ZGEMMA H.2 WONT BOOT UP

There are 21 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 13,864 times. The last Post () by gorski.

• Hi Guys

ive a zgemma h.s and it was stuck on boot.

so i tried to reflash it and it seems to flash ok -

however when it tries to reboot it just stick on boot and my tv doesnt recognise the hdmi

ive reflashed with numerous differet images but its always the same

it jus sits on boot!

any help appreciated

• Here's the latest openatv6.1 image for zgemma h2.
    You have to make sure you use the correct image for your box model.

http://images.mynonpublic.com/…/index.php?open=zgemmash2

If you look in the in SH1 folder
    you will see it says noforce.

This means you have to press the standby button on the front of your box as soon as the front display says USB.
    On pressing standby your box should say FLSH and it will take about 5-10 mins to flash.

Let the box flash and as soon as your box reboots and says boot on the front display. Remove the USB stick.

If you have any backed up older settings, don't use them. These can lead to boot problems.

When you first boot up, it should give you a menu where you select your display type. This should auto rotate through them if you are seeing nothing on screen.

Openatv is german. So first load it will just display the boot logo as it can't find any of the default german channels.

You then have to complete the rest of your setup. adding channels. adding epg. adding softcams etc.

To finish the rest of your setup have a look at my setup guide for zgemmas here...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7f8…47McPCYtIifXC63x4X6a?dl=0

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• .and judging by your username, you are probably a vix fan. Openvix doesn't work on these boxes very well as it will be a hacked image. Also if you do find a vix image it will be very old as the latest version doesn't work at all on zgemmas. So it's highly recommended you use openatv on these boxes.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• just to say i have a h2 it was stuck on boot

it must have been like this for a few months

i tried everything on it

reflashing using different images

god knows how many usb sticks guides etc

so just the other night i said ok i will give this a other go

so i used the latest openatv file

flashed the box as soon as boot showed

i removed the usb waiting on it booting up

thought here we go again

so i pushed in the power button at front of the box at same time pressed vol + button

and sure as God

it booted up

once i set it up as KiddaC has posted above

it is now working

again as it is working i took the chance and reflashed with a backup from my other box

this also worked

here was me ready to bin it just shows if you

persevere you never know

• Official Post

inside most of the zgemma flash files is a file called "noforce"

If you rename noforce to force the need to press buttons is removed

Place USB stick in rear port with power off

Turn power on wait 10 minutes

Remove power supply and USB stick

Turn back on.

A USB stick with a light in it...makes it easier to see when the stick is actually in use as its led light will flash....

• I have the same problem like tommy12. Zgemma H2 stucks on boot with green led. I've tried different flash and images.

I don't understand this step:

"thought here we go again

so i pushed in the power button at front of the box at same time pressed vol + button"

I have telnet, ftp on it.

Any help? thanks in advance.

Edited once, last by takada ().

• Official Post

The biggest problem with the zgemma and reflashing is you have to use a good quality usb stick.

If you trying it with a cheap no name unbranded stick it will not work

Like i said above buy a quality stick with a led light in it, that way you can see the stick is working

Format it to fat32 with this low level format tool

http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-LLF-Low-Level-Format-Tool/

copy over the extracted zgemma file and try again

• First attempt was unsuccessfully.

Trying another USB.

The image I'm trying is OpenAtv 6.1...

The STB has received the image, the light on flash was active. I tried different image and boot-logo was different anytime, like image.

I don't think the problem is in procedure of flashing, but I'm trying anything. Thanks.

After Lowlevel format, windows ask to format the flash. I've agreed.

Edited once, last by takada: I have 3 Zgemma STB, and all of that were flashed with any of mine usb flash. Never had this problem. With this STB: it was off, and then on and is stuck on Boot. I don't remember it was red/green led at the beginning, but now it is green led. ().

• So, I've tried all usb flash that I have. All were low-level formatted with that tool.

Something interesting that I've observe: When it is on, red light is on with boot and very very quick it is green. On another good zgemma that I have, the red light is longer up with boot, than it is green and there are numbers of loading.

The bad stb red light is very shortly...

Maybe I have to try flash bootloader?

• Official Post

So, I've tried all usb flash that I have. All were low-level formatted with that tool.

Something interesting that I've observe: When it is on, red light is on with boot and very very quick it is green. On another good zgemma that I have, the red light is longer up with boot, than it is green and there are numbers of loading.

The bad stb red light is very shortly...

Maybe I have to try flash bootloader?

yes, it is worth a try. Flash the bootloader (it only takes about 10 seconds to flash)

turn off power, then flash an image right after

(please make sure when you are flashing the box, you have disconnected all other items... HDMI, ethernet cable, hard drive, satellite feeds etc etc)

• Unsuccessful.

Another thing:

The light on the usb memory (I tried 2 different) is flashing (in use) and after 3 min it is simply On (not flashing)

I think the process of flashing STB doesn't finish.

Could I delete everything on the STB with telnet/ftp and the try to flash?

• i do not know if you are trying to flash the box with a backup from your working zgemma

if you are

try below

also if you are using the latest release for openatv again reflash using the bootloader first

then flash the image

if it does indeed bootup it will not take you long to set it up use the guide above by KiddaC

i agree with jenseneverest regarding the quality of usb flash sticks

as i said above i had the very same issue but i do have that box working now it has been updsated to openatv latest image

they are no harm in trying above you have nothing to loose

some things work for others some do not

but if we do get our issues fixed

then at the end of the day we have a working box again

the things above are what i tried

and it worked ,now maybe it was because i reflashed the bootloader

or maybe it was the way i set up the flash to usb

sorry but at the end of the day all i know is my box does work

step 1 format usb to fat 32

step 2 send the extracted zgemma folder to usb do not drag

step 3 make new folder on desktop then send it to usb

step 4 open zgemma folder and send sh1 to usb again do not drag

step 5 delete zgemma folder

step 6 send sh1 to new folder

step 7 rename new folder to zgemma

seems a lot to do but it only takes a few mins as i said no harm in trying

• I've tried everything I could. I think the problem is that the flashing process is stuck after 2-3 min (the light on usb stops to flash, just light). Something is wrong with memory in STB. I think it need JTAG or something like that. I can connect to STB via telnet/ftp. Maybe I can delete everything from STB? I've tried, but without any result.

• hello sorry for jump in i had that myself i i found pulling the hole box apart front cover fix it it was the par button on the front the box put it in to a boot loop

• dose any 1 no where i get a stag for a zgemma h2 as this 1 well not take a flash its par up and saying flash but had in on for 24 hours and nothing tried all different use images etc so if any1 where i could get i and the program to jtag it would help me a lot thanks again

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!