amiko alien2 triple tuner image

There are 19 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,023 times. The last Post () by hs5424.

• Hi All,

I have an Amiko alien 2 triple tuner box chipset 7162 sitting here on the shelve and would like to put it into service. I decided to install Vix 4 on it as this is what I am using on my Vu+ duo's etc. However I am not happy with the outcome. The box is very slow to respond to the remote control commands and it seems that the more I add to it such eg, HD and usb stick ( for epg storage ) the worse it gets. Can anyone suggest an image that is more suited to this model. Maybe this is the way the alien 2 triple works at its best ??????????.

Thanks in advance.

• hello there. The amiko triple is an old box now. I still use mine only for the terrestrial TV and sat feed but it does slow down. PKT Hyperion images seem to work well on it. You may need to turn the box off every few days when it starts to slow down. I know the Ram in this box is awful.

• Yes, it is an old box now , but i still use it and i'm quite satisfied with it . I use Open ATV 6.2 ( since 3-4 days) with Oscam and freeccam 1.8, on the iptv front of course it has a small processor but you can still watch VOD with no problems. :)

• Thanks guys,

I will give it a go. Will try Hyperion first and see how it goes. I think all these boxes are great at first as my VU+ duo was when new. Having said that I had to replace some faulty capacitors once and a year later a regulator . There not building stuff like they used to.

• Update,

Tried Open ATV and all went ok until I try to configure the tuners. At the moment my box has tuner 1 and tuner 2 satellite only. Tuner 3 is terrestrial or cable. The image only seems to allow for tuner 1 terrestrial / cable and tuners 2 + 3 satellite.

Confused

• ok if you want a fast image then pkt or hdmu or even try the openpli from mastaG

openatv or vix 4 if you want a pretty image but slow

but what i would say is have a swap file and if any tuners arnt connect or installed wrong the box will grind to a halt as it searches for a free tuner

next one just use for its tuners and have remote channel stream convertor on your other boxes

as for tuners its twin sat with 1 dvb t/c the dvb t/c normally has to be switched in the image between the two

• Update,

Tried Open ATV and all went ok until I try to configure the tuners. At the moment my box has tuner 1 and tuner 2 satellite only. Tuner 3 is terrestrial or cable. The image only seems to allow for tuner 1 terrestrial / cable and tuners 2 + 3 satellite.

Confused

In Open ATV I have not configurated tuner C (satellite), tuner A is terrestrial/cable and tuner B is for satellite, you may set the priority in the Configuration Menu (GUi Settings)....

• Just installed open atv 4.2 and my tuner problem is sorted. I now want to see how to install oscam or mgcamd as its not in the plugin download section

Did you install the softcam feed?...find the ipk (sorry i can't upload it) then put it in tmp and install it, after a restart go in the plugin section green button and you will have the sofcams to download....

• Hi ,

Oscam channels running ok however I put my friends c line into oscam and it runs and freezes constantly. I checked his c line in an Amiko mini running cccam and it runs fine.

UPDATE.

Using the oscam web IF I disabled the line that clears my oscam channels and the cccam channels now work perfect. It looks like there is a conflict when oscam has to handle both c line and N line services.

Edited once, last by hs5424 ().

• depends how its set up i have n and c running together

this is my cccam setup, also did you use the cline to oscam convertor put your nline set up here with out details

• Hi Pauldb,

I didn't use a c line to oscam convertor. I just made it up and thought I got it correct. Here are my configs. The emulator / dvbapi I know nothing about. Don't know if I need it as I don't have a local card in the box. ?????????.

[reader]

label = Cline

protocol = cccam

device = scoobydoo.dyndns.tv,12345

user = spongebob

password = spongebob

inactivitytimeout = 30

group = 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

cccversion = 2.1.3

ccckeepalive = 1

[reader]

label = franks

description = newcamd

protocol = newcamd

device = scoobydoo.dyndns.tv,65432

key = 0102030405060708091011121314

user = scoobydoo2

password = scoobydoo2

disableserverfilter = 1

group = 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

[reader]

label = pats

description = newcamd

protocol = newcamd

device = linuxsat.org,12349

user = scooby3

password = scooby3

disableserverfilter = 1

group = 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

[reader]

label = emulator

protocol = emu

device = emulator

caid = 090F,0500,1801,0604,2600,FFFF,0E00,4AE1,1010

detect = cd

ident = 090F:000000;0500:000000,023800,021110,007400,007800;1801:000000,007301,001101,002111;0604:000000;2600:000000;FFFF:000000;0E00:000000;4AE1:000011,000014,0000FE;1010:000000

group = 1

emmcache = 2,1,2,1

emu_auproviders = 0604:010200;0E00:000000;4AE1:000011,000014,0000FE;1010:000000

• ok forget the emulator,thats not needed

but heres what i use

[reader]

label = your line name

description = Newcamd

protocol = newcamd

device = url,port

user = usr

password = password

caid = 0963

group = 1

audisabled = 1

and use them all time,combine with the cccam and see what happens

• let you know how it goes.

Thanks

Just to clarify. I now am running the cccam on oscam only as per my #14 post as a test. It's not ok.

My other reader in oscam which is clearing the 0963 channels are ok. Have you an example of cccam in oscam so that I can compare with mine. What do you think of my cccam entry in#14.

Edited once, last by hs5424 ().

• let you know how it goes.

Thanks

Just to clarify. I now am running the cccam on oscam only as per my #14 post as a test. It's not ok.

My other reader in oscam which is clearing the 0963 channels are ok. Have you an example of cccam in oscam so that I can compare with mine. What do you think of my cccam entry in#14.

post 13 i gave a cccam im using in the alien2 with oscam

• Thanks ,

I tried your cccam entry and things are the same. I am beginning to have serious doubts about the alien 2+. I now see that the epg is acting up. I have been using crossEpg / OpenEpg on my Vu+ duo for years without any issues. The Alien intermittently sticks at 75% during the parsing process. Also I noticed that during Epg downloading live FTA pictures tend to glitch a lot. I am wondering if this box can do more than one job at a time. I might try one of these but haven't read any review yet, https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/tiviar-alpha-plus. Can't be much worse than the Alien 2 at this stage.

• the alien is a very old box, its good it you have time to fix a few problems, cross can be funny and does take ages on the a2, also found the older crossepg is better and faster, ie 0.62 if you can find it

the a2 also needs a swap file

as much as i like my a2 as its got the best hd picture going ,iv had it since launch and on 24/7 ,these days i just have a basic image on and use it to stream to other boxes/pc, the best image i ever tried was from open arp, shame it never went further

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!