Zgemma h7 uhd 4k review

There are 109 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 33,276 times. The last Post () by seagen.

• One more thing: do regular SW updates, especially when you see a little window with such a message ("PurE2 update available")!

Not only your E2 but also your plugins will be updated! ANd that is important!

FNC plugins must be regularly updated for links/sources... ;)

It kept prompting me to update the same 302 updates over and over. Everytime I rebooted, the same prompt to update.
    A glitch?

• Could be.

302 is a bit much... Try getting the latest image from the PurE2 club download and flash from scratch, then configure it according to what you now know....

Do tell. If there is still a problem, I will notify the coders... Thanx!

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Just saw your previous post no. 60.

One advice: slow down and just follow the advice... PurE2 is easy, then...

But first, you must not take the shortcuts to learn the basics - i.e. be disciplined initially...

Later, of course, have fun... but for now - it's really easy if you actually read slowly and do it equally slowly., step by step... It's actually faster that way! :)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

Edited once, last by gorski ().

• It kept prompting me to update the same 302 updates over and over. Everytime I rebooted, the same prompt to update.
    A glitch?

Oh, just checked and I have even more - 368...

BUT! The warning is there: "Reflash recommended!"

So, the decompressed image goes onto a compatible USB stick and one should do it from scratch, since it is a big set of changes, usually when kernel itself/drivers/etc. have been significantly changed...

May I suggest one does PurE2 onto the first partition, then add other images in subsequent partitions (but perhaps OpenPLi are still not ready for it, so perhaps give it a miss 'till we see reports of it being sorted...)...

• Probably should move this to the proper section.
    Sorry for the rant. First impressions are important though.
    Sure I'm in a hurry. Shouldn't be, surely.
    I did install the most recent flash from the PurE2 site. And setup was basically the same as the other 2 flavors of Enigma2 I've tried.
    My satelites.xml and Dreamset wrote without a hitch (had to dig for the login credentials....root, pure2).
    I would guess that the "core" of these versions is Enigma2 with bells and whistles added.
    I saw reflash recommended. If it were me as dev. an in-your-face option on that screen to burn the updates to external storage would be nice.
    Updates would appear to just require a reboot to be applied. My learning curve would tell me that's the way it would function.
    I have just 1 full partition on my sata drive. Were you speaking of the internal receiver flash (4 partitions)?
    Can we move this to the proper section please? I've hijacked it and we're all going to Cuba!
    Apologies guys.

• The error is not yours - something happened on the way to... errrmmm, satellite orbit and we went to errrmmmm... Cuba instead... :laugh1:

I discovered the same issue, reported it and we are waiting for a solution. Btw, I also couldn't download loadsa plugins. "Migration to a new server", I presume... (he is a member of the House of Lords, so we are used to waiting... :laugh1: )

Patience and ye shall be delivered from evil... :rasta2bigsmoke0gf1: straight to Clark's belt...:P

• :GMlinuxsat1:

Now, how's this for service: a PurE2 image over the whole flash, i.e. 4GB of space, especially done for our nervy American friends:rasta2bigsmoke0gf1: - so one feels at ease:laugh1: with tons of plugins, skins and whatever else one wants to have in there... ;)

We are working on that, as per needs of some of us...;):thumbup: I already tested the first version but not yet perfect, so... l8r... You'll most likely have a non-Multiboot image, with a single partition and tons of space to play with... thanx to Master Delfi of PurE2! ;):thumbup:

In the meantime, we figured it out, who messed up the partitioning and how it spread across OE-A images, even to PurE2 etc. Fear not, though, it's not only fixed but - as above - on the road to Satellite Heaven! :rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

Here is the fixed usual image with plenty of space and Multiboot!

pur-e2.club/OU/images/index.php?dir=6.2/airdigital/&file=zgemmah7-PurE2-6.2-20181207_usb.zip

All working just fine!:thumbup:

• "Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• You must address the issues with the author, m8... ;)

This is the new image with tons of stuff installed - all FNC Plugins, Kodi, E2iPlayer, many CamDs and whatnot and yet... 166MB still free!

c822b8bd33fb9568090de.jpg

• Official Post

You must address the issues with the author, m8... ;)

This is the new image with tons of stuff installed - all FNC Plugins, Kodi, E2iPlayer, many CamDs and whatnot and yet... 166MB still free!

c822b8bd33fb9568090de.jpg

I have actually fixed it. Crossepg support from the author went year's ago sadly

• Care to share? :)

• I gave up all of EPG apps... Too much worry for nothing, really....

• The Broadcom chipset in this receiver does not support 4:2:2 broadcasts in fact none do any more apart from the early now discontinued AZbox

All enigma2 receivers can support 4:2:2 feeds but you must relay them back to either a laptop/PC or other device that can use an external Player

the new vu+duo 4k can now support mpeg 4, dont have one yet so can confirm, but going by specs it does.

• New Zgemmas are also coming online, very soon...

Broadcom, too - 64b...

• Ha, a new improvement, it seems to me...

Well, after a long time, I just checked again (in my H7S with PurE2 v. 6.2, booting into PiP variant, obviously [2 x DVB-S2X and DVB-T2]): PiP is now working fine! No more freezing, crashing, slowing down badly etc. etc. Coders tell me that the last driver improvement was at the end of August, so...?

As in:

-no problem watching 2 channels, audio from only one, of course

-swapping them and that way you change which channel's audio you listen to

-resizing them, from one very small, all the way to splitting the screen, i.e. to equal size windows

-zapping one window, then

-changing which window will be zapped in and zapping in that window freely

-madly changing channels from a big list in any direction, whichever channel (I have a T90 with 12 LNBs)

-combining sat TV and terrestrial channels etc.

Pretty darn smooth, I am pleased to say...

The "experimental" part from the name of the image can be removed, as far as I am concerned - it just does what it says on the tin!

P.S. Also tested my new H9.2H - also working well, any sat TV channel + terrestrial channel...:rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

• Sounds like good work and great progress. Maybe time for me to try it again.

Question. Is it the skin or is it just the way it is? You're familiar with OpenATV using the H7. I just saw your post in that forum.
    In EPG, I can cycle through bouquets (satellites in my case) while in EPG. Don't think that was apparent to me when I first tried PurE2.

Also, while in EPG I can see a small TV screen in the EPG. Selectable in GraphicalEPG settings in ATV and E2.
    But it didn't work when I tried in E2. Does that work now? Looking through EPG transparency to the screen is kind of klunky. I like the mini TV while clicking through channels.

Also Dolby Digital. I put a post up. I can currently decode discrete 5.1 through the H7 HDMI to TV >optical from TV to HT receiver.
    But only using the built in media player. DD broadcasts on satellite will not decode discrete 5.1. The OK button banner screen shows Dolby is there, Same channels on my Dreamlink T5 ku band do.
    Cabled the same way. Dreamlink Sat>TV HDMI, TV>HT optical. I read where it may be a driver issue.

Little things, but big ones to me.

• If I understood your Q's correctly:

-no PiG was introduced in PurE2

-I set up my STBs to give me multi-EPG when I press EPG button and I can go up and down the list and with 90% transparency see a little bit of what's what if I press OK button once, without getting out of multi-EPG menu (not to your liking but that it is what it is) - one more OK click and then one is watching that channel

-DD - you tell me, install it on another partition and try (I can;t, no such cable to try... HDMI is fine here)

Good luck!

• Official Post

supwiddiss

below are screenshots with my modified novum black fhd skin used on pure2 image on the h7, i think all the requirements your after are possible with pure2 and a few setup settings changed

on the channel selection screen it is possible to change bouquets with the channel up/down button

on the epg screen bouquets are changed with the left right arrows, days change with channel button

the last screenshot is my audio settings that seem to work best for the audio options

824787bd989cc4f2918.jpg

1bc2b.jpg

3cf672e767d760d352c7c7d.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!