JEDI MAKER XTREAM (IPTV Bouquet Creator)

• *** updated 15/09/2018 ***

JEDI MAKER XTREAM - Version 2.25

For people with older versions of Jedi Player Xtream (anything before version 2.10) - Delete all jedi bouquets via the old plugin first to clear out legacy files.
    Then Uninstall the old plugin before you install this new Jedi Maker Xtream Plugin.

A plugin to allow the easy creation of bouquets for IPTV playlists.

You can also select the individual categories to create the bouquets for. No need to import hundreds of channels that you do not need.

*New* Now has the ability to update your created bouquets whether automatically or manually.

*New* you can now also use External M3U urls and Local M3U files.

Screenshots

Please login to see this attachment.

Main Menu

Settings

Playlists

Add Playlist/Edit Playlists (text button for virtual keyboard)

User Info (info button)

Create Bouquets (Channel up button)

Choose Bouquet Categories

Channel Select

EPG will be brought in for providers that have set custom sids and xmltv files. Not All providers do.

How to install

FTP the IPK file over to your temp folder. var/volatile/tmp.

OpenATV install instructions

• Menu... setup... software management... install local extension
    • memory/tmp
    • Press ok on the package
    • press green to install.

Reboot your GUI if you are not prompted to.

---------------------------------------------------------------

OpenVix install instructions

• Menu > setup > VIX > Ipkg install
    • memory/tmp
    • Press ok on the package
    • press green to install.

Reboot your GUI if you are not prompted to.

How to use

The program works in one of two ways.

1) Via a playlists.txt file. Where you can copy and paste all your playlist urls

Now supports standard xtream iptv playlists, External Urls that return m3u playlists or Local MP3s

Currently this playlists.txt file live here.

/etc/enigma2/jediplaylists

you can change this file location to anywhere you like via the settings.

i.e

/media/hdd/playlists

2) or you can manually enter your details via the playlists/add playlist.

You then need to create your channel bouquets.

On creating a bouquet... playlists....Ok Button (TV button also works as an alternative)

This will also then create a xmltv file for use with epg importer plugin

Known Problems

Some VOD categories are huge. This may take a long time to populate the list and look like your box has froze. If you are patient. It will eventually show all of them.
    (This really shouldn't be a problem anymore unless your VOD list is mammoth)

This plugin uses the newer iptv api. Some older/crappier providers will not be compatible.

In my testing only 3 out of 25 different world wide iptv providers i tested didn't use this newer api.
    (a work around to this is to load the playlist as an external m3u file)

An invalid URL in your playlists.txt will slow down the initial load of playlists as it tries to validate its existance.

It is recommended you remove/edit any broken URLs as soon as they are discovered.

Not Working / Not coded (yet)

Built in player. Streams are viewed via bouquets only at the moment.

If you are trying this plugin. Feedback is welcome, feedback is needed. Likes and beers are always appreciated. :thumbup:

Cheers

********************************************************************************************************************

DO NOT POST IPTV PROVIDER NAMES IN THIS THREAD

CRASH LOGS MAY INCLUDE YOUR IPTV LINE DETAILS - EITHER EDIT THEM OUT - OR JUST COPY AND PASTE THE RELEVANT BIT OF THE LOG

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED - BECAUSE PEOPLE WILL STEAL THEM IF YOU MAKE THAT MISTAKE.

********************************************************************************************************************

• FAQs

Q) How do I change the location of my playlists.txt file.

If setting your own playlists.txt location in this plugin.

It can be quite confusing as its slightly different behaviour than expected.

Click OK on the setting

locate the folder/location you wish to use.

Then press green button to choose it when its highlighted. Don't press OK to go into that location (which is what I would expect to do)

Q) I do not have the option to select individual categories. I have only got LIVE and VOD?

Unfortunately, each provider differs. It is impossible to write rules for how each provider categorises its data. My program is designed as a catch all. It isn't designed for a specific provider

Because at the moment, we are just creating bouquets, all I can do is group everything how the provider categorises things.
    In your case, it seems he is categorising by country for LIVE, and categorising by type in VOD.

Q) My playlist crashes the box when I try to create a bouquet.
    Unfortunately not all IPTV lists are the same. I have tested many and programmed in lots of rules to catch errors.
    If you can Private message me the relevant part of your crash log. Then I may be able to fix your specifc error.

crash logs live at /home/root/logs

Q) Would you have any plans to include epg and fanart for the VOD section? like plex or XtreamTv
    As my plugin is a bouquet creator and not a iptv player, it is not possible to bring these things into bouquets.
    They can only be brought in if I made a custom player.

Q) i have my own list.m3u ,,,,,stored on my server,,,,is it possible for jedi player to read this file and create a bouquet on my sat box.

This should be available from release v2.10 hopefully.

Q) If you have 2 iptv providers, do you have to create to 2 playlists.....

Yes - or manually combine them on your computer and use as a local M3U file.

Q) How can I edit channels....

You cannot edit individual channels in a category group. Its complicated enough selecting categories without also going a branch further into channels. All you can do is select which categories you wish to include in your bouquets.

If you wish to change the categories in your bouquets, just create a new bouquet for that playlist and select unselect the ones you want.

If you really want to streamline your channels once you have created your category bouquets, you can probably manually edit your bouquet files that live in /etc/enigma2 on your box. These will keep coming back though if you have auto update on.

Q) The plugin slows down a lot when creating Series categories.
    The series categories work slightly differently than Live and VOD. With Live and VOD you can download all the required information in a couple of server calls.
    With series categories every single channel needs to hit the server to get that specific channel information. To prevent flooding the server, and therefore possible getting you a ban, I have had to put a small pause between every server call. This means building series bouquets is considerably slower than Live and VOD.
    Personally I wouldn't bother with Series categories. It's a bit risky with all these repeated server calls.

Q) My provider has a different EPG address to the one that is shown by your plugin

My plugin will try show an xmltv epg address based on a standard format.
    On creating your bouquets you can edit this value (text button) to be whatever you want. It will remember this setting for future bouquets creation or updates.

** If you like my work, please click the like button. It may mean nothing to you, but it means a lot to me. **

The post was edited 9 times, last by KiddaC ().

• A few thank you posts that I have combined into one, to keep this thread reasonable clean.

Just wanted to say thank you for all the work you have done for this one KiddaC.

just wanted to say thanks to KiddaC for this plugin

its the best one i've used, top work mate :thumbup:

Great plugin thank's, it works very well on GB quad plus and openATV

works great on zgemma

I've finally dipped my toe into the murky water of IPTV and I must say that this plugin is brilliant compared to the others I tried.

It is so simple and quick I didn't realise it had actually worked until I checked my bouquets!

Well done KiddaC :thumbup:

Thanks KiddaC, just bought you a beer, as a thank you.

Hi KiddaC

With OpenBlackHole 4.1.033 OK :thumbup:

Thanks

thanks KiddaC ,,,,, works perfect,,,,reading and updating from my standard m3u list stored on my web server.,,,,,,,

Sincerest Thanks for all your work mate , i have followed your progress with this.

as we know in the future, its likely we will see the demise of UK cable c/s ,

this plugin takes putting IPTV on to e2 boxes to another level, it's so clear to use and with Fantastic results and anyone who does not have it is missing out,

This is how everyone will be viewing and setting up there bouquets in my opinion 👌👌👌

** If you like my work, please click the like button. It may mean nothing to you, but it means a lot to me. **

• JEDI MAKER XTREAM V2.10

After 2 weeks of hell, I have finally finished - I think. Everything that could have gone wrong did. I have never crashed my box so much in my life and I have had a pretty rough ride trying to get this all to work in one plugin.

Well what's new...

• Rebranded the entire plugin to now be called Jedi Maker Xtream - This plugin is never going to be a player now. That might come as a seperate plugin.
    • You can now make bouquets from 3 main types of files. Xtream playlists, External URLs that return an M3U list (i.e pastebin raw files) and Local M3U files.
    • External playlists will download what ever content is given in the URL. Hopefully this will work for mounted drives (not tested), and also work with non standard playlists providers that might have a different URL structure like vget.php.
    • Local M3U files. You can store a collection of M3U files on your satbox. The streams in the playlists can be anything you like and as random as you like as long the format of the file is that of a standard M3U playlist. Will quite happily play Ts files, M3U8 files, UDP files etc etc. Not all streams will play, but it does a good job with most types. Just try them and see.
    • External and Local M3U files will try to categorise into multiple bouquets if the M3U file is in M3U_plus format. Due to the volatile nature of the files, you cannot select individual categories though, just whether you wish to display LIVE or VOD and then the plugin will try and split up the categories inside these main sections.
    • Manual Update and Timed Automatic updates are available for all these 3 different playlists types.
    • XMLTV url entry for external and local m3u lists also available. Will only work if you know the xmltv address from that provider and all your streams in that list are for the same provider.
    • Many hours testing and many fixes to earlier problems of name changing, and things not renaming or deleting properly.
    • Fixed the button codes in the skins so they are fully compatible with older builds.
    • I think that's just about it.... :sleeping::thumbup:

Enjoy... And don't forget boys and girls you can buy me a beer via my slyk yola site. (Not that anyone ever does. :hello) - you can find my yola site via google.

:red:

• JEDI MAKER XTREAM V2.20

Apart from any major bug fixes, this should be the last release of this.

What started out as my first attempt at a simple enigma2 plugin and learning a bit of python, has turned into a bit of a chore to be honest. It's taken up far too much of my time.

I have learnt a lot, I have stressed a lot. I am more than happy of how it turned out and I managed to achieve my goal of a simple user friendly playlist to bouquets creator.

Well what's new...

• Main thing added is a progress bar for building and updating.
    • Speeded up building and creating of huge playlists.. Then had to slow it down a little as it was too quick :evil:
    • Added in a "clear all" option on category select"
    • Added in the option to use https sites as well as http
    • Amended the plugin icon names that I missed in last release.

Note : Although my plugin now allows the loading of m3u files whether externally or locally. My program does not check each individual m3u stream to see if they are valid or not. You will have to check the validity of m3u playlists by other means.

Shameless plug of my other windows app :P
    Please login to see this link.

And through my testing, it seems m3u files seem to play best with type IPTV(4097) and struggle with DVB(1). That is why the type is set to that as default for M3Us.

If you can play the stream OK in VLC player and its not working in my plugin, just try switching between IPTV and DVB in your bouquet creation.

Enjoy

New file on post 1.

• Post by KiddaC ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • JEDI MAKER XTREAM V2.21

Well what's new...

• Added back in the option to select service types 5001(gstreamer) and 5002(exteplayer3). Options only show if you have serviceapp installed.
    • Changed xmltv files to always be of service type 1 as it seems epg does not populate with any other value. This still seems to correctly reference the channels though, so shoudn't cause an issue
    • Added back in the option to select the stream type in add/edit playlist. "ts" or "m3u8"
    • Because of the above also added in an extra check when creating bouquets to see if "ts" or "m3u8" is allowed. If it isn't... the valid type is substituted into the streams instead.

Enjoy.

New file on post 1.

The post was edited 2 times, last by KiddaC ().

• JEDI MAKER XTREAM V2.22

Just a quick edit. Amended the xmltv files to be utf-8 rather than latin-1.

This will hopefully prevent foreign accented characters from crashing the plugin.

• JEDI MAKER XTREAM V2.23

My god... we actually went 5 days then without a new update. And thanks to SuperKazza & Danny, the only people that could be bothered replying to my question.

Pauldb... good call. Yes there was a problem with non active lists not showing when then should have been when domain|connections was set to be shown. Which also corrects your other problem of the wrong file being deleted.

This has now been corrected on post 1.

And for those that can't be bother reinstalling the full plugin, the individual specific file is attached below.

Files

• playlists.py

(14.88 kB, downloaded 21 times, last: )

The post was edited 5 times, last by KiddaC ().

• JEDI MAKER XTREAM V2.24

Amended the bouquet update file to be utf-8 instead of latin-1. ( I missed this file when doing update 2.22)

This will hopefully prevent foreign accented characters from crashing the plugin.

The post was edited 1 time, last by KiddaC ().

• JEDI MAKER XTREAM V2.25

Due to the fact that EPG importer plugin has changed the way it checks xmltv server updates in it's latest release (183).

Some IPTV xmltv file downloads may not work with their latest release. To combat that I have wrote in the necessary amend to hopefully fix this in my plugin.

This should also cause no problems with earlier versions of epg importer.

File updated on post 1.

Sorry for all these constant updates, but hopefully we are done for now. So that's the last update (for today ;) )

Thanks for all your inputs, suggestions, whining... Although I call you all pain in the bums, mosquitos etc etc I do really appreciate input. Without your input the plugin wouldn't have progressed. :thumbup:. Sarcasm is just the way I roll.

And for the people that have bought me a beer this year (all 12 of you :hello), I will be emailing you some other little bonus shortly as little thank you from me. It's nice a handful of people appreciate my never ending work.

• why do you need to copy the epg link?

And are you pressing text button to edit then using the virtual keyboard, or just trying to use the keypad to type letters

• hispa. you should be able to find your line details by opening up the .sh file in a text editor.

All you need to enter a line in my plugin is domain, port, username and password. These I assume should be in your script file.

Jity3... Press text button when this field is highlighted. And you will get the virtual keyboard (or should). Much easier editting epg details that way.

And if you are still struggling, run a bouquet creation once.

On your box ....Navigate to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/JediMakerXtream

manually edit the following file in a text editor on your pc.

bouquet_info_v2.json

• Hi dear KID... i undertsand and i put all my data on playlists.txt in

\root\etc\enigma2\jediplaylists

i select on differents categories and OK. Decoder work building but after when i go in channel list no bouquet was created

Where i am wrong ?

Thank

Hispa

• Press blue button (favourites), on channel list.

All your folders/bouquets should be in there.

If you have selected categories and you got a progress bar showing they were being built, they should be in your channel list.

• No posting iptv server names in this thread thankyou.

It is not unusual for the real server address to be different from the one you have been given.

Whether this be because of reseller accounts,proxies or multiple servers.

The stream will still play anyway.

• No kid nothing is created but i think where is the problem !!

If i go in info of my playlist i see a different url....

So i open bouquet_info_v2.json and all is correct but after i open also file file_info.json and in part refer "user_info" of line i see

"server_info": {"url": "xxxx.yyy",

is different which write in "local_info"

Thank

Hispa

P.S.

I also to change this server with my ...but it write again ?

Its possible that it change when connect to provider ??