Technomate Motor modification - 75 degs to 80?

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,500 times. The last Post () by anorak_ian.

• Hi, I have a Technomate motor, with the "Limit Sliders" fully back, the dish reaches 75 degrees east & west.

Can the stops be removed altogether?

I understand that removing them will mean opening the motor, and removal of what ever the small bolts screw into (I understand the loss of warranty).

Will it get to 80 degrees without the rack coming off the pinion?

• Answering my own question here; With the stops removed it will go all the way around to about 120 + degrees west, and if the 3 wires in side were lengthened (by around 2 centimeters), then it should also turn 120+ east.

As it is, it will turn almost 90 degrees east before the wires start to tighten, wires kept out of the way from fouling with my finger 100+east.

I don't know if I'm wasting my time doing this, but hey.

• Official Post

Answering my own question here; With the stops removed it will go all the way around to about 120 + degrees west, and if the 3 wires in side were lengthened (by around 2 centimeters), then it should also turn 120+ east.

As it is, it will turn almost 90 degrees east.

I don't know if I'm wasting my time doing this, but hey.

yup that would have been my question.... what are you getting that far east or west ?? The dish must be almost sideways on that far over ??

Thanks for sharing the results though :thumbup:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!