2 OSCAM 1 Set Top Box, how???

There are 113 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 13,334 times. The last Post () by sagher.

• I am sorry that I been posting little binaries my self. Not seen fegol files either. Still using my verr BAD Mechanic Hat.

"how do I use this, or how do I transfer this to my box?? just by copy pasting it???"

My experience is that unless new tvheadend modify a new thing in the web info, what I do is just replace the binary file "tvheadend". Just like in oscam. This is the easy way to test. Once we know it is what we need then I remove all package and reinstall a new one as a full package..

As for toolchain I am going some test to try to ensure less error while compiling. See problem is that your developer have made a little Frankenstein. It has part from various different sources. Just give me time to test and I will offer a nice solution. I had build using different toolchain. Some show somw issue other anther one,

fegol You could also post your build way.

• I still working under my truck sorry.

DANNYPS4 you never mention if with the original oscam/tvheadend you could open pvu encrypted channels. Did i you had audio? If you did then tvheadend should had some sort of fix for extended cw. Now to be honest I only made it work with old joeusercz version. I bet you I was missing a setting with the Main official tvheadend release .

I am hoping to hear from you that you did or not had audio in pvu with original software.

• I still working under my truck sorry.

DANNYPS4 you never mention if with the original oscam/tvheadend you could open pvu encrypted channels. Did i you had audio? If you did then tvheadend should had some sort of fix for extended cw. Now to be honest I only made it work with old joeusercz version. I bet you I was missing a setting with the Main official tvheadend release .

I am hoping to hear from you that you did or not had audio in pvu with original software.

with the original I'm able to see powervu, but like I said before, that OSCAM is old and it was hard to keep the same rythim as the rest of the boxes, now thanks to the team of OSEbuild I can get it going

• "with the original I'm able to see powervu"

Did you had audio in pvu? I guess when you said you where able to see you also means hear too.

"now thanks to the team of OSEbuild I can get it going"

This means that at the moment you had it working with the latest Oscam+EMU Patch.

I guess then, what you are looking is how to compiled yourself? Then this means it is unimportant for me to test it. What you are interested is to compile new oscam yourself.

HEHEHE. I am sorry this seems odd to me. I ask your own questions and answers.

Boy you need to be more expressive so that I can understand how I can help you better.

As for compile I had very little time today as I was working in the truck. Last night all my attempt to make it more nice failed. I wonder.

I guess I will try another of the correct way. But If I fail I will show you what I did ti make it going even when it is not to nice. Hope to post soon.

• you are rigth one every words of your statement, I wanted to be able to do it my self, so I don't have to depent on no one... but don't worry, we can keep working together

Thanks.

• I did spent about 24 hours trying to create and compile system that can work easy with little effort with many future program not just oscam. But to be honest I failed.

So I will switch then to show official way witch is dynamically link to

• NEEDED libm.so
    • NEEDED libdl.so
    • NEEDED libc.so

It is been mention that target devices running on Lollipop (5.0+) the binaries will not run unless they are Position Independent Executable (PIE). Thanks to fegol for asking me to look in this hints.

It seems that to make compatible with latest android version, oscam is been using gcc4.9!! So I am not sure if files will be compatible with the 4.8 gcc on U5PVR. So you need to try it yourself and let us know.

On later tutorial I will show you what I did to make a static and 4.8 gcc.

Official 4.9 oscam compilation for android:

Please notice that all this info is not new and it is posted in this same forum on many tutorials. I am only giving steps by steps tutorial for U5PVR. Adjusted/C&P from and many others. Look in this forum tutorial area.

_https://linuxsat-support.com/thread/114099-how-to-oscam-mipsel-build/

_http://tekreaders.com/blog/2017/02/25/compiling-oscam-for-android/

Lets download some prerequisites

• #sudo apt-get update
    • #sudo apt-get install build-essential libssl-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libexpat1-dev gettext unzip git subversion dialog

Lets crate a directory structure where to save and work

• #mkdir $HOME/workspace
    • #mkdir $HOME/workspace/U5PVR
    • #mkdir $HOME/workspace/U5PVR/U5PVR_toolchain
    • #mkdir $HOME/workspace/U5PVR/U5PVR_toolchain/android13b24gcc4.9
    • #mkdir $HOME/workspace/U5PVR/HiOSCAM-master

android-ndk-r13b:

Notice: android13b24gcc4.9 means "Android NDK13b" / API24 / gcc4.9

https://developer.android.com/ndk/downloads/older_releases or do

Extract the NDK

• #unzip android-ndk-r13b-linux-x86_64.zip -d /tmp

Build the tool chain

• #cd /tmp/android-ndk-r13b/build/tools
    • #./make_standalone_toolchain.py --arch arm --api 24 --install-dir $HOME/workspace/U5PVR/U5PVR_toolchain/android13b24gcc4.9

So if you notice we are going to keep ONLY less that 300 MiB of the Total 3.2 GiB of Full android-ndk-r13b. The rest will be gone after new boot up as it is on /tmp.

OpenSSL:

• #cd $HOME/workspace/U5PVR
    • #wget http://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-1.0.1g.tar.gz
    • #tar -xf openssl-1.0.1g.tar.gz
    • #cd openssl-1.0.1g
    • #export TOOLCHAIN=$HOME/workspace/U5PVR/U5PVR_toolchain/android13b24gcc4.9
    • #export CC=$TOOLCHAIN/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc
    • #export RANLIB=$TOOLCHAIN/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-ranlib
    • #./Configure --prefix=$TOOLCHAIN/sysroot/usr android
    • #make
    • #make install_sw

Please notice last steps are done only once.

Then the next steps you do then every time you want to recompile a new version.

OSCAM:

To get info from the files we just build do

• #cd $HOME/workspace/U5PVR/oscam-svn/Distribution
    • #file oscam-1.20_svn11431-arm-linux-androideabi-ssl-static

You get something like this:

oscam-1.20_svn11431-arm-linux-androideabi-ssl-static: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, ARM, EABI5 version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /system/bin/linker, stripped

#objdump -x Distribution/oscam-1.20_svn11431-arm-linux-androideabi-ssl-static | grep NEEDED

• NEEDED libm.so
    • NEEDED libdl.so
    • NEEDED libc.so

Next time I will post how to build with gcc 4.8.

• Modified installation to try to compile for gcc 4.8:

This was done last time

Code
    Lets download some prerequisites

#sudo apt-get update#sudo apt-get install build-essential libssl-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libexpat1-dev gettext unzip git subversion dialog

Lets crate a directory structure where to save and work
    #mkdir $HOME/workspace#mkdir $HOME/workspace/U5PVR#mkdir $HOME/workspace/U5PVR/U5PVR_toolchain#mkdir $HOME/workspace/U5PVR/HiOSCAM-master

New steps to do.

• #mkdir $HOME/workspace/U5PVR/U5PVR_toolchain/android10d9gcc4.8

android-ndk-r10d:

Notice android10d9gcc4.8 means NDK10d / API9 / gcc4.8

Now we will need to download android ndk. I believe the last ndk with gcc 4.8 was android-ndk-r10d. This toolchain is from android developers, so it is huge about 3.3 GiB . Lets get only the toolchain we need about 295 MiB. So we will extract temporarily to tmp the we install or stand alone toolchain only.

https://developer.android.com/ndk/downloads/older_releases or do

Extract the NDK

• #chmod a+x android-ndk-r10d-linux-x86.bin
    • #./android-ndk-r10d-linux-x86.bin -o/tmp

Build the tool chain

• #cd /tmp/android-ndk-r10d
    • #build/tools/make-standalone-toolchain.sh --toolchain=arm-linux-androideabi-4.8 --platform=android-9 --install-dir=$HOME/workspace/U5PVR/U5PVR_toolchain/android10d9gcc4.8

So if you notice we are going to keep ONLY 295 MiB of the Total 3.2 GiB of Full android-ndk-r10d. The rest will be gone after new boot up as it is on /tmp.

OpenSSL:

• #wget http://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-1.0.1g.tar.gz
    • #tar -xf openssl-1.0.1g.tar.gz
    • #cd openssl-1.0.1g
    • #export TOOLCHAIN=$HOME/workspace/U5PVR/U5PVR_toolchain/android10d9gcc4.8
    • #export CC=$TOOLCHAIN/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc
    • #export RANLIB=$TOOLCHAIN/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-ranlib
    • #./Configure --prefix=$TOOLCHAIN/sysroot/usr android
    • #make
    • #make install_sw

Please notice last steps are done only once. The next spteps you do then every time you want to recompile a new version.

OSCAM:

Please notice that as it is without manually changing anything we will get Error in compilation see:

Next time I will manipulate the source to make it compile.

• So If you are here is because you want to compile latest oscam for 4.8gcc.

Last time we got this error

Code
    tommyDS_hashlin/tommytypes.h:66:2: error: #error Unsupported SIZE_MAX
    #error Unsupported SIZE_MAX

Problem with file in oscam-svn/tommyDS_hashlin/tommytypes.h. To be homest I bet you there is an easy fix some where around. But I am tired of searching the web or making my self a patch.

So Lets delete those files and use the original from the github HiOSCAM SDK. 1rst lets clean the old compilation and make us a backup of the oscam patched.

• #cd $HOME/workspace/U5PVR/oscam-svn
    • #make distclean
    • #tar -czvf oscam-svn-patched.tar.gz oscam-svn

Lets use the old tommyDS_hashlin as the new one result in errors. We may need to deal with it in the future with some patch.

• #rm -r $HOME/workspace/U5PVR/oscam-svn/tommyDS_hashlin

Now lets download the tommyDS_hashlin use by HiOSCAM

You may want to make a backup for the future of that old tommyDS_hashlin

• cd $HOME/workspace/U5PVR/oscam-svn
    • tar -czvf ../tommyDS_hashlin_for4.8gcc.tar.gz tommyDS_hashlin

Lets try again

• #make distclean
    • #make static EXTRA_FLAGS="-fPIE -pie" LIB_RT= LIB_PTHREAD= CROSS=$TOOLCHAIN/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-

This time it compile a 4.8gcc version.

To get info one more time from the files we just do

• #cd $HOME/workspace/U5PVR/oscam-svn/Distribution

• #file oscam-1.20_svn11431-arm-linux-androideabi-ssl-static
    • #objdump -x oscam-1.20_svn11431-arm-linux-androideabi-ssl-static | grep NEEDED

But it still depend on libs

• NEEDED libm.so
    • NEEDED libdl.so
    • NEEDED libc.so

I guess you need to test this version too.

Next time I will post how to build with gcc 4.8 + Static.

• Last time I show you how to overcome the error and compile using 4.8gcc.

Now lets look again at the command we did used in previous example.

• #make static EXTRA_FLAGS="-fPIE -pie" LIB_RT= LIB_PTHREAD= CROSS=$TOOLCHAIN/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-

See how it reads "make static" . And read the output name of the binary:

"oscam-1.20_svn11431-arm-linux-androideabi-ssl-static"

But my friends that is all a lie...... when we check it show that infact it depends on

• NEEDED libm.so
    • NEEDED libdl.so
    • NEEDED libc.so

HEHEHEHE, see this is the problem of this world. We are all feed with constant lies. But all pass without mayor issues just because you only care if you have the latest IPhone.....Even when you had no idea what it is inside of it. Some do not even know how to used it.

In programing is the same. Lies every where. "They" tell you to be safe while in the net, but "they" leave all kind of back doors. Just to manage them-self from far away the latest IPhone you paid to show off. But you did not care to read the License Agreement. Well this problem is in Android too. As kernel.org has been compromised by new members(They) for security issues. Well reasons is real as many are using your phone for banking and even to pay the milk that you wife ask for by phone.

So who are THEY? Well I guess ALL. Originally where the intelligent agency of various countries. But now this day it is not only government but, google, facebook, iphone, samsung and even your mother whats to know what you are doing.

Now lets see how I look at it. This is totally fictitious. Please do not believe all this.

So if you had a program that is static it depends only on itself. But for Them it will be better if your "static" program still depends in the program they control for communications, etc. So Them convince the people that generate toolchains to stop allowing us to create REAL static builds. They will give you all kind of excuses as how you can not build real static programs. SURE....

Now, going back to the problem, lets see where we are at. At most we still need static builds of: libm.so, libdl.so & libc.so. In the other hand, I also wonder why: libpthread.so and librt.so did not show as needed too.

Lets see the last header when compiled,

See how oscam tell us that I did in fact try to configure with "EXTRA_FLAGS=-static". But if you look below "-static" never got to propagate into CFLAGS nor LDFLAGS. It was never used.

Lets try to add "-static" manually at make request by adding EXTRA_FLAGS="-static -fPIE -pie" instead of EXTRA_FLAGS="-fPIE -pie".

• #export TOOLCHAIN=$HOME/workspace/U5PVR/U5PVR_toolchain/android10d9gcc4.8
    • #make distclean
    • #make menuconfig

disable ssl as at the moment do not know how to build statically. Then save

• #make static EXTRA_FLAGS="-static -fPIE -pie" LIB_RT= LIB_PTHREAD= CROSS=$TOOLCHAIN/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-

Lets see the new header:

see now "-static" did propaget to CFLAGS and LDFLAGS. But here we go what I was talking.

We generate errors.

Code
    error: undefined reference to 'dlopen'
    error: undefined reference to 'dlsym'
    error: undefined reference to 'dlclose'
    error: undefined reference to 'dlerror'

Now we need a STATICALLY BUILD "libdl.so" or better known as "libdl.a". If you look in your android toolchains, there is no "libdl.a".

Hahaaaaa. But we can get one from HiOSCAM. Well as we stilling and breaking our toolchain by contaminating it with none official code from google lets add to the other too libpthread.a librt.a. My best guess is that this are all debian arm builds!! Who knows.

Now lest try one more time to compile do not forget to keep ssl disabled, as at the moment do not know how to build statically.

• #make distclean
    • #make static EXTRA_FLAGS="-static -fPIE -pie" LIB_RT= LIB_PTHREAD= CROSS=$TOOLCHAIN/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-
    • #objdump -x Distribution/oscam-1.20_svn11431-arm-linux-androideabi-static | grep NEEDED

see this time our binary do not depends on any else.

Now what next.

1. A truly statically binary is not essential. But if we do not have it statically we need to build it with same version of API/GCC that out Android have.
    2. At the moment I do not know how to build a truly statically SSL
    3. You guys need a patch for oscam, so that your U5PVR hardware gets recognized and used. Like the Card Reader.
  • I been reading in the subject to see if a hack has been develop but have found nothing on the subject.

I guess I have to do a little explanation. My previous post 69, explained how I did got over to build a real static build. But I guess there is an error on this assumption. First I did posted because from the very little explanation I been given back I believe I was told that the code I build previously did run on Android 7. So base on that I decided to publish post 69. But if we follow rule and read again:

"target devices running on Lollipop (5.0+) the binaries will not run unless they are Position Independent Executable (PIE)."

Here is what I need to explain read:

_https://stackoverflow.com/questions/27082959/gcc-static-and-pie-are-incompatible-for-x86

_https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24818902/running-a-native-library-on-android-l-error-only-position-independent-executab/26422855#26422855

_https://stackoverflow.com/questions/27033493/can-we-enable-pie-i-e-position-independent-executables-for-shared-libraries-i

_https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30498776/position-independent-executables-and-android-lollipop

Officially what I did ask you to do is wrong, See how they explain:

Code
    On GNU/Linux a PIE is just an executable shared library.  How would you implement a statically linked PIE?"

read on

_https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2012-02/msg00252.html

So in theory the code in 69 should not execute based on Googles new definitions. As for why I was told it did I do not know.

And I should not do EXTRA_FLAGS="-static -fPIE -pie"

For API < 16 , we can do static, we only need to do

Code
    EXTRA_FLAGS="-static"

And for API >= 16 we need always

Code
    CFLAGS += -fPIE
    LDFLAGS += -fPIE -pie

which by Google's definition No more Static Executable.

As last if not least, NDK claims we should not include -pie in the CFLAGS. So we should not do EXTRA_FLAGS as it propagates both to CFLAGS and LDFLAGS.

That is the official info I got. I did already said that the reason I think it did work is that the libdl.a do not belong to Google code but I guess is a Debian build.

Anyway I thought I should explained as to not having later a big discussion that what I said or did is incorrect.

PD: I see no one has posted any comment after a day!

• I should tell you, it is because you have not started to do your own experiments.

But disregards that. Maybe you have not started due to all the blablabla I added. All that blablabla is supposed to help you understand what every line of Linux code do. Where you are and what next.

Post 66-69 are just different ways to do it. You should have no problem with post 66 as it is the official way. If you can not do 66 then forget 67-69. You are just screw. No that is a joke, but you may need to understand basics concepts. And star asking what you do not understand. So forget 67-69 and concentrate to learn how oscam is compile with Android NDK explained in 66.

This next time just see that you only need to do about 30 Linux commands. This are shown as starting with "#". But I have explained at the beginning of this thread "#" is ONLY shown so that you can easily identify the Linux command against my blablabla. You will ignore that 1rst "#" when C&P.

So go and do step in post 66.

Tell us if you finally can get your

• $HOME/workspace/U5PVR/U5PVR_toolchain/android13b24gcc4.9/Distribution/oscam-1.20_svn11431-arm-linux-androideabi-static

or tell us then where you at, and what command failed. We will help you. No problem.

• I do not have your receiver. So Ultimately you and only you can tell us what did work or not.

Now you still doing it. Respond without answering clearly my questions.

One thing is:

• Did you do post 66?
    • Did you had any trouble?
    • Did you got oscam-1.20_svn11431-arm-linux-androideabi-static?
    • Did you install it?

Then and only them tell me what was the result:

• Did it execute?
    • Did you have WEBIF?
    • What was the output of oscam log?

Now lets speak theoretically. As I all ready say that you and only you can tell us what in reality happened.

Theoretically you are wrong when you say:

"Because it is build without HISILICON support it is build for arm even though HISILICON is a modded arm CPU"

To execute oscam "EMU", and have it decode a PowerVu/Tamberg/Biss crypted signal you do not need any special modded what ever!!!! For the decryption you only need a the original Crypted TS source and Keys. Oscam-emu do not care about any hardware.

Now to have oscam used your hardware like any CA reader, I assume your box has one. Then we need to patch oscam. That patch will allow any special hardware to be added on the make menuconfig and to be build with he compilation.

But You had never mention you are marrying your box to any card?

Lets talk about "HISILICON is a modded arm CPU"

Arm do not build CPU like Intel do. They license their product. So HISILICON pay ARM to allow them to build a using their ARM CPU as base.

Hisilicon Hi3798C V200 is

• CPU ==>Is an ARM quad core Cortex A53 processor. This mean that IT IS and ARM processor not molded but a REAL NICE ARM Little Endian 64 Bit CPU.

And For Graphics they added a

• GPU==> multi-core ARM Mali-T720 processor

So to resume:

OScCam-Emu( the scrambler emulator) do not care about Hilsilicon.

Yes I already mention, If you care about the box own Card Reader a patch has to be build in the future. It should not be to hard to create as we have the original sdk for that.

There is no "modded", but IT IS an ARM quad core Cortex A53 processor. Now sadly I have a felling we are not using its full 64bit potential.

So go do your assignment. And next time respond answering clearly what you got. Step by step. Please understood i am not upset, not trying to get you mad. I am here to help you.

I am working on this NOT for you but I am learning what I need to try to have my Samsung Phone handle a USB PC/SAT card. It just happens that what I did learn helps you too. So why not share with you.

• Not sure if I'm making myself clear, every OSCAM build for Android my box can make It run, however if the DVBAPI is not found the oscam is useless... The bin file wont do what is supposed to do...

This OSCAM won't even see FTA channels, channels without encryption, worse if it is...

Reason why the one build by OSEbuild does the job...

So answerin your question, yes I did it before and I just tried and the same result I got.

• Lest go over your comments. To prove I am listening you. You are saying:

1) "every OSCAM build for Android my box can make It run"

I understand you are talking about a bunch of test you have done where you claim the oscam is execute ( does not fail to start).

2)"however if the DVBAPI is not found the oscam is useless"

I understand you are saying: even when it does start ,"it won't connect to the DVBAPI"

I hope we got over that. But if I still wrong please advice. And I try again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now lets go over my comments.

I do not have your box. So I can not magically produce a Full Proof binary that will work perfect.

How ever I can listen to EXPLICIT results per Step, to determine the cause and try to resolve any issue step by step.

To be honest I still think y9ou have not done Post 66. as you have not answer me:

• Did you do post 66?
    • Did you had any trouble?
    • Did you got oscam-1.20_svn11431-arm-linux-androideabi-static?
    • Did you install it?

• Did it execute?
    • Did you have WEBIF?
    • What was the output of oscam log?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will expect from you to post something like this:

• Did you do post 66? yes
    • Did you had any trouble? no
    • Did you got oscam-1.20_svn11431-arm-linux-androideabi-static? yes
    • Did you install it? yes

• Did it execute? yes
    • Did you have WEBIF? nope
    • What was the output of oscam log? do not have.

see no DVBAPI was involve. We where only knowing if you got a good compile and if oscam did got up and running. So at this step I knew that you know how to compile right from svn and patch so you have emu. But from what you responded previously I am not sure what you did.

Now as for DVBAPI, if that patch was not applied you may not got the defaults. Please edit "config.h" of your oscam.svn and post what it contains here in this thread.

Guessing a reason, may be in the oscan.conf you may need to comment any related to your card reader as in fact this oscam does not have compiled any related to that hardware.

• Men this is weird as you do not like to follow rules. But As I said I am doing it anyway as I am testing all this inside my Samsung Galaxy phone.

So to get your answer instead of using my old Galaxy S1 with an old Android 4.2. I will use instead a Galaxy S5 running Android 5.0 Lolipop. CPU is an Arm Cortex I think A17 made by Qualqum but to all practical porpoise should do the trick. I did test both 4.9 build and the static 4.8. Both do execute nicely. I even tested oscam in my net and it does the job right from the phone.

Regards your time after time DVBAPI version not found. That is created when the oscam config folder is not found. I do not have that issue as I call oscam with explicit config path in the call.

• oscam -c CONFIGPATH -S -d 65535

Now to resolve YOUR DVBAPI problem what you need to do is add an extra commmand just before you do the "make static blabolabla" to build the binary. You need to tell oscam what is your config default folder. You had told me previously that you are now using "/storage/sdcard/OSEbuildOSCam/conf". So you need to do:

• #export CONF_DIR=/storage/sdcard/OSEbuildOSCam/conf

then you do #make static blablabla.

Good luck

• Will do as no one else has shown interest on this. I guess I had gave you, or answer you needs for now. You just have to get some spare time and try for your self. Oscam should work with what i had given. If any and only if you had a physical card reader, then you may require to build a patch for that. Again that has nothing to do with the oscam-emu. I guess any one here can give you a hand with that patch. Enjoy your trip and have a nice week with the one you love.

• Will do as no one else has shown interest on this. I guess I had gave you, or answer you needs for now. You just have to get some spare time and try for your self. Oscam should work with what i had given. If any and only if you had a physical card reader, then you may require to build a patch for that. Again that has nothing to do with the oscam-emu. I guess any one here can give you a hand with that patch. Enjoy your trip and have a nice week with the one you love.

ok my friend, i´m back, let´s make our lives easy, share a *.sh file which I can run under my ubuntu machine and I will post the results and test made with my box here...

why? beause sometimes I can miss spell something or forget to copy and paste a command and the result can vary.

Thanks.

OSCam-EMU Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam-EMU Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!