Cannot flash OpenATV to my Dinobot 4k

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,561 times. The last Post () by amielea.

• When I got my Dinobot, I first loaded in Enigma2, I then tried to setup the tuner but for some reason it only recognised the Satelitte DVB-S2, I skipped the guided setup, and I chose to update all the outdated modules online, after doing so it asked me to reboot, after rebooting dinobot 4K wouldn’t boot in Enigma2 (it would lock in boot screen, with the led displaying E2).

After that I tried numerous times to update the OpenATV, first from the USB, unzipping and copying the dinobot folder in a usb drive, inserting it in one of the USB2.0 slots, and at the boot up pressing the green button (when Menu is displayed). Dinobot would then have UPGRD displayed for 5 seconds and then it would reboot.

I also tried to flash the image to a microSD card using the win image, inserting it to the machine and then I followed the above procedure but I got the same result.

Did anyone have the same issue, and how did you resolve it?

Android TV is working fine, and the TV App is recogning both DVB-T2 and DVB-S2.

Thank you in advance for your help.

• The OpenATV was the one that came with the device (and I had the original micro sdcard in), those are nightly builds so it’s to be expected that something might go wrong, but there should be recovery from that state, or at least a diagnosis mode to check what it is doing. Is the com port at the back of the dinobox a serial connection? Thank you. My initial question is about recovering from that state.

• I found the issue. At first I thought that the OpeATV was saved internally, but it is actually saved into the microSD. Also the OpenATV got corrupted after the online update, and it wasn’t loading. The solution was to reformat the microSD insert it in the TF Card slot, restart the device and press the green button, and voila, it all worked as expected (flashed the image and restarted). The Software still needs some fine tuning, but all in all is good.

• Now I have another issue, I tried to upgrade to OpenATV 6.2 (backed up the microSD Card before doing so), but now it doesn’t want to boot to E2 (again) as I am getting ‘can’t get kernel image!’, as you can see in the previous debug image (managed to use my serial cable). Even if I revert back to the old image, it doesn’t start. What is going on? Can anybody help?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Ok, that is weird it seems that the issue was the way I was copying the image in the sdcard, writing from mac caused the system to flash incorrectly, downloading and copying the files from windows, worked fine. Its first time I have seen this kind of issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• hey guys, everytime i initilise my usb then it reboots , my box crashes now it works fine without the usb in but once i put it in it stops stright away, also when i press pause it gets stuck to, now do you think this is a usb problem as ive been told i need a usb 3.0 with quicker write and read speeds as the one im useing is read speeds of 30mb and 11mb write speeds?

Dinobot 4K images

Download openatv, pure2, openhdf images | firmware for Dinobot 4K and Dinobot 4K SE, android, enigma2, satellite and cable linux hd receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!