How to setup Own Enigma2 Plugin Download Feed

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,592 times. The last Post () by Jenson_Button.

• Hi guys,

I'm trying to created my own plugin feed section, and was wondering if anyone could shed some light how the plugin feeds work on enigma2?

The steps so far I've managed to do are...

1. create a feed.conf file pointing to a web server that has a packages.gz listed.

2. go to download plugins and the feed shows up with the packages.

3. create a separate area in the download plugins section and put all the packages in there.

4. installed the plugins and they work fine.

The thing i'm confused / puzzled about is when i go to remove plugins theirs no custom area / like the one i created for the download plugin section, basically i cant find the installed plugins anywhere in the remove plugins section even though they have been installed and working.

Actually i have a feeling something isn't right when it installs the package, as when a package has been installed, if i go into download plugins and my custom section all packages still show up, where normally if a package has been installed it normally gets removed from the download section

Many thanks in advance, for any help or guidance

• Ive noticed the same so I keep my IPK,s as extensions so they are in install plugins, extensions and when I install they dont show again in install plugins and can uninstall via remove plugins in extensions. But if I do the same as you have my own section they wont show in remove plugins.

• Hi guys,

I'm trying to created my own plugin feed section, and was wondering if anyone could shed some light how the plugin feeds work on enigma2?

The steps so far I've managed to do are...

3. create a separate area in the download plugins section and put all the packages in there.

Quck question how did you create a separate area in download plugins section?

I just created the IPK with dsayers instead of extensions example: enigma2-plugin-dsayers-ipchecker_001_all.ipk

Then added ipk and packages.gz to webserver and had the feed.conf file pointing to the web server with both files included.

• Exactly the same way as you mate, created the ipk changing the extensions part to 'myownfeed' added the ipk and packages.gz to webserver, and the feed.conf file pointing to the webserver.

Works fine for downloading the plugin / ipk,but not removing the plugin/ ipk

• master G

Changed the title of the thread from “Own Plugin Feed” to “How to setup Own Enigma2 Plugin Download Feed”.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!