Zgemma h7 uhd 4k review

There are 109 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 33,272 times. The last Post () by seagen.

• Official Post

this is all about file formats, use the right file formats and it is not an issue. Granted some boxes play some file formats the others do not.

If you want a dedicated media player, then buy one.

• I had no such problems...

There was 1 4K film which stuttered - but it was badly ripped, so it was the same on all boxes, Droid and E2...

Zgemma H7 for me was the best of all the boxes I have ever seen operate and tested at length!!!

Let's try testing, perhaps these: http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/ ???

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• this is all about file formats, use the right file formats and it is not an issue. Granted some boxes play some file formats the others do not.

True

But I have yet to come across a file that doesn't play on my Ultimo or duo 4k. Using ext3 player always allows the file to play smoothly. You could also use e2iplayer and works fine.

Playing some files with default player does have some issues but it's not a problem.

• this is all about file formats, use the right file formats and it is not an issue. Granted some boxes play some file formats the others do not.

Also..

What do you mean use the right format. It was a hdr 10 bit file format which the zgemma said it can decode in the specs. I don't think the file format was wrong at all

• You are using satellite receivers with media playback capabilities, not a full blown media players. Don't loose sight of that.

No make or model of broadcom receiver will playback all files formats faultlessly, especially 4K media. I know that 100% because we've tested lots of file formats and ways of playing them back. I.e. over LAN from a NAS, over USB HDD, from internal SATA HDD etc... different methods of playback will impact the playing of 4K media files. We've spent many, many hours testing 4K media playback.

Some 4K media files have high bitrates which could struggle to playback over a network from a USB HDD connected to some receiver on a network.

Believe it or not the Zgemma H9 series is the best receiver we've ever tested for media playback. Play's more or less everything thrown at it, very high bitrate 4K files would have to be played directly from a storage device connected directly to the receiver due to the 10/100 LAN port. By high bitrate I mean movies with a bitrate of over 86,000kbps, theres not many movies with such high bitrates. They play perfect from USB media connected to H9.

world-of-satellite-banner.gif
    Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*

*SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

• I understand that but these receivers are capable of playing 2160p files esp if the specs say they can. Like I said the ultimo 4k and duo 4k plays every file I've thrown on it perfectly. The zgemma didn't. I guarantee you I can send you a standard hdr 10 bit file with a low bit rate which would struggle on the H9. I understand these are receivers and not media players but it's nice to have a receivers that can play every file smoothly. Some can handle it well and some can't.

• I agree thoroughly using a dedicated media player and using a satellite receiver for satellite reception.
    The H7 has done that for me brilliantly. I am regretting not choosing a VU+ model and am still trying to find a vendor who can take the time to bench test one for me to verify its capabilities.
    IPTV has worked great on the H7. Kodi suffers immensely although the dev's have gone to great extent to give us a stripped version to use.
    It is still not full blown Kodi though.
    The H7 is using Broadcom chipsets which have been out quite a while before the H7 was marketed. VU+ units are using more recent chips and perhaps Broadcom hasn't closed the books for writing updated firmware code for those.
    The Nvidia Shield is by far the best and versatile media box I've seen.
    I also have an Amazon Fire TV, Roku 3, Apple TV, and recently purchased an Amazon Fire TV Cube.
    The Shield and Cube are very close to each other providing great digital media playback experiences.
    Full keyboard and mouse support on those will keep the remotes living for a long time.

• Official Post

And remember that if you use any kind of WiFi along the network line this is a bigg bottle neck.

Same with routers they need sometimes to be setup more advanced so they dont trough data

blindly around in the network. You might need to dedicate some of the network to one port that

your NAS Server i connected to so it allway gets priority otherwise when many are using the same network

data will be sent random.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!