2 OSCAM 1 Set Top Box, how???

There are 113 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 13,557 times. The last Post () by sagher.

• I been in contact with DANNYPS4 by PM, He still wishes for help.

The maim objective of this thread is that DANNYPS4 has a coupe of U5PVR ( ATV5 vs ATV7), and he wishes to learn how to compile himself a WORKING oscam for his U5PVR that works under Android.

Here is what I understood from him.

At the moment his main complain is that all oscam he build do not work. My best recollection is that he see "...DVBAPI version not found..." message. And he assume is because he still needs a special oscam build for his very very special U5PVR.

Boy in Android we could find all sort of situations, who know he may be correct at the end. But I doubt this is the case as his manufacturer provides freely a way to build oscam with his SDK. At the moment I personally believe most of his oscam build SHOULD work. That the problem is in oscam config or even it files. So his problem may be resolve possibly with something as simple as starting oscam with -c

Code
    oscam -c /storage/sdcard/OSEbuildOSCam/conf

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This time I will go slow even if this takes for ever. I understood he uses Ubuntu.

Lesson #1

I need to make sure he can communicate from Ubuntu to its U5PVR via either "ssh" or "adb". I never done adb with an android tv box but it should be the same.

in Ubuntu open a terminal an do

Code
    sudo apt update
    sudo apt install adb

make sure you have Authorized in your U5PVR

Code
    Settings>Developer options>USB debugging

Now hook a usb cable from your U5PVR to your Ubuntu PC.

Your U5PVR should ask you to authorized this connection. So when message come up please do allow it by accepting new key.

Now In Ubuntu please do

Code
    adb devices

it should list your U5PVR like

Code
    adb devices
    * daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
    * daemon started successfully *
    List of devices attached
    12345678        device

Now to get access to a regular android shell prompt do:

Code
    adb shell
    shell@klte:/ $

To get supper uiser access now then do

Code
    shell@klte:/ $ su
    su
    root@klte:/ #

Please notice how prompt change from

Code
    shell@klte:/ $

to

Code
    root@klte:/ #

Please ignore "klte" that is just because I am using mg ATT S5 phone as reference. Maybe you get "U5PVR" or similar. The important is

Code
    shell ==>  $

or

Code
    root ==> #

see one is regular the other is "root".

I will be waiting your "I know"/ "I can" how to do that to continue. See esay comunication with android fron PC is essential to be abe to follow next commands.

• the u5pvr deluxe can only telnet/ftp or serial port, there is a way to use a USB male - male connection but I don´t have that cable with me now, I will have to buy it...

So You can access your STB via local network by taping in terminal:

"adb connect <your STB Ip:port>" default port is 5555.

F.ex.: "adb connect 192.168.0.4:5555"

More: https://stackoverflow.com/ques…android-with-adb-over-tcp

• @nozorrog Wao I forgot about that too. I did once but felt unsecured to use on my Cellphone. I think was Android 4.2. But definitely to do some test in Android 5, this is a nice exercise. YOU ARE THE MEN. Thanks a lot.

DANNYPS4

No need for ADB. I offered ADB as it is supposed to be part of ANDROID. Now why I did ask. I assume you had some sort of problem doing Copy & Paste as you been ask for a *.sh file. Telnet or SHH or what ever else is fine. Just make sure you can have a Telnet window in Ubuntu. So C&P can be easy.

@everyone else, I will be in general answering Post #80. A repeat... In other words a simplified PosT#66. Just one time extra as favor just to better understand DANNYPS4 own difficult experience.

The idea is to:

1) create a self logging script of the oscam build process. So we will know he did build the correct one.

2) For Android debug logging of oscam I need to figure that out. But I hope it should not be that hard as he is root. Clearly I do not own Android 7 and have no Idea what else Google had cripple. But we will cross that bridge soon. Give me a few hours to build the scripts.

See you soon

• can review and edit the attach file with a text editor and send it over to me, so I can run it and post the result...

Thanks.

• @DANNYPS4

Yes you can be correct. In order to have it ALL and Perfect, well You just need it ALL working. Nothing left.... Ahaaaaaa

Well, I do not have a magic wand. And to get there I need to know whats wrong with your claims first. So as I have told you many times, you need to 1rst start having a regular oscam-emu just from svn. NO PATCH this means you will NOT GET ANY CUSTOM BUILD. Using other words, I m pretty sure you will not see any HISKI in box type. You will have to get happy with seeing PC or Linux. I am not sure I will look what I had use later on my test. Listen most of the boxes around do not have custom builds for oscam-emu, so they use it just as it comes from svn.

But from that answer I have a feeling you had compile a good oscam. And you do not have now problem with DVBAPI. Do you?

If so, you are one more step forward.

I had little time, been busy at home but will post later my script.

• ok, so I just posted a *.sh file, edited with the commands you need me to perform and I will follow and report.

• Ok here is the 1rst part. I know you are going to say I know that. But as you have not provided feedback previously I need you to do it from the beginning. Yes to make sure that you did not skip or change a step.

NOTE: This script is NOT build to look nice!!! NO it is not the a script to be giving forward to all. It is build with the ONLY purpose to log results steps by steps. Yes you need to hit Enter on each step. If you see an error or have trouble, then ask me back what to do next. Output seems confusing. But it is not to me. As I will see every step of output on each instruction.

This Ubuntu script 01_workspace_build.sh is the very first part. It creates the workspace area in $HOME/workspace/U5PVR/U5PVR_toolchain.

If you had the toolchain $HOME/workspace/U5PVR/U5PVR_toolchain/android13b24gcc4.9 all ready, then it rename exiting one. Then proceeds to download Android NDK at _https://dl.google.com/android/repository/android-ndk-r13b-linux-x86_64.zip. Be ware this is about 700megs, So if you all ready had downloaded then you ONLY need to place a copy of android-ndk-r13b-linux-x86_64.zip in your Home directory. Or

$HOME/android-ndk-r13b-linux-x86_64.zip

If you want to know what is $HOME, then do in a terminal "echo $HOME".

Lets repeat again. To prevent downloading this 700 meg file you only need to place $HOME/android-ndk-r13b-linux-x86_64.zip. The program will use that file instead. Then it will create the needed tool chain and store it on $HOME/workspace/U5PVR/U5PVR_toolchain/android13b24gcc4.9

Finally the script will produce a log file called 01_workspace_build.txt that is the file you will compress and send me if you had any trouble.

You can send me that via PM instead, and or edit any thing you like like replacing your user name for anything else.. But please be brief as not to damage the intention of the log.

I will be submitting the next part soon.

PD. VERY IMPORTANT. If for any reason you can not quit. Just close the Terminal Window ans it will destroy the secession.

• Upsss I for got the MOST IMPORTANT part. How to execute the batch file.

you cd to where you have 01_workspace_build.sh then you do

Code
    script 01_workspace_build.txt -c ./01_workspace_build.sh

This will create the log file 01_workspace_build.time.txt

To see the output in a clean maner do

Code
    cat 01_workspace_build.time.txt

NOTES:

1) If you need to stop it and you cant. Just Close the Terminal Window. That will ultimately Close the sesion.

2) Every time you see "++ read" It means the script is waiting for you to Hit [ENTER] to continue on next Step!!.

• done, take a look

• Your last log went fine. I did not saw any trouble.

Next is easier and faster.

But remember in line #35 of 04_oscam_build.sh you see:

Code
    export CONF_DIR="/storage/sdcard/OSEbuildOSCam/conf"

That means that default configuration folder is set up to /storage/sdcard/OSEbuildOSCam/conf. If that is correct,, and your usual config files are there, I hope not to see your dvbapi issue.

Now that is not totally true as in you may have to comment in "/storage/sdcard/OSEbuildOSCam/conf/oscam.server"

Because we have not patch yet for your internal slot. I may be wrong and maybe with just

Code
    enable                        = 0

be sufficient but just in case. comment all that section. See here is where my little oscam experience get me in trouble.

• I am going to sleep. But you never mention for what you use oscam.

I had always assume for powervu/tanberg/biss.

Are you in America Arch?

Do you have a CBand Antenna?

Or are you using it as a ccam/newcamd to a server?

I had only tested in C-Band maybe there is an issue I have not see.

I see you tomorrow.

• @nozorrog

I did try your suggestion using adb via TCP. Works very nice in Android 5.

As I said I stop using it long time ago because at the time I thought It was a security risk leaving adb/tcp always on.

In android 5 there is no default . Instead we have to manually open it by doing in Android Terminal. I did create a sh for easy access.

Code
    su
    setprop service.adb.tcp.port <port>
    stop adbd
    start adbd

where <port> is the assigned new port number.

So as I said it can be DEACTIVATE is simply by doing .

Code
    su
    setprop service.adb.tcp.port -1
    stop adbd
    start adbd

Thanks again for this useful tip as my drobear is giving me some issues.

• As I said I been doing mechanics work on my truck, witch took much of my time. I am trying to say that I had little time lately. And in general have no time to look at the hilsilicon file mismatch from oscam svn files.

Now that a patch has been provided. We all can see if the dog is male or not.

Now looking at the patch I see it is making changes to oscam dvbapi files. This seems to agree with DANNYPS4 constant request of a patch needed. See the way I seen is that many pcsat devices handle most of the requirements with internal hardware and the drivers takes care of the rest. Yes just plug & play. Similar to hooking a mouse to your PC. the driver takes care of the issues. No need for special patches. So I was under the assumption we should try oscan from svn first to see what was needed. But real explicit feedback from DANNYPS4 was limited.

Now after seen this patch, I started to wonder on previous reading on mothern Arm CPU / GPUs capabilities and licenses. The original comments where that even when modern GPU did in fact had new Ultra HD capabilities, the fact was that at request of the authorities their decryption capabilities where crippled. I wonder if this patch requirement have something to do with that. That will also explained why the manufacturer did not wanted to post new oscam patch. Just to avoid any legal license bridge with ARM/GPU. In general as my oscam knowledge is very limited I guess I will need help on that.

Boy I had learn a lot in last month. PC Emulation of ARM/MPS, oscam, Andoid issues on Version 5 or greater and a lot of more stuff. It is strange how in this forum most people interest is just dedicate to offering binaries or requesting them. Little to do with teaching & learning. I do appreciate the help of fegol, nozorrog and many others that makes the difference.

OSCam-EMU Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam-EMU Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!