Sly and Vermin cards

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,051 times. The last Post () by pauldb.

• Hi, I'm not interested in getting any paid channels for free, I bought my GM triplex to get FTA foreign channels when I was learning Spanish.

Now my Sly box is playing up and I wanted to know if I can put my legit paid for card in my GM box. I also have my broadband with Vermin and the TV comes with the package but the box isn't even plugged in because I have no space! Can i put that card in too? I am not sure if there is anything extra on it, but I do pay for it so why not!

It would be great if I had just one box under the TV.

I hope you can help point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

• Official Post

Now my Sly box is playing up and I wanted to know if I can put my legit paid for card in my GM box

For sky it depends whether its a white or red card and if its been in the official sky HD receiver. The majority of premium channels are paired to the official receiver. Only a few channels like BT Sport, MTV are available. All sky sports and movies are gone. Has been this way for well over a year.

I also have my broadband with Vermin and the TV comes with the package but the box isn't even plugged in because I have no space! Can i put that card in too

Vermin does work in third party receivers, but you need the rsa key, which is difficult to acquire. You need to remove the chip from the vermin box and use programming equipment to decipher the info.

• It's a white card, I don't have movies or sport, just a family package.

Your card will be paired to the official reciever although that should not matter in your situation with an entertainment/family package because afaik those channels are not paired to any reciever since even as far back to when sky digital was launched in 1998.

However i,m not familiar with your box which after looking at it has no card reader or enigma based so i,m not sure if you can run the card in that.

• It's an Amiko Alien 2 + with a different badge. running spark and enigma2 and it has two card slots.

you are wasting your time with the cards, theres is not much left on the sly platform that isnt available via free sat apart from the few bt sport ,w and a few others (use abm and set for region custom and you will see what channels are available), the vm card wont work in it either, the only other route is card sharing with your friends

• It's an Amiko Alien 2 + with a different badge. running spark and enigma2 and it has two card slots.

Heap of shite then:-)

pauldb there is plenty left still on 28.2, discovery,disco turbo.itv2/3/4 hd, kids channels, MUTV HD,boxnation, racing uk hd,premier sports, bt sports,eir sports and more so not just a few.

yeh true, but he wanted to use his sly card, i very much doubt he has bt sports, mutv,box nation racing etc, in his family package ,he would be better off getting another sly hd box if he wanted to use his card

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!