Native BBC Iplayer enigma2 bouquets plugin...

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,795 times. The last Post () by harley22.

• Right..

Sorry i posted an intro a while ago but didnt want to mention what i'd been up to, until i had fully completed more testing....

So i was frushtrated with the fact you couldnt reliably get ondemand on enigma2, i'd tested the kodi addons but wanted something more... user friendly for the wife.

I did some reading and saw the github project "get_iplayer" which had the ability to get BBC Iplayer stream URL's. So i set about writing something for enigma2 to use this. Initially i tried to get the box itself to run get_iplayer and use a simple python web server to forward requests to the URL provided by get_iplayer. In thoery this works very well however.. one perl module required for get_iplayer would not build for MIPS. After a couple of days of compiling from source again and again i gave it. I decided we needed a server to do the heavy lifting and just provide a bouquet to boxes.

The end result is this..

GitHub - louisvarley/enigma2-ondemand-to-iptv-extension: uses various modules to generate IPTV bouquets of all programs listed from various on-demand services
    uses various modules to generate IPTV bouquets of all programs listed from various on-demand services - GitHub -…
    github.com

this is installed one a server such as ubuntu, and starts a simple python web server. it uses an internal nosql database to store all EPG, title and URL's

the indexing of, is run by a cron on the server every hour. You can then hit up another URL to ask the server to give you it's most recent bouquet file.

i've got this running on OpenATV but the server does the main bulk of the work. I have a server running but need to sort out something cost effective for me to run something long term. If people want to use this, i can look at a public one, otherwise i will keep within my local area network.

This is an example of a bouquet generated by the script.

https://gist.github.com/SEAL-team-ricks/d647d29bf1834e7ee7f26ba57983d7e8

You can download that and use as a working bouquet. Bear in mind this is static, ones generated by the server are dynamic and pick up new programs.

This is the script you want to run on your box, to download the latest bouquets

enigma2-ondemand-to-iptv-extension/Ondemand.sh at master · louisvarley/enigma2-ondemand-to-iptv-extension
    uses various modules to generate IPTV bouquets of all programs listed from various on-demand services - louisvarley/enigma2-ondemand-to-iptv-extension
    github.com

I have a server currently running at 185.30.212.145 but it's not production, so i cant ensure its up and useable, but by all means, grab a bouquet using the script and test it.

Here is a quick video of it working...

Going to http://185.30.212.145/iplayer/…,cbeebies,alba,parliament

will show you the most recent bouquet. Ondemand.sh merely downloads this, adds entry to your bouquet list and refreshes list.

What i would still like to do...

- Create some sort of custom EPG feed (the server grabs epg but doesnt use it yet)

- Have the server download all thumbnails and zip them, allow the boxes to download these to use for picons

- Look into what other services could be added, the script is moduler so i can add additonal ondemand services

• Looks great and I would love to be able to install on my Windows server and Zgemma H2.S enigma2 box but can't quite figure out what to put where.

Sorry if I appear a bit dim but any advice would be most welcome.

• Sorry but I cannot get this to work. In fact I used PUTTY to try to install E2iPlayer but that does not work either.is
    I have two boxes - both enigma2. One is TM TWIN OE satelite and the other is a XTREND ET8000. The latter does NOT allow install of anything. I used putty to install E2iPlayer but no luck. I rebooted it and it is just the same as it was beforehand.

Please help Thanks.

And how do I intall that .sh file mentioned in this thred with PUTTY? Thanks

• Official Post

Support for this plugin died very quickly after it was released.

I just tested BBCIPlayer on E2IPlayer plugin and its working.

1b3e8446189265ead63bc39.png

Download latest E2iPlayer here -> E2iPlayer aka IPTVPlayer plugin

Extract attachment with winrar or 7-zip

With an FTP tool send the IPTVPlayer folder to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions

Restart the receiver.

Or install an old ipk then do an online plugin update.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!