im stuck with my solo2

There are 59 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,659 times. The last Post () by aa7590.

• Yeah I got a few bricked ones they all don’t work the display digital doesn’t come on though if I have no luck on them I will just sell again as spares or repairs or just throw them in the recycling bins. Yh I know that the Vus+ are the best on the market and zgemmas must be the second ones.

Must have been a ballache for you Nitro123 i,m sure...dont through the boxes in the recycle bin if you are unsuccessful please...i,m sure we could arrange something, however if you do decide to sell you would have to go through the proper channels in the for sale section on this forum,only fair really.... in any case i for one would need much more info on whats for sale with more pics without a hdd present for starters....

You are also well off the mark with your judgement on zgemma boxes being in 2nd contention to a vu+ box,,i have no experience with these boxes but i,m not even sure zgemma would be in my top 10 if i had a list,loads better boxes like gigablue.technomate and mutant to name a few.....

Keep me posted please as i think i may be able to resurrect your faulty boxes fingers crossed...

• I think I might know what’s the problem I have found some other forums and they are saying on them the capacitors they dry out and they need replacing after every two or three years and while I was googling it the other day I saw Linuxsat forum url pop up too. I’m thinking off giving it a shot at changing the capacitors and see What i ordered capacitors on eBay I’ll keep u updated. Thanks

• Official Post

I want say it wrong but my Vu+Solo2 has been turned on and running as my homeserver for 4 years now never shut off more then a few time when power has been gone in my house :)

• Official Post

I think I might know what’s the problem I have found some other forums and they are saying on them the capacitors they dry out and they need replacing after every two or three years and while I was googling it the other day I saw Linuxsat forum url pop up too. I’m thinking off giving it a shot at changing the capacitors and see What i ordered capacitors on eBay I’ll keep u updated. Thanks

thats normally a duo problem with the power supply .... or has the solo2 got a similar issue

Good luck anyways

• Official Post

thats normally a duo problem with the power supply .... or has the solo2 got a similar issue

Good luck anyways

I changed the power supply and nothing still got a red light with the duo I’m still waiting for the caps to arrive so I can solder change them then see the results I’m sure it them that’s drying up will keep you guys updated.

Okay you lost me

I guess you also have a duo with an issue

They can also be recovered with jtag if it's bricked

• thats normally a duo problem with the power supply .... or has the solo2 got a similar issue

Good luck anyways

I changed the power supply and nothing still got a red light with the duo I’m still waiting for the caps to arrive so I can solder change them then see the results I’m sure it them that’s drying up will keep you guys updated.

Did you buy a repair kit for your duo that included the regulator as sometimes depending how far gone the box is repacing caps isn't enough.

• Official Post

Okay you lost me

I thought jtag tool was only for the clone boxes ?

you can jtag anything with the right tools and files

• Okay you lost me

I thought jtag tool was only for the clone boxes ?

you can jtag anything with the right tools and files

how do you use jtag tool with rs-232 cable ?

Or without cable ?

Thanks.

• I was not aware of any jtag points on vu duo1 recievers but i,m sure there well could be...

Nitro jtag uses an interface that has to be built.

1. TDI (Test Data In)
    2. TDO (Test Data Out)
    3. TCK (Test Clock)
    4. TMS (Test Mode Select)
    5. TRST (Test Reset) optional.

As jensen says/software/files/location etc must be obtained to do anything with jtag

• Official Post

If you have rs232 cable also called "nullmodem Cable" Try this software tool if no responce then its a Original and you can help from any approved Vu+ seller in your Country. (info from Vu+ official)

If you get reponce then its a Clone and this tool will fix your Solo2

• Your a pain in the arse Nitro:-)

Whats up with repairing the cap/s first and try like you said you were going to do?

Jtag is something i have never done on a vu duo or was even aware of but you would need a schematic for the jtag you are trying to build or i assume a cypress board for your quest..

Attached is my own little jtag which was used a decade ago on samsung boxes for extracting info:-)

I,ll also post some more details=(NOT MY WORK) next.

• Copy and paste job this(NOT MY INFO/WORK)= Author simply named as Admin on another website.

Vu+ Duo just red led, no further activity repair story.

This motherboard I have gotten a while ago from a member, and this is about my found defects and solutions regarding this motherboard.

Problem, just red led, no further activity, front display also dead.

The famous cap had been replaced recently, so it could not be the problem.

Psu problem could not be, I use my own.

Jtag,

Tried but got no connection, so the problem was worse than I thought.

Serial port and usb ports also failed.

Serial port,

I have the RS232 PCB tested on another working motherboard and it was defective.

After replacing the rs232 chip it works well again.

Security chip,

Also tested the security chip, and was also defective, also unrepairable.

Motherbord,

Now the test with the motherboard, with a working RS232 board, and a working security chip.

research,

Box was still dead, just a red LED.

Jtag gives no connection, USB, Serial port, display, etc did not work.

All the main voltages were present, but a comparison of the voltages from a working motherboard I noticed that a few voltages were not present or lower than normal around the CPU.

As a result, I had the idea that it could be a Cpu problem.

My risky trick,

After heated the CPU with hot air with the box switched on, I saw some strange characters appear on the front display, and terminal data appears on my screen.

So I had the feeling that I was right.

But beware, this method is risky, but it could be the quickest way to detect these types of errors

Cpu fix attempt,

Box obviously turned off, cpu heat sink removed, cpu covered with kapton tape, and the motherboard/cpu preheated according to schedule.

Allowed to cool down.....

Motherboard check,

Display turns ON, message is Starting...

Serial Port check with only the serial cable,

Terminal data output works.

Serial Port check with the rs232 adapter between,

Terminal data output is okay.

Usb port check,

Usb port failed.

Jtag check,

Connection is possible, so immediately the cfe file upload.

Usb port check,

Uploading image file starts, but after awhile it stops, further no activity.

Usb port 5v measurements,

5v present, but drops slowly after a while, this happens on all USB ports.

On the motherboard are three (AP1212) usb chips

Which there may be responsible for I needed to gamble.

I gambled on the front USB port because this is mostly used, which is the U412.

Replace, and solved the problem.

Usb port check,

Upload software starts, and succeeded.

Motherboard check,

Motherboard start properly, no problem, also a image on the tv screen via hdmi and scart.

Finally,

The motherboard is working again, the main problem was most likely a cpu problem.

And guessing that the other damage has come through many attempts to solve the problem.

Faulty parts,

CPU, hot air fix.

Rs232 chip, replaced.

Security chip, replaced.

One USB chip, replaced.

So, it's working now, but reheating the cpu does not guarantee any long-term of use.

Often the problem comes back after a time.

However this member donated this motherboard to me so that's in this case not a issue.

It was an educational project, and a challenge to find and repair the errors.

• Official Post

Get ride of all those crappy broken recivers and since you have Union Jack in the background of your avatar i assume you live in the UK

Buy this reciver its a very good deal and you get something that working 100% instead of standing like a clown with a blower on broken crap ;)

Sorry mate i really can see you and giving me a good smile now

https://www.world-of-satellite…-Linux-Satellite-Receiver

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!