Help please! F4 Turbo / OpenATV update, how?

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,289 times. The last Post () by anorak_ian.

• This may seem stupid, but how do I update OpenATV? The existing image is from 2006.

I have the latest update on a usb stick, but with this horrible menu system I can't find how to do it.

What do you recommend OpenATV or OpenVix?

• It's ok boys and girls, I got the info from surfing the net.

Now I know what I'm doing, I can let you know this receiver has problems.

From the OpenATX 2006 that the receiver came with, it had problems in moving the dish, ie, it fell asleep.

Setting the motors limits: Go to zero ok, now go to 3 degrees west, had to reboot. Then went to 3 west.

Now go to 75east, no way! Flat refuses to do it, reboot after reboot, and that's what I bought this thing for the outer reaches.

Flashed it with Open VIX even worse! Nice looking setup though. But no damn good if it doesn't do what I want.

I'm going to try other software, but I think this is just another problem chineese openbox. Yep this receiver has been badged up as openbox. Or made by them.

• Oh, it doesn't look like it works with Fat 32 or NTFS. Although it kind of did when I first fitted it with a 32gb USB stick and 32gb SD card. It never did run my hard drive, telling me I had to format it (which I aint goin a do).

It works perfectly with it's own format of the cards, but that format will not work on a computer.

So this is total junk

If no other software (ATX etc) fixes the issues that this receiver has, then it's going on ebay! :(

• I used a satellite finder to make absolutely sure it's finding the sats.

The latest OpenATX installed, I chose 75east as my first satellite. The dish moved this time and to every satellite I chose, and I really thought I was going to get somewhere. It reads nothing from any satellite from 75east all the way down to 31.5east; the sat finder is getting a nice signal though.

Decorum stops me telling you what I think of this utter junk! :cursing:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!