Ideas for a new sat-setup IPTV, SAT-IP or VU+ kodi addon?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,305 times. The last Post () by KiddaC.

• Hi all.

ATM i have a technomate OE twin tuner reciever. But it often hangs in Openvix (spinning logo), issues with recordings not starting, and the VU+ addon from my libreelec-amlogic isn't working that well. (very slow channel changing speed) and issues with recordings with nothing on them.

My dream is to be able to watch TV from 2 libreelec boxes around the house, and the wife demands, faster zapping speed and something that is stable and just works "ALL THE TIME". And i want to be able to record tv shows from all the connected devices and have them located in 1 unit. (just like the HD homerun device.

I have a HD tv, Diskstation 212j a Raspberry PI 2, S219 octa core 4k TV-box, a sat with a One cable LNB and that technomate reciever.

and the budget is about 200-300 EURO

I have thought about:

setup 1:

Triax TSS 400 sat to IP converter -> some computer with tvheadend, USB HDD and oscam (diskstation?) -> router -> kodi boxes

setup 2:

VU+ duo2 4xtuners -> router -> kodi boxes

Some other sat tuner with IPTV enabled, where i stream to my Kodi boxes.. But what about EPG, recordings etc?

Funny thing is, when i stream TV from my Iphone to my enigma2 box (app called en2player) it works pretty good. My fear is that if i buy a VU+ reciever so that i can use the VU+ Enigma 2 plugin, and it dosen't work as it should, im screwed and stuck with the reciever. But i love how simple it is and barely needs any setup.

Setup 3:

The technomate reciever, with 2 additional tuners, another Enigma2 image than Openvix and as a headless server.

Really looking forward in hearing your feedback! :)

• No expert on this but with a bit of googling you can find all your answers.

If your box is stalling all the time, give it a clear out, reflash a new image, delete unnecessary plugins and media plugins. Keep it barebones, your box will fly.

You can have 2 boxes, but use 1 satellite line. You can then use something like the remote channel stream converter plugin, to import your bouquets to another box.

As you only have 1 satelitte cable, you will only be able to watch channels on the same transponder at the same time.
    If you want to watch different channels or record and watch a different channel you would need an lnb with at least 2 cable lines.

As for a central recording hub, you just need a nas drive on your network, and then you set up your recording to save to that.

For zapping speeds, you don't say whether you are using a paid line or other, but usually this is down to your provider, the speed of your box, the softcams software you are using. I suggest using oscam as your softcam software with a couple of lines. If using any other softcams probably best to give your config files a once over and remove unnecessary stuff like logging.

I am using a hybrid enigma2/android box at the moment and to be honest I find the android side of things annoying. I stick to enigma2 most of the time.

If you want to use your android boxes, probably best just to use for iptv, stick perfect player on them and get a couple of descent iptv lines.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Totally different to what you spec'd so far but this would be wife/family friendly for TV.

I'd suggest a Quad Satellite tuner receiver to use as main server. VU+ Duo2, Xtrend ET8500...

Then use say Single tuner E2 receivers with OpenViX. Install the plugin 'Channels Importer'. Channels importer will import the channels from main receivers and EPG data.

You can then setup network mounts on the client boxes to the main receiver and mount the main receiver hard drive. You'll then be able to watch recordings on the client boxes.

ET8500 with four Satellite tuners = £140.90 or VU+ Duo2 = £304.00.

2x Edision OS Nino = £66.00 each. Or higher spec Formuler F4 Turbo = £69.00 each when buying two.

world-of-satellite-banner.gif
    Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*

*SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

• I am using a hybrid enigma2/android box at the moment and to be honest I find the android side of things annoying. I stick to enigma2 most of the time.

If you want to use your android boxes, probably best just to use for iptv, stick perfect player on them and get a couple of descent iptv lines.

Kiddac - which hybrid box are you using if you don't mind me asking?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!