Enigma2 1080 Skin Converter

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 23,055 times. The last Post () by Ado Alisic.

• Enigma2 1080 Skin Converter (Version 1.04)

9edabfee1ec0e3b46.png

Welcome to my Enigma2 skin converter.

Please note, although this program attempts to automate the process as much as possible, some manually tweaks will always be needed.

Also if upsizing a skin, the graphics are naturally going to look softer and less sharp. Recreate them higher res or ask the skin author. :S

How to use.

Install a skin of your choice on your box then via ftp or samba download the skin folder to your computer.

Select an input folder. Select an optional output folder. Press the convert button of your choice. Note that if you select the same input and output folder this will overwrite all the files, so make sure you are working on a backup folder if this is the case.

You can manually select which elements you want to convert, but unless your are testing the functionality of the program, it is highly recommended to keep everything selected.

There is a test checkbox bottom right, that will fill all the converted values to "00000". This makes it easy to see what elements will actually be changed before you do your proper conversion.

On selecting this test option the program will display an error after the conversion as no valid skin size will be found. This is expected behaviour.

The program works by looking in skin.xml for the vres value to determine the size of the skin. If this cannot be found then it will ask you to manually select the size of the skin to work with. This means you can convert non standard skin folders that might not live in the same root folder. For example Vix Common folders.

On manually selecting a size, after the conversion it will again ask you to input the size. (as it reloads the skin when finished) This second message request will be the size after you converted it.

Finally upload the contents of your converted folder back to your box.

---

Let me know if you find any bugs or strange behaviour.

Also note that this program cannot resize elements that are sized in python components or for skins that are built via plugins or scripts.

---

please see additional notes on the following posts to amend paramaters, autoresize() applet, choice and message boxes.

Enjoy.

Not bad for a 1 week project ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version 1.01

Fixed center, start, end position offsets.

Fixed Clock/Record/Zap icons on EPGs.

Version 1.02

Added in corrupt PNG message.

Version 1.03

?

Version 1.04

Removed 4K option. There is no need for it and its confusing people

Allowed fonts with numbers and hyphens in the name to be included.

Added in png:n,n used on some old skins for the progress slider.

• My skins override plugin browsers with parameters in the skin.xml file.

for example.

<parameter name="PluginBrowserIcon" value="15,8,150,60" /> <!-- plugins main icon -->

<parameter name="PluginBrowserName" value="180,5,45" /> <!-- plugins name -->

<parameter name="PluginBrowserDescr" value="180,42,30" /> <!-- plugins description -->

<parameter name="PluginBrowserDownloadIcon" value="15,0,90,75" /> <!-- plugins + - boxed icon -->

<parameter name="PluginBrowserDownloadName" value="120,5,45" /> <!-- plugins download name - see font alias PluginBrowser0 -->

<parameter name="PluginBrowserDownloadDescr" value="120,42,30" /> <!-- plugins download description -see font alias PluginBrowser1 -->

So if these parameter values don't exist in the skin your converting you would have to manually add them.

Skinners should be taking advantage of the parameter values as there purpose is to override the default sizes set in the python components.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

Edited 2 times, last by KiddaC ().

• <screen name="ChoiceBox" ....

if your choicebox screen in your skin uses

<applet type="onLayoutFinish">self.autoResize()</applet>

change it to below to be scalable until the image builders update their autoresize functions.

Inner applet code must be flush to the left in your xml code.

i.e

Code
    <applet ...
    from enigma....

not

Code
    <applet ...
        from enigma....

New code

also add in an itemHeight to the ChoiceBox screen.

<screen name="ChoiceBox" ...

<widget name="list" ... itemHeight="30" ... />

then in skin.xml add in the parameter values if they don't already exist by the skin designer.

for example

<parameter name="ChoicelistDash" value="x,y,w,h"/>

<parameter name="ChoicelistName" value="x,y,w,h"/>

<parameter name="ChoicelistIcon" value="x,y,w,h"/>

which in one of my skins will be

<parameter name="ChoicelistDash" value="0,2,800,30"/>

<parameter name="ChoicelistName" value="45,2,800,30"/>

<parameter name="ChoicelistIcon" value="10,3,25,25"/>

A quick way of testing your choice box is to press the record button on live tv.

6442fde889e35892c11b39.png

Edited once, last by KiddaC ().

• <screen name="MessageBox" ....

and

<screen name="MessageBoxSimple" ....

as found on record button, start recording.

and once recording has started... try restart your gui.

44240559aa0af68.png

if your messagebox screen in your skin uses

<applet type="onLayoutFinish">self.autoResize()</applet>

change it to below to be scalable until the image builders update their autoresize functions. ( i think this will work )

Edited 4 times, last by KiddaC ().

• The original converter did have an option for 4k.

I was adviced by many that this was not needed as even 4k boxes don't do 4k skins. Just 4k streams.

You also have to take into account many of the python components on your box were designed for 720 skins.

Lots have them haven't been updated for 1080skins. And there is none that I know off that have been scaled up to 4k.

a 1080 skin looks perfectly good on 4k boxes and larger tv screens.

• I recently amended this to be used by seagen for some dreambox work to create wqhd skins. 2560x1440

He said it was pretty much perfect for that work. With very little intervention needed.

So here is that modded version if its any use to anyone.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

And this windows app is 4 years old. I haven't changed anything in it since then.
    So no idea how outdated it is with newer images.

• New Version 1.05

Fixed gfonts

Added in dreambox <components> values

Hi

Nice work, I must appreciate.

I have converted skin_default to FHD.

Thanks to your above posts, MessageBox issues are resolved.

Still font sizes of some screens are still very small.

I need your favor for correction of this issue.

Regards

• te screen <screen name="UserInterfacePositioner" (2 screen have)
    widget name = config

but I don't think you can adjust anything unless you add tags to the widget config

eg.:

<widget name="config" position="30,123" size="990,774" itemHeight="45" font="Regular;30"

• Official Post

The problem when converting most hd skin is that they all get their component sizes from the python code.

So there are no values to upscale.

In your example Lululla is correct you need to add your own value for the font size and also the itemHeight

In all config list.

Find the Screen named Setup in your skin.xml there you find this code

<widget name="config" position="0,135" size="840,495" transparent="0" enableWrapAround="1" scrollbarMode="showOnDemand" />

As you can see it does not have any values for itemHeigt or font size, Hence it will use this values from the configlist python code.

Add the itemHeight and font size provided by lululla and all your E2 settings screens should look OK.

<widget name="config" position="0,135" size="840,495" itemHeight="45" font="Regular;30" transparent="0" enableWrapAround="1" scrollbarMode="showOnDemand" />

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• New Version 1.06

Fixed "secondfont" being converted twice.

Hello Kiddac. is it possible to convert HD skin to FULL HD skin without losing all the parameters and sizes in HD skin. I mean, i converted it with your converter and it loos great, but now are a bit of thing prety small, pluginbrowser icons, letter sizes. e2iplayer subtitles etc.

• This software basically does 95% of the work for you. There is always some manual amends needed.

Me personally I make a copy of the orginal skin files and graphics.

Then you can just copy of any old ones you want back.

Plugin browser icons will be in the plugin files. Not your skin

3rd party plugins that are not skinned in your skin files (i.e. e2iplayer) will not be effected in any way by this converter.

The skins for that plugin will be in those plugin files.

• Thanks for your reply. Actually i converted it and affected pretty much all of the stuff, plugin browser, e2iplayer subtitles etc. Actually, it should be as you said, but that happend to me. Any ideas?

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X Class, X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!