whats the best android tv box

There are 21 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,742 times. The last Post () by blueone.

• hey guys whats the best android tv box on the market at the moment. I have kii pro, amazon,mxq pro and hp i7 G2 mini pc, but looking for new box either 3gb or 4gb ram. I purchased the r-tv s10 with 3gb ram 32 gb rom with s912 chip but lasted a day before it packed up likely due to heat issues caused by poor ventilation so thats gone back to amazon ..

so what are your views and experiences ???? thanks in advance guys n gals

• got no real use for the dvb-s2 port now though and already got the kii pro. I've ordered a 3gb ram 32gb rom with s912 hd 4k octa core box for £57.99 on sale at amazon ..cheap at half the price but going to buy the yundoo y8 with 4gb ram 32gb rom rk3399 chipset that has out performed the s912 on benchmark testing and less than £100..ive been researching all week hahaha. the wife said I've gotta sell some as I've got an addiction to buying boxes lol.

what do you think of mini pc vs android box ?

• The mecool m8s pro is a great machine for the price. Comes with 4K and 3GB RAM. If your purchasing make sure you but the correct one as there is a mecool m8s pro plus too and it only has 2GB RAM

• tried the yandoo Rbox but failed after 24hrs of use maybe due to heat issue ,trying the Pendoo 3gb 32gb atm its seem ok but doesn't seem a lot quicker as my KII pro even though it has 3gb ram compared to the 2gb ram of the kii. the pendoo also having the S912 chipset in it too with 32gb rom.

ill keep looking and buying .thanks for the feedback guys n gals.. .

• there's a new model KI Pro with DDR4 & Android 7.1

Brand: MECOOL

Model: KI PRO

Type: TV Box

System: Android 7.1

Processor: Amlogic S905D

CPU: Cortex A53

Core: Quad Core

GPU: Mali-450

RAM: 2G RAM

RAM Type: DDR4

ROM: 16G ROM

Max. Extended Capacity: 32G

the best box at the moment for it's price would be the Xiaomi Mi TV Box (Official International Version only!)

of course you'll have to buy a usb rack with RJ45 for it to have a wired network connection.

• Don't get hung up on stats i.e. 2gb RAM or 3gb RAM etc, a lot of the cheap(er) boxes are refurbished junk, I've returned plenty this year,the S912'S have been disappointing, all RK3399's will overheat and die, particularly if you game.

Yeah the Shield is best but if you just want to stream a bit of tv get a Minix U9-H, on paper the 2gb RAM 16gb ROM doesn't look that special but pick the box up, it's made of metal, it's heavy, the components are all first rate and the performance blows all the other boxes that use the S912 chip out of the park.

The stats mean nothing it's how the box is built and how it actually performs.

A box I'd like to try is the Zidoo H6 Pro , cheaper at around £70, good reviews and uses the Allwinner processor, might be worth a look.

• For anyone interested I can give an update to an earlier post of mine.

Mid December I got myself a Zidoo H6 Pro and it really is a great little box. It performs just as well as my Minix U9-H yet cost around half the price, £62 at the time.

Build quality seems top notch, 2gb of DDR4 RAM, made of metal and it doesn't get hot so I've no reason to think it shouldn't stay the course. Kodi and IPTV via Perfect player work great.

The bargain box out there at the moment.

• Take a look at the Formuler S Mini: https://www.world-of-satellite…v-receiver-media-streamer

Purchasing from us means you are purchasing from a UK based company.

2 year hardware warranty.

Regular firmware updates from Formuler.

New Hisilicon Quad core CPU.

Fast and versatile box.

world-of-satellite-banner.gif
    Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*

*SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

• We’re do I buy them from

Google is your friend. Check out some of the reviews on youtube they usually have a link to a reliable source for the 'best' 'gear' at a good price.

If you're in the UK pick the 'deliver to Belgium warehouse' option, no import taxes and the postie will deliver to your door within 7-10 days.

• Varies day to day mate due to exchange rates, mine cost me just over £60. Keep an eye out for offers and also use Topcashback site - google that too if you've not heard of it before, once signed up you'll save 100's of £'s (particularly on insurance) over the years :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!