2 OSCAM 1 Set Top Box, how???

There are 113 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 13,329 times. The last Post () by sagher.

• Here the part that build oscam. I had skipped building ssl for now. We may need to do it later.

This time you execute with

Code
    script 04_oscam_build.txt -c ./04_oscam_build.sh

If you had trouble the logfile is 04_oscam_build.txt

here is the results:

• 2018/09/16 18:54:16 701B8165 c (client) plain dvbapi-client granted (anonymous, au=off)
    • 2018/09/16 18:54:16 701B8165 c (dvbapi) dvbapi channelcache loaded from /storage/sdcard/OSEbuild/OSCam/conf/oscam.ccache
    • 2018/09/16 18:54:16 701B8165 c (dvbapi) ERROR: Could not detect DVBAPI version.

as you can see on the last line, the OSCAM you script build does not work for these boxes....

this the result from Fegol script, the one he posted on #97

• 2018/09/16 19:00:14 4E473CF9 c (client) plain dvbapi-client granted (anonymous, au=off)
    • 2018/09/16 19:00:14 4E473CF9 c (dvbapi) dvbapi channelcache loaded from /storage/sdcard/OSEbuild/OSCam/conf/oscam.ccache
    • 2018/09/16 19:00:14 4E473CF9 c (dvbapi) Detected Hisilicon{1}.

as you can see DVBAPI is detected which means it is usable for either C band, Ku Band and more...

• We seen the patch. We know it is making changes to oscam dvbapi files. What I am saying is, if you leave all config as is I bet you may need that.

But I still wonder why do you need that?

What part of the program needs "(dvbapi) ... Hisilicon{1}."

I am no expert on oscam nor you had said what/how you use it for. My best guess is the Internal Slot Card Reader. Well the question is still up.

When you test my file, did you went to "/storage/sdcard/OSEbuildOSCam/conf/oscam.server" and comment or deleted the part for the slot card reader Like i posted?

I bet you if you do you will not have any trouble.

Now the other area is TVHeadEnd. If TVHeadEnd may have an old protocol and maybe that is the reason for the patch.

In any case, I bet you that patch if not needed if you have an update TVHeadend and so not use the Internal Slot Card Reader.

I know you say "Bear with me a bit" I will be arround. Just keep testing and send me a PM in case you need extra help. But our buddy fegol has been given time after time good orientation and in this time even patched files. He is the champion here.

• Also can you show us what is the dev been used for dvb on your box. Can you do

Code
    ls /dev -R | grep "dvb"

As example in ubuntu a USB PCSAT will show like this

Code
    $ ls /dev -R | grep "dvb"
    dvb
    /dev/dvb:
    /dev/dvb/adapter0:

and inside adaoter 0 we have

Code
    $ ls /dev/dvb/adapter0
    demux0  dvr0  frontend0  net0

Be aware that it is know that in Android many dvb devices show like

Code
    /dev/dvb0.frontend0
    /dev/dvb0.demux0
    /dev/dvb0.dvr0
    /dev/dvb0.dvr0
    /dev/dvb0/ca0

what your box show?

• think about this way.... microsoft windows is the OSCAM.bin and the hardware would be the actual hardware of the box and the DVBAPI would be the drivers, you could have a good and an udated windows version but if your driver wont see the hardware is usesless, this is the same case, if the OSCAM wont talk to the DVBAPI then the OSCAM is usesless...

• we can talk better with *.sh file, send me the files with the comands you need and I will post it here.

• 1) Do not forget to test my file again, but when you test my file, you need to edit

"/storage/sdcard/OSEbuildOSCam/conf/oscam.server"

and comment or deleted the part for the slot card reader Like i posted? To commerny you place a "#" at the first line.

2) I see your analogy but that is not how I believe all works.

See you should have a physical dvb device hook to I guess PCI. A "Linux driver" will make that device to show as

/dev/dvb0.frontend0 or /dev/dvb/adapter0.

Then TVHeadend will control the dvb device using /dev/dvb0.frontend0 or /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0

And TVHeadend will pickup ts Video at /dev/dvb0.dvr0 or /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0.

At this level I do not believe dvbapi is used.

I believe dvbapi will be use(see <==>) if needed between TVHeadEnd and oscam. Like in;

Video Payer <-- TVHeadend <==> oscam_emu or the other way

Video Payer <-- oscam_emu <==>TVHeadend

I think oscam may also used it for the readers. Like if you use your internal slot or a cccam/newcamd server.

So if you had both the latest svn oscam and TVHeadend then no trouble should be shown with dvbapi.

3) sh is simple

Bash
    #!/bin/bash
    ls /dev -R | grep "dvb"
    ls /dev/dvb/adapter0
  • Upsss!!!

I guess I was wrong....

See

_https://www.linuxtv.org/docs/dvbapi/dvbapi.html

DVB Frontend API

DVB Demux Device

DVB Video Device

etc

are part of dvbapi.

But still, I will expect that a well design driver should account for the standard. I guess we need to go deep in the patch to see what part it modify in order to know better.

• I just came to check and saw I wrote bash, wicth is good for Ubuntu, or even Android with busybox. Problem is that I am not usure /system/xbin/bash will be see as /bin/bash

so just change script to

Code
    #!/system/bin/sh
    ls /dev -R | grep "dvb"
    ls /dev/dvb/adapter0

Sorry for the confusion.

• I just came to check and saw I wrote bash, wicth is good for Ubuntu, or even Android with busybox. Problem is that I am not usure /system/xbin/bash will be see as /bin/bash

so just change script to

Code
    #!/system/bin/sh
    ls /dev -R | grep "dvb"
    ls /dev/dvb/adapter0

Sorry for the confusion.

I will post some info in a few, i´ve been a bit busy

so just change script to

Code
    #!/system/bin/sh
    ls /dev -R | grep "dvb"
    ls /dev/dvb/adapter0

Sorry for the confusion.

answer:

root@u5pvr-debian:~# #!/system/bin/sh

root@u5pvr-debian:~# ls /dev -R | grep "dvb"

root@u5pvr-debian:~# ls /dev/dvb/adapter0

ls: cannot access /dev/dvb/adapter0: No such file or directory

• Since a few days has pass and you had posted very little, lets resume where we are.

You all ready have the oscam build solution you had ask. A specially build with patch for your box. Because our friend fegol posted that solution on #97. I assume that as always you tested. It is just you forgot to tell us.

SOOOooooo, at this moment we are only having fun...

Empty? That's weird. You must have a dvb device.

Again. As last script, this is to be run inside your Android TV Box.

Code
    #!/system/bin/sh
    su
    ls /dev -R | grep ":$" | sed -e 's/:$//' -e 's/[^-][^\/]*\//--/g' -e 's/^/ /' -e 's/-/|/'

This will print the full tree.

• Thanks for this very useful documentation.

I am trying to make an arm7hf based busybox environment /ubunu/debian environment in QEMU .

I am fine to use any Host, Windows, Ubuntu.

I want a full blown arm emulated linux so i can develop some c++ with SDL.

I have got some success with the cross compiling simple c++ programs and its runs successfully in the Octagon SF8008.

I am facing many challenges for compiling the SDL2 program because of errors in some headers file with undefined deceleration type.

I found that a Qemu emulated environment is the best solution for me.

I will try to use your documents and will let you know the results in a few days.

In case there is a already a ready document for the emulating arm7hf or the cortex-a53 .

OSCam-EMU Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam-EMU Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!