Zgemma h7 uhd 4k review

There are 109 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 33,559 times. The last Post () by seagen.

• Plugins > Skins > openvix-mynovum-fhd2-black installed

PiG chosen - but no PiG to appear in a smaller window...

Another of your mods or...?

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Official Post

no mate, my "mods" are only a few backgrounds for the skin, i have not got the patience to skin anything an really take my hat off to all the skinners about...

im not at a box right now.....but bring up channel list, menu - settings change from standard to simple ?? I add the question marks as thats from the back of my brain somewhere..... a reboot is required for the change to take effect anyways...

The epg screen i think is same things but i have chosen graphics with pig

will double check the settings when home later:thumbup:

• SIlly Billy, me - done all that but did not do the full restart...

Working now, cheers! :)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• gorski !

Giving PurE2 a go on my H7 again. Setup with tuner and bouquets loaded. And getting in the clear channels.
    Questions:

EPG. How do I get it to open on the current satellite/channel I'm viewing? It's always opening on the first bouquet in the list.
    Looked in settings, can't seem to see where to change it.
    Ok, nothing yet. Back to reading.

Weather Location: Always showing Heidelberg Germany. Tried a few codes from the net, used my old openatv code. No joy. How to?
    OK, got that. Typed in my actual location this time. Then the code populated. Still need to know where to fetch location codes from.
    Last time on prev version, location code or actual location typed in didn't work.

Small TV Screen in EPG. See the setting in EPG>Menu, Still not working.
    MORE in depth reading. OpenATV is just as any TV or other sat receiver is. Small screen with TV picture and current EPG for the sat or bouquet (favorite) opens correctly when EPG is opened. No muss, no fuss. No searching for and fetching a skin at all to make it work (if it will).
    Question: Why would this not be included out of box as a de facto standard?

OscamEMU. Which one to use? I have been using ver. 11440 and was working great with openatv 6.2.
    OK, Found ver 11440 for "Pure" ipk. Installed it. Found Softcam.keys file directory. Placed my current keys in it and it works.
    Can't get webif for it working at all. Installed oscam panel from plugins installer. Did the config. NO webif working. In webif panel, showing only gray panel info. Hmmmmm!!!

FYI. I transferred my satellites.xml to the box with FTP and my openatv saved lamedb to PurE2.

I'm sure I'll have a few more questions as I get thins running. Next will be how to get PIP working. Do I need to setup tuner 2 (which is a separate port on the Titanium C2W-PLL LNBF.

You said to go slow, be patient!!

Dev's could probably sit down at a modern TV and cable box. See how easy they are to use out of box w/o having to refer to a detailed manual.
    OpenATV, again, "just fits". I registered on the PurE2 site. Not much English and cannot even view the welcome message.
    Imagine if I had 20+ satellites scanned in (which I DO) and every time I went to use the EPG, have to cycle through 19 of them to fine the current one I'm on.
    PIP and hopefully fully functional Dolby Digital 5.1 with discrete audio channel decoding on satellite TV is working on this Enigma2 flavor.
    Populating my EPG (XML plugin....I don't live in Europe). Picons,and other bells and whistles can come later on.
    I could write my own impression guide from plugging in a USB stick to flash my box to getting the basics setup.
    This is meant as a friendly opinion and in no way should be taken as criticism.
    I've used many cable company provided tuners, satellite receivers, streaming boxes with IPTV. All basic user functions are there and are similar.
    For the time being, and to keep everyone happy at home....back to OpenATV 6.2.

• Oh, dear... :tongue1:

OK, must help the wife with kids, then after... I'll come back...:cool1:

In the meantime, feel free to remember that IIYF, please... Starting from my posts on this forum - aplenty! :Cool_Santa:

Like so: PurE2 general flashing/setup tutorial...

The world's first pretty comprehensive E2 tutorial and its predecessor...

PowerVU config files for oscam-emu

Fabulous FNC plugins by FRanc (for PurE2 users)!!!

PurE2 for Air Digital Zgemma

Edited 2 times, last by gorski ().

• Will read again. In the meantime please see above.

• 1) PiG is NOT included in PurE2 Estuary skin other than as an aforementioned "transparency"... Our skinner was the first to make 64b skins and they are already big, so he doesn't want to make it even bigger, as we support various boxes, some of which do not have plenty of space. If yours does, add another skin, if you really want it. As I mentioned, the skin is seriously malleable and that means big, as well.

Posts around post no. 80 give you how to add and setup another skin which has what you need (if you do not want a full transparency type of PiG) - and it will work, tested!

2) EPG at my end opens on the current satellite channel I'm viewing by default. And so does a channel list, whichever coloured button I choose it will open on satellite/channel/bouquet/provider I am currently on. No idea what you are doing... Just press up or down button around the OK button and then a coloured button for the channel.

And for EPG? I set up my EPG button to open the MultiEPG like so:

550bd.jpg

3d472202cd035001e.jpg

3) "Weather Location: Always showing Heidelberg Germany. Tried a few codes from the net, used my old openatv code. No joy. How to?"

Oh, c'mon ... Seriously?

MENU > PLUGINS > ESTUARY > Weather plugin > MENU > EDIT > write your town's name > Search code > OK > OK > BACK > EXIT > SAVE > Restart...

4) OSCam: PurE2 general flashing/setup tutorial... => images 28 - 32. "Do it slow" means "do as you read, step by step"... You'll get there, guaranteed!

Forget about ipk, FCOL! Just do as you are shown it works, don't go round inventing hot water...

Config files are in here: PowerVU config files for oscam-emu

The same images are there, also to tell you how to get latest OSCam Emu from the feed = MENU > PLUGINS > green button. Or MENU > PMANAGER > Install CamD...

5) DreamboxEDIT to send your channel list to PurE2. https://dreamboxedit.com/category/download/

6) PiP? Achhh... PurE2 general flashing/setup tutorial... > posts no. 4 & 5. And yes, you really should do the ABC first, like MENU > SETUP > SERVICE SEARCHING > TUNER CONFIG, which must be done properly, at the very start of setting it all up. PiP is based on the - basics...

7) The home forum for PurE2, HDSC has German by default but if you choose English in Edit profile > Settings > Sprache/Language> English....

If not, write to Admin, see if only German is displayed for you by default. It ain't for me but you never know... Have you confirmed your email address?

Btw, there are plenty of threads and individual posts in English... What do you get if you search for my posts/threads?

8) So, let's clear out the essential point here: E2 is complex and it gives you choices, so you can set it up the way you want. I like that. I know that in that case one must learn. There is another problem, then: in psychology we call it "negative transfer", when old stuff interferes with learning new stuff. Clear your head for new stuff, m8. As a friendly advice. You will make it easier on yourself. Don't expect to find your old house when you enter a new one. You'd be walking into walls... Seriously speaking: you have it upside-down in this respect.

9) Dolby Digital has to do with drivers, not E2 flavours, at least in any "normal" situation...

10) No offence, m8, but please be a bit more attentive, as it is not fun having to do this individually for each of you, every time all over again, whenever anyone demands it, just because you don't want to search a bit and read... And it is here, I even pointed it out for you earlier, even several times for some of these issues... I have written about various aspects in various threads and then I try to cross-reference them, too - just in case, so you can check the links included and inform yourself re. issues in the neighbourhood, as it were...

11) It's 3.30 AM and I am stealing from my sleep to help you. May I suggest you come back with new Q's only after you sort out the basics, which are all explained already. You need to sit down and do it, really, learning in the process... Good luck!

Edited once, last by gorski ().

• From what I can see, I can advise you to choose another image or at least another skin, PurE2 and/or Estuary are not for you, sorry... You have not started from scratch, you are constantly jumping in the middle and then... problems...

You do not realise that you are NOT clearing old stuff from your head when you are approaching new stuff. You can not DEMAND new stuff behaves like old stuff you are used to. Period. Hence my "tutorials" and help in so many ways. But I can only do so much, if one closes down and pigheadedly insists on what he expects - instead of "how do I do this" attitude...

Sorry, I get off here...

• No. it is NOT the same as on any other STB - it depends on many differences each image might have!!!

For instance, the skin: if the skin does not have PiG, like PurE2 doesn't for reasons mentioned... So, no, not every image works the same EVEN IN THE SAME BOX!!! It depends on so many things!

Some teams can and do mess with Linux kernel itself, adding or removing drivers (USB device, for instance), modules (say, NTFS or NAND sim), then they may add ffmpeg or not (with it Exteplayer3 or not, so people have a choice between Gstreamer and FFmpeg), various tools (like Device Manager - where PurE2 is the leader of the pack, to my mind), plugins (for instance subtitle support) and so on and on and on. Sorry, you are talking absolute nonsense...

Everybody HAS to learn ANY image flavour, on top of that, as they have many different settings and in each flavour there are different settings by default! OpenPLi has 3 different levels of settings, even: standard, advanced and expert. So, stop spreading nonsense, m8!

You are mixing apples and rhinos: what you are used to and a novelty of another image. What would be the point of another, different image IF all was the same?!?

And you did not have to learn after extensive searching - well, not on this forum - help was given to you on the silver platter, in ample quantities and top quality!!! And you are still smarting... Honestly... The mind boggles sometimes...

OSCam: when I published our config for PowerVu even knowledgeable people did NOT have it all working in the same box (H7) and they were thankful that PurE2 team sorted it out for all PV providers in H7. However, they took my results for H9 and sent it to the developers, so bugs could be ironed out, since DRIVERS for H9 had to be worked on. These are complex issues and... ochhh.... seriously, stop being pig-headed and learn... Drop the guard and lazy attitude, and open up, dude...

If you don't want to learn about, for instance, terrible shite in Droid or iPhone OS and you do not want your privacy protected and many other issues, then yeah, it would "all go" in secs. However, if you actually want to know, want to learn, want to change, want to get richer - it takes learning. In that case you do NOT take stock image but you go to "hobbyist forums/websites" and you search, for instance, for ROMs that give you options, remove corporate snoopers (say Paranoid Android) and remove Google apps package, so you can have it the way YOU want it, not the way Google intended for THEIR purposes. In Windows, the same thing applies and so on...

And clearly, spiritual laziness is in the way, with any of these complex phenomena - at least for some...

Edited 2 times, last by gorski ().

• Oh, dear... "the skin. hints as to memory available. 99.9% of users will have installed an external or internal drive. initial setup, sure. a stripped skin for initial install. see the above. once again why blindly select a channel and then look at a full screen to see what you may want to watch. a little tiny tv screen for the channel you've scrolled to....standard."

It's like talking to a wall. Franc made a little revolution with 64b skinning and of course it is big, given the complexity and flexibility of his skin, giving many options to the users, its malleability, hence he did not want it even bigger BECAUSE it needs to fit in all manner of boxes and one has to take all that into account since.... Ach, never mind... I see that "INSTALL ANOTHER SKIN" is higher maths here...

• P.S. "Being pig-headed" is not "calling names", get it straight, It is how you behave. Fact. You can also say "rigid", "inflexible", "not ready to learn a new thing", "stubbornly insisting on something that simply isn't there for ever, never making any allowances for the fact we are NOT here to cater for your every wish", that sort of thing... No "dirty words", no "calling names", only a description of how you actually act.

• Why the smiley?

Yes, post #85 or go to Enigma2 Teams section > PurE2 and see it there...

• I had a zgemma h7 for a few days. Had to return it because it didn't play any 2160p files I had. Disappointing

I think the truth here is you had conflicting results, some of your files played and some didn't.

world-of-satellite-banner.gif
    Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*

*SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

• Hi

After a day or so none of them played smoothly. I had choppy playback on all of them. The only difference between the files playing was that the atmos files would sometimes cause restarts on my Ultimo 4K but didn't do this on the zgemma but it still couldn't play properly. However opening any file on my Ultimo 4K or duo 4k using ext3 player always plays perfectly.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!