Sky Q conflict with Vu Duo2

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,817 times. The last Post () by TH3-J0K3R.

• I have a problem that is more irritating than an actual problem. Maybe someone can help solve it for me. In my bedroom I have a Vu Duo2 which is hooked up to a motorised dish. I also have a Sky Q mini running with a full multiroom package. Now these both work perfectly well in the bedroom. I also have both of these boxes connected via 2 HDMI cables to my projector in my downstairs mancave for the big screen experience. Here is my problem. In the bedroom I can have both boxes on and view whichever one I want by switching between the HDMI channels on my TV. However, if I try this with the projector downstairs, the Sky Mini loses it`s signal. I have to turn off the Vu Duo to get the sky signal back. I know that the Sky Mini is actually streaming the channels to my TV/projector and is not connected to a satellite dish. So this must somehow be the cause of the problem. But why does it work no problem upstairs? The Vu Duo is connected by a powerline and the Sky Mini is on WIFI on my home network. They are also connected each by 10M HDMI cables to the downstairs projector.

Bo.

• Update:

For anyone with the same problem. I have found the issue. It is clearly a networking/ bandwidth problem. I had my Vu Duo2 connected by an ethernet cable and my Sky Q mini connected by WIFI. I now have both of them connected by ethernet cables and now there is no conflict.

Happy days again.

bo.

• one wonders what channel the mini works on for wifi if its the same as your networks or diff in poss the outage issue

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• I tried different channels in my router wifi settings, it made no difference I still had issues. But now both boxes are connected by cables, through homeplugs, and there is no issue.

bo.

yeah i see that in thats tiptop :)

i just have issues with tissues (asperger's)
    that make me wonder why CAT5 sorts it ;)

might open some eyes to changes with Q system ;)

gota <3 changes bring new openings noticed by whats closed L:)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• aye thats ma day right there :P

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• I have seen countless issues with sky q mini boxes connected via wifi and the way to sort it is the way bodiddly has sorted his via hardwire.

The mad thing is...sly recommend and seem god dalm intent in telling us to connect via wifi as they believe its better... someone needs their baws felt at sly as its just stupid.

Anyway wifi is old technology...the sooner bluetooth is incorporated into our routers/xboxes/remote controls etc the better

• bt is old tech to in reality i mind when brit telcoms was going to put bt in every cab n pit in uk so your landline number with extra digit at end was a mobile cobecting to bt outside about ten yeats ago if not longer , bt hacking works worked well to last tike i checked but that was 2.0 tbh last i checked

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!