="EventName">NextDescription</convert>

</widget>

<!-- Next Events List -->

<panel name="h-separator-br" />

<widget source="ServiceEvent" render="OnyxNextEvents" position="1000,604" size="260,48" font="Regular;14" start="2" lines="3" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="botright" noWrap="1" transparent="1">

<convert type="ServiceName">Reference</convert>

</widget>

• Many thanks Kiddac will have a play on my receiver and see if I can change successfully without breaking anything else and if ok will apply to her receiver at weekend. Will let you know result in case it helps anyone else, for the record you sir are a gent

• Just an update managed to alter text size in both panels in the slim channel selection screen, the panel on right I was able to change the amount of lines with no problem either. Had to alter positions and size of service title boxes in left pane, and position and size of items in right pane to allow room for the larger text but it now looks ok . I sent the lady some pictures of screen and she is happy with end result. Thanks again Kiddac

• When somebody points you to the right place and tells you what you need to do and while there you get to see what altering one thing affects it is an eye opener, working out how to alter something else to allow for your previous change was quite fun. How the hell you know how to do this from scratch and tie everything in to look so good is beyond me, Skinner will not be in my list of accomplishments, skin bodger may be though. I am not going to post a screenshot your ocd/faffiness will go into meltdown mode.

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X Class, X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!