Cable SS HD Issues

There are 35 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,688 times. The last Post () by codar.

• Was only a matter of time

TBH tandberg is the killer blow...

Not sure about your Tandberg theory...

However it would be great if we can have input from our leciester users...ie check all standard and hd boxes if channels operate without a viewing card.......scientific atlanic (Samsung SMT-H3110)

ETC

• Unfortunately it’s not going to be sorted. VM are phasing out their smartcards with caid 1850 internally on all decoders including Cisco.

So no card means no cardshare

Just depends if they wanna do this on all channels. Time will tell but I suspect they will.

there still emulating a card when no card pressent ,

what there using to do this on the stb would be nice to know,

ANd what stb are capible of doing it,

Dont know what debug tools are used now adays but sure ther will sone somewhere otherwise cs woukd not be active just now .

Not looked at vermin for years but intrested in what you all find out

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• the VHD cisco 4585 needs a card to work and won't work without a card so that defeats your theory .

and can i ask what proof do you have that this so called new encryption is sent thou the netid freq?????

as for caid 1850 it been used for a year along side the caid 1841 so it's not something new

• Hi guys' it sounds as though its a sign of things to come then' im in 00010 area teeside and over the last week or so my ecm times have been awful' not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

it would have nothing to do with it as my ecm times on cable "h2h box" have always been low to high

• Hi guys' it sounds as though its a sign of things to come then' im in 00010 area teeside and over the last week or so my ecm times have been awful' not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

it would have nothing to do with it as my ecm times on cable "h2h box" have always been low to high

alright' im not that really clued up when it comes to cs but it dont sound great does it judging by the comments

alright' im not that really clued up when it comes to cs but it dont sound great does it judging by the comments

but nothing ever does but hey keep :)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• hi

there is nothing speciall about the cable tv in uk just begin of patching security now just after sky attack , in every countries deffected by chipset pairing and other security measures for keept a whole market stable they cant patch security just in sky and leave opened cable tv

and even if cable operator has still some boxes with externall smartcards - those smartcards will be replaced to the merlin and run with cak7 kernel at the beginning of next year or even at the end of current year , some people have done some of sattelite providers running with merlin but they are using old cwpk keys extracted from old receivers unfortunatelly almost all cable operators does not have old boxes with needed data to get so this will be totall game over with them :(

• hi

there is nothing speciall about the cable tv in uk just begin of patching security now just after sky attack , in every countries deffected by chipset pairing and other security measures for keept a whole market stable they cant patch security just in sky and leave opened cable tv

and even if cable operator has still some boxes with externall smartcards - those smartcards will be replaced to the merlin and run with cak7 kernel at the beginning of next year or even at the end of current year , some people have done some of sattelite providers running with merlin but they are using old cwpk keys extracted from old receivers unfortunatelly almost all cable operators does not have old boxes with needed data to get so this will be totall game over with them :(

Yup.. cak7 has been used in certain countries as an anti-cs measure for a couple of years now with nagravision and has been succesful so far as the algorithm is so far unknown...cak7 = new pairing method between card and reciever.. however in the uk stbs are being activated without the use of smartcards so there is no need to change pairing methods whatsoever.

As far as i can see without proper logs it looks like they have changed caids internally on the decoders only so far and thats enough to stop cs on the provider as there is no card to find algorithms for, or use in any way.

Caid 1841 rom180 was a basterdised combination of nagravision and seca but you are correct as it is otherwise known as merlin... or nagra 3 in the world of us guys.

• so are people still missing certain channels in leciester area then or are they back' how come its only happened in that area so far. im in 00010 area and its been ok up to now but im not gonna hold my breath too long.

• Just strange how its not been rolled out anywhere else apart from Leicester!!!

nah how it rolls out every time there is changes area by area ;)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• Sorry just seen this bro

Which area are you in tho 4th_gen ...i have no evidence whatsoever, just what i can gather for us mere mortal peeps mate thats all.

As i said what i have gathered so far is that even lines from carded boxes wont work in the affected area so it kinda points to streams Leicester areas are allowing or not allowing at present.

I am aware of caid 1850 being present for a while, its obviously when they want to change things that matters on third party boxes that affects us.

Let me know your area(netid) 4th_gen

Cheers

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!