Flashexpander Plugin

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 19,841 times. The last Post () by Panda555.

• Official Post

Flashexpander Plugin

changes:

FE
    added a modified FlashExpander which is deleting directories in /usr to get more free Flash memory

############################################################ #############################

Extend your Flash memory to an USB memory stick:

1. add an empty USB memory stick to your box (be aware the content will be deleted)

2. prepare your USB memory stick for FlashExpander
    Menu
    Setup
    System
    Storage device
    choose your USB memory stick which you want to use for FlashExpander
    (be aware the content will be deleted)
    Red Button: Initialize
    after the USB memory stick is formatted do not mount it

3. Reboot your box (this is important also if you just use an already ext3 or ext4 formatted USB memory stick without initialize)

4. Extend your Flash memory using FlashExpander
    Menu
    Plugins
    Start Flashexpander
    choose your USB memory device and start the copy process
    (this takes a few minutes)
    a message will appear to restart the box

5. check if FlashExpander is working
    Menu
    Plugins
    Start Flashexpander

6. now you should have plenty of free Flash memory

New installed Plugins will be installed on extended Flash on USB

• Hi there,I followed all thing you wrote it here,but after flashexpander ask to reboot now,I reboot it and it makes infinite loop on the left corner.

I'm using 16gb stick,with openpli 6.1 image,dm800 hd se clone 210 bootloader.

Thanks forward for the answers

• Mount your USB/SATA devices with Mount Manager!

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• "Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• master G

Added the Label FlashExpander
  • master G

Changed the title of the thread from “Flashexpander Plugin” to “Flashexpander Plugin”.
  • Good evening to everyone,

I want to install the Kodi plug-in on my Vu+ UNO 4K SE - OpenAtv, version 6.3.

The internal memory is too small for Kodi plug-in, so therefore I’ve installed a external hdd memory Western hdd through a usb-2 cable, with his own power supply.

So, I connected the hdd to the usb port of the receiver, initialise it, mount it and updated to ext.4

Supposing that Kodi plug-in is directly related to the internal sofware of my receiver, I expanded the flash memory of the receiver on the external hdd with flashexpander plug-in.

This gives the possibility ( in my believing) to copy/ implement the receiver content/ software on the hdd, so Kodi plug-in wouldn’t have problems with the legacy or recognition of my receiver through the hdd.

Please don’t ask why I don’t use the caddy from my receiver.

Issue which I’m experiencing:

After installing the flashexpander extension plug-in from online software menu, I’ve noticed the next day that the updates for my receiver are not accessible anymore .

To be more precise, on my receiver, after going to the software online update, I get the message that the updates are not available.

I experience this issue for 1 week already.

I want to mention that before installing the flashexpander plug-in, when I’ve checked manually the updates, almost every day where updates available.

So, I’m curious if are more persons whom experienced the same issue and eventually have a solution for this?

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thank you.

:80:

• the title is right,

now if you want version 0.33 ........click on the attachment ff39aa2be066869fa.gif

Good evening enigma 1969,

I see that the flashexpander is made in 2017 and in between became version 1.

I have few questions:

1. Can I use this plug-in with a internal ssd of 250 Gb - mounted on Vu+ uno 4 k se

2. The last time when I used this plug-in, on a external 1Tb hdd, all the updates are automatically switched off. I there a possibility that the plug-in have influenced other Openatv 6.4 programs ?

3. Is the latest plug-in version accessible from the online software manager ?

Thank you in advance.

• Official Post

Just to answer some of your questions.

Plugin is old because only old STB's with small flashmemory needs this plugin.

You really don't need a flashexpander plugin if you have a Vu+Uno4Kse that STB have more then enough space for Kodi and lots of other plugins.

FlashExpander is needed for older Boxes like Vu+Uno/zero/duo and of cause other old STB's.

If you still want to add some plugins to an external device and have a Vu+ you should install and use OpenMultiboot.

With OpenMultiboot you can install a full image to your external device. Or even multiple images to the same device to test some other images

without the need to reflash you Vu+.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• Thanks master G , i have follow all the instruction on flashexpander and everything is fine but after copied of file into USB and rebooting still and nothing can be if my box is not back from booting what i want to know is that ls the booting always takes long minutes after normal booting my box is 800SE clone with pli 9.3.

What i am trying to install is abertis package in which my box memory cannot occupy the 4M of OSCAM.

Also which image is compatible with abertis package for easy installation.

• You probably didn't do it right. Did you follow the instructions in the first post. I used this plugin a long time ago and was not very satisfied. Try the Pluginskinmover plugin, which has the same purpose and is much simpler. Otherwise, both plugins must be installed on a clean image.

Also , in your second screenshot mount media / hdd is OK , but must be initialized as ext4 ( Type: ext 4 )

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!